• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything can be acceptable as long as one lowers their standards enough.

It's as good as console version, and I believe people who play games on them don't have low standard.

It's not only about standard anyway. People throw 'unplayable mess' everytime Batman AK PC is on topic. It's far from unplayable for me. It's in fact more playable for me than Fallout 4 which drop to sub 30fps in crowded/towns area.

Nzyme32

remove the square under the 1 you've already got and the square above that group of 2

X
-
X
X
X
-
X
X

1 3 2...there has to be a break of at least one square between those

It's in the order it's written. 1 3 2 means a single block, followed by a group of 3, followed by a group of 2.

There's always at least one space between groups. So you can clear the one directly under the 1 and the one directly above the 2. That leaves only 3 "open" squares in the column.

Thanks, very helpful! For some reason I thought those groupings per row / column could be in any order. No idea how I made it so far without mistakes to that point!

Corpekata

Banned
The game was removed from stores for several months. Good on you for not hitting the issues, but unplayable mess certainly describes the port of a lot of people, enough to do something that was totally unprecedented.

Don't go crying to your mama 'Cause you're on you're own, in the real world.

my opinion of them was always neutral. but then this song came out and the radio had a field day with it. trashy song, it changed my opinion from neutral to thinking that they're doodoo. I'm just happy the radio has finally moved on from that awful song.

tmarg

RFkdT1h.png

is squarecells picross?

It's as good as console version, and I believe people who play games on them don't have low standard.

It's not only about standard anyway. People throw 'unplayable mess' everytime Batman AK PC is on topic. It's far from unplayable for me. It's in fact more playable for me than Fallout 4 which drop to sub 30fps in crowded/towns area.

Maybe when they say "unplayable mess" they are just talking about Batman games in general?

I don't know how Hexcells expects me to start levels in World 4 that only show me hexes with {X} on them and no discernible indication as to where the consecutive chain starts

Nzyme32

I don't know how Hexcells expects me to start levels in World 4 that only show me hexes with {X} on them and no discernible indication as to where the consecutive chain starts

If you do a screenshot we might be able to help. Generally what I do is, if the {x} number is big enough, you can count from the very edge of the column / row / line to see where all the blues could go, then do the same at the other end and see how the two cross over. Highlight those since you now know those have to be blues no matter what, and you might find they help you work out what to do else where

SalsaShark has this post covered.
CleverDearestArabianhorse.gif

Granjinha

Now that it's patched it's playable. Before? No way.

SalsaShark has this post covered.

Now that it's patched it's playable. Before? No way.

Wow, was it that bad at release? I had no idea lol.
I still think that it would be fair if we give them a break if they managed to fixed it by now. Even the Witcher 3 on release was performing badly on consoles, and now they've already fixed it. But yeah, first impression is all that matters for games though. That's why I love delay announcements.

I still think that it would be fair if we give them a break if they managed to fixed it by now. Even the Witcher 3 on release was performing badly on consoles, and now they've already fixed it. But yeah, first impression is all that matters for games though. That's why I love delay announcements.
It's also not a very good batman game.

MUnited83

For you.

Lol @"at release". Fairly sure that Salsa made that gif after the damn patch :p. The game is not fixed, and you shouldn't give them a break.

If you do a screenshot we might be able to help. Generally what I do is, if the {x} number is big enough, you can count from the very edge of the column / row / line to see where all the blues could go, then do the same at the other end and see how the two cross over. Highlight those since you now know those have to be blues no matter what, and you might find they help you work out what to do else where

Thanks, that and some guesswork got me to world 5. I feel bad about the guesswork though, there must be something I'm not seeing in some cases.

Deitus

Thanks, that and some guesswork got me to world 5. I feel bad about the guesswork though, there must be something I'm not seeing in some cases.

There has to be. The game is designed so that you never need to guess to solve a puzzle. Although there were definitely a few that had me stumped for a while before it finally clicked.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AXYOS -- MB-8C6F63214C0A5C38 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.

t1449546141z1.png

online shooter, 67% positive ratings, has cards

Deitus

That might be it but, I dunno if I was a fan to begin with.

I never found it amazing to begin with, but it was serviceable, and could be fun at times, at least until that style of combat got milked to death. Sakura was trash even before they started milking the hell out of it.

Arkham combat was fun until so many clones of it really started to highlight why the Arkham combat wasn't all that good.

I'm not a fan of Arkham combat. Got bored on the previous Batman games because of the combat. That's why I'm digging the addition of Batmobile in AK. It blends very well in the game and controlling it, in and out of combat, is so much fun. It seems that people hate it instead, though.

KingKong

Squarecells is a cool picross variant, the number inside the square is clever. The only annoying thing is I keep forgetting if left or right mouse is mark or delete and get unforced errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom