• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

I barely understand a thing on this page. Almost entirely alien to me.

Steam (and by extension, SteamGAF) is certainly diverse these days.

Edit: well, the previous page - but it probably serves pre-emptively on this one too.

I've never seen more word salad than that arc systems press release. How can blood be melty, anyway?

It's.. complicated.

Thinking about it, Tsukihime is Shirou's worst nightmare because half the cast won't 'die when they are killed'.

peopledie.jpg

I remember there were two chapters of Kara no Kyoukai translated in the Faust Light Novel anthology by DelRey and the novel was supposed to come out like 2 months later.

Then the company was bought by Kodansha (or sth. like that) and all the light novels they were still translating (Zare no Goto vol. 3) never came out...

Yeah but the Vita 1000 isn't doing nothing for me. OLED and all. I've been using the PS TV more often, especially for streaming. Would love to buy the Vita 2000 but not for the price of close to $200.

Not yet...missing Persona.

vita 1000 is a fucking gimmick. i've had FIVE VITAS thanks to gifts

the only one i've kept is the slim. ips > oled. oled is a shitty meme technology. stupid fucking blotchjes and oversatuerd clourd

You are a shitty fucking meme poster.

IPS is a technology decent enough for typing documents, certainly not for actually gaming.

oh shit you wanna rumble with a drunk canadian durante? i thought we were at least acquaintances, AND i have a hockey stick in my closet
because i certainly get banned before you
i like ips more because i like ips more, didn't like the black blotches or oversatured colours

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Someone please explain this hoopla in plain English, or Spanish if you will.

Pues viene Engranaje Culpable Xrd, Sangre Derretida, Bajo Noche En-Nacimiento Ejecutable: Tarde, BlazAzul Chrono Fantasma Extendido. La gente quiere Persona Arena 4 pero aun no se sabe si viene. Esta jodidamente cool.

Durante

oh shit you wanna rumble with a drunk canadian durante? i thought we were at least acquaintances, AND i have a hockey stick in my closet
because i certainly get banned before you
i like ips more because i like ips more, didn't like the black blotches or oversatured colours
The "shittyfucking meme poster" part was more of a jocular choice of words to express how deeply and vehemently I disagree, I hope no one takes it seriously.

dkygalqpvuwx.png

That said, OLED is the only flat panel technology which is really suited for fast-paced gaming without huge workarounds (such as backlight strobing). "Black blotches" are an implementation artifact (there are plenty of OLED screens without any or with almost invisible mura) and color saturation is simply a matter of calibration. The drawbacks of LCD technology are basically impossible to rectify, comparatively.

The "shittyfucking meme poster" part was more of a jocular choice of words to express how deeply and vehemently I disagree, I hope no one takes it seriously.

That said, OLED is the only flat panel technology which is really suited for fast-paced gaming without huge workarounds (such as backlight strobing). "Black blotches" are an implementation artifact (there are plenty of OLED screens without any or with almost invisible mura) and color saturation is simply a matter of calibration. The drawbacks of LCD technology are basically impossible to rectify, comparatively.

pls don't bully me and name call me, i respected you and told my freinds to visit your blog . i din du nuffin;_;

i know oled's black splotches are part of the technology. i just like the IPS because a) i'm used to it and b) i can't stand them yet

Nabs

GuiltyGear Xrd -SIGN- will be $29.99 with a 20% first week discount. All DLC free for the 1st month. System voices, color palettes, Sin, Elphelt, Leo.

Link

I just love the OLED screen. I don't even feel like upgrading my smartphone unless the phone in consideration has an AMOLED panel. I hope by the time I upgrade my PC the next time, OLED stuff is cheap.

GuiltyGear Xrd -SIGN- will be $29.99 with a 20% first week discount. All DLC free for the 1st month. System voices, color palettes, Sin, Elphelt, Leo.

Link

Nice. I never bought the game on PS4 so for that low a price, I might jump in. Even sooner if the game pops up on Nuuvem with the same discount, since past ArcSys published games showed up there like Arcana Heart 3: Love MAX!!! and the other Guilty Gear games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm calling you out Nabs

Like for realsies this time

Knurek

IPS is a technology decent enough for typing documents, certainly not for actually gaming.

What? No, seriously, IPS is good enough (for me).
Certainly better than T 'don't move your head by even a millimeter if you want proper colors' N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom