• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Time is just an illusion, an artificial construct of human consciousness. It's not real. So 4 months, 4 years, 4 galactic years.. it's all meaningless.

Or we could all move to Jupiter. A day there is only about 9 hours. Atmosphere is a bit lacking though.

bloke

Ended up getting that new indiegala monday bundle for Star Horizon, here's the rest
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Osteya -- MB-03F4BD39094FCCA8 - Taken by madjoki
Chronoclysm -- MB-001D65813416B1D7 - Taken by pantsattack
AXYOS -- MB-FFCC73D5048B5816 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Incitement 3 -- MB-F4EAF38A550E5AFD - Taken by someguyinahat
A Bastard's Tale -- MB-48947B9E9A4C9EA5 - Taken by Kifimbo
Epic Showdown -- MB-894236DAB7FDF537 - Taken by Chreznor

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So in AC Syndicate, to find all the Secrets and Glitches you have to buy the maps with Helix credits ala real money? I've gotten enough for one map through gameplay but just have to make sure it's the only way to obtain the maps?

Yep, basically. You can buy glitch maps from vendors but there are usually 2-3 missing from each section of the city that you'll have to find on your own. The glitches and secrets will show up on your map if you're very close-by, but I mean very close-by. Some of the "hidden" glitches can be revealed through the "Social Glitch" system built into Uplay (you do have Uplay friends, right?).

So they're by no means required, but it will save you a considerable amount of time if you buy the maps from the Helix store.

Uzzy

Or we could all move to Jupiter. A day there is only about 9 hours. Atmosphere is a bit lacking though.

It's fine, we'll wave our British passports around and claim it in the name of Imperialism. Just need to find a way to float the Union Flag.

Turfster

So in AC Syndicate, to find all the Secrets and Glitches you have to buy the maps with Helix credits ala real money? I've gotten enough for one map through gameplay but just have to make sure it's the only way to obtain the maps?

You can just find them running around / with internet images too =p

Helldivers looks really cool tbh.
Best co-op driven game in years. Also helps that all of the DLC packs are superfluous additions to one's loadout, regardless of the comical pricing.

yrtcmj.gif

Maybe Dark Souls 3 will be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2.
"Being better than Dark Souls 2" wouldn't pose much of a task, really.

Anyone playing Helldivers? Good port and fun game? I bought the PS4 version when it came out and literally never launched it, lol.
It's a pretty decent port. Low on PC options, but it supports resolutions past 1080p and goes higher than 60 fps for what it's worth.

Monooboe

Yep, basically. You can buy glitch maps from vendors but there are usually 2-3 missing from each section of the city that you'll have to find on your own. The glitches and secrets will show up on your map if you're very close-by, but I mean very close-by. Some of the "hidden" glitches can be revealed through the "Social Glitch" system built into Uplay (you do have Uplay friends, right?).

So they're by no means required, but it will save you a considerable amount of time if you buy the maps from the Helix store.

Ah yeah I thought I bought some maps but as you say there are a bunch of clitches missing and saw that there was a map to buy for Helix points. Yeah I thought first that I would just go around with eagle vision to find the secrets, while glitches do show up kind of easily the secrets do not, you have to be really close, easier to hear them but I don't know if I have the energy to search for them without a map.XD I do have uplay friends! A couple but none who play AC.XD

You can just find them running around / with internet images too =p

Haha yeah that was my first though but without knowing which ones I've already picked up would mean I would have to run to all of them.XD

Cross your fingers for hot 144 FPS action in the Dark Souls 3 port.

I regret getting drunk and buying Just Cause 3, it was only 28 dollars but the desire is just not there at all. Lol.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Amongst all those leaks, or any other source of news, do we know if the remastered version of Turok is coming to Steam?

kagamin

OK then, I wonder if Dark Souls III's PVP will match up to Dark Souls II, Bloodborne wasn't that great really... and Dark Souls was way too exploitable in terms of toggling which completely negated the need for poise (and I'm not going back to play Demon's Souls). I would love more balanced PVP like DkS2.
Yes there is broken stuff in the PVP, but in comparison to the other its much better

Salsa

can someone still gift you a fourpack without gettin any of the copies for himself?

edit: uh nvm Helldivers doesnt even have a fourpack wtf

I feel like Just Cause 3 has the worst AA/IQ I've seen in a pc game in a long time. Playing at 1440P and it looks like 720 or something.

Jawmuncher

If I knew I could play co-op with my younger brother, it'd make getting it on PC that much easier.

Then again, he's deployed for most of next year, so it may not matter.

If he even manages to play online from over though, it would be laggy as all hell.
If you could even connect.

Adnor

Banned
The Bozak Horde DLC for Dying Light is hard as hell, but more than that it's looooooooong. And you just have three tries or you start from the beginning.

That bow better be the most amazing weapon in the game.

AHA-Lambda

Spotify has a cool little infographic thing on their site showing what you listened to throughout the year.

Relevance?
My list is dominated by Chvrches ;)

Anyway, wtf is metropopolis??

Heh, unsurprisingly for me Chvrches dominated my list :p

Top artist:
Chvrches
Prides
Foxes
Hurts
Fall Out Boy

Top Albums:
Every Open Eye (Chvrches)
The Way Back Up (Prides)
Glorious (Foxes)
Surrender (Hurts)
Cast In Steel (a-ha)

Top Songs:
Uptown Fun (Mark Ronson)
Make Them Gold (Chvrches)
Higher Love (Prides)
See You Again (Wiz Khalifa)
Down Side of Me (Chvrches)

Top Genre:
Indietronica
Synthpop
Rock
Metropopolis
Dance Rock

Lots of gains shown over last year

Winter: Fall Out Boy, Chvrches, Prides
Spring: Purity Ring, Josh Groban, Muse
Summer: Prides, Chvrches, Lana Del Rey
Autumn: Chvrches, Hurts, Foxes

My hot spotify/steam playlist
My stats are thrown off by the fact that I listen to Carrie and Lowell before I go to bed, lol. Also when I was working in a machine shop earlier this year I'd listen to a lot of the same albums on repeat because it helped me keep track of the shift.

First song this year: Unfucktheworld - Angel Olsen
Top artists:
1. Surfjan Stevens (2,684 streams)
2. Bob Dylan (1082)
3. Kendrick Lamar (692)
4. Father John Misty (590)
5. Janelle Monae(464)

Top albums:
1. Carrie & Lowell - Sufjan Stevens (2,355)
2. In My Own Time - Karen Dalton (408)
3. Tetsuo & Youth - Lupe Fiasco (380)
4. Burn Your Fire Before No Witness - Angel Olsen (367)
5. Run the Jewels 2 - Run the Jewels (365)
I don't feel like I listened to Tetsuo & Youth nearly that much, lol.

Top Tracks (lol)
1. Death With Dignity - Sufjan Stevens (319)
2. Drawn to the Blood - Sufjan Stevens (253)
3. Forth of July - Sufjan Stevens (237)
4. Should Have Known Better - Sufjan Stevens (234)
5. Eugene - Sufjan Stevens (234)

No data for the next five but I'll list them given there's less fudging due to not playing them at night:
Tee Pees 1-12 - Father John Misty
Murals - Lupe Fiasco
Pinata - Freddie Gibbs and Madlibs
Something on Your Mind - Karen Dalton
Instant Disassembly - Parquet Courts

Top Genres:
1. Indie Rock
2. Lo-Fi
3. Freak Folk
4. Indie Folk
5. Indie Pop

I listened to 65,000 minutes, or 1079 hours, or 45 days.
I listened to 675 different artists
I listened to 5,245 different tracks

Winter: Charlie XCX(307), Kendrick Lamar (280), Lupe Fiasco(305)
Spring: Bob Dylan, Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae
Summer: Sufjan Stevens, Karen Dalton, Rolling Stones
Fall: Sufan Stevens, Ramones, Sky Ferraria
My most musical season was Summer

And to keep this from turning into just a list war, we should set a Duck Game play session this weekend. I want to play more of that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I think those two have to be purchased with the Helix points. It's shitty and they did it in Unity too.

Amongst all those leaks, or any other source of news, do we know if the remastered version of Turok is coming to Steam?
Both were in the leak.

REFUND THAT MOTHERFUCKER

put it towards dark souls 3
I didn't buy it through steam so I can't :p

Dark Souls 3 will be a day one purchase of course, hoping it has the same texture quality as Bloodborne. So many great assets in that game ruined by some of the worst IQ of the current gen.

how come? you can ask a refund whatever the price was, only demand is that he hasn't played it more than 2 hours
I bought the game from a trader, not through steam. You have to have purchased directly through steam to refund a game.

Plus I believe in living with your mistakes, haven't refunded yet :p

I was going to buy EDF 4.1 but I guess I'll wait now given it's coming to the PC at some point hopefully with that listing leak. Still picking up EDF 2 Vita though.

I didn't buy it through steam so I can't :p

Dark Souls 3 will be a day one purchase of course, hoping it has the same texture quality as Bloodborne. So many great assets in that game ruined by some of the worst IQ of the current gen.

ooh that's a bummer man. i suppose you can try asking for a refund but i doubt "i was drunk" qualifies as a good reason, haha.

same here, if miyazaki directing it wasn't the main reason of hype, i don't have a ps4 but bloodborne looks finger licking delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom