• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Yes, but it's 40€ even if you have Plus (lol).
I'll wait my usual 75% discount, meanwhile Sega will announce ports on PC, it would be the best option, I hate buying stuff on PSN.

The discount isn't up yet, worst case scenario the discount goes live on Wednesday :/
Send a tweet to SEGA EU and they'll contact Sony to speed ish up.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah SFV and KI are paving the way for future fighting game updates, I hope.

I agree, but I like KI's idea of having a F2P option. People can then try the game and only buy the characters they want. It's getting a PC port and a 3rd "season," so it seems to be doing well. *shrugs*

dex3108

So 2015 was really year of dreams for gaming but now we are missing one announcement from one studio to put cherry on top of it. Yes i am looking at you Valve, announce new game and put that cherry on top! :D

accel

Regarding System Shock 3, I never played the first two, so, (1) - were these games good when they released? (2) - would you recommend playing them today?

Tizoc

I'll try to do a quick write up regarding the upcoming fighting games to Steam.
For the most part they should be easy to get into, but mastering them varries as a few games' systems will take a while to accumulate to, as 2 hours is never gonna be enough to get the handle of a game :p

Ludens

Banned
Regarding System Shock 3, I never played the first two, so, (1) - were these games good when they released? (2) - would you recommend playing them today?

Do you like Bioshock 1?
SS2 is a more "complete" version of Bioshock, some things you can do in SS2 where dumbed down in Bioshock 1.
The game is simply great, nor too long but challenging, the plot itself is very good.
Never played SS1, I think that one is harder to manage today, controls are just horrible (this is the reason why a team is doing a full remake for it).
Dunno about the plot.

accel

Do you like Bioshock 1?
SS2 is a more "complete" version of Bioshock, some things you can do in SS2 where dumbed down in Bioshock 1.
The game is simply great, nor too long but challenging, the plot itself is very good.
Never played SS1, I think that one is harder to manage today, controls are just horrible (this is the reason why a team is doing a full remake for it).
Dunno about the plot.

Got it. I *love* Bioshock 1, so this should be right up my alley. Thanks a lot.

did better than wildstar :(

How was it nowadays?
I've just uninstalled the game last week to make space for Witcher 3.

Luckily you can start installing it now.

BhHBie3CIAAhGJt.jpg

Right, how silly of me.

Deques

2556 hours and 17 minutes.

2566 hours ~ 107 days ~ 15 weeks ~ 3.5 months

How many weeks is that? :eek:

The game is just gigantic. Iirc, I had to download 60gb from steam first, then the launcher is up from there. For my surprise, I had to download another 10gb+ of files from the launcher until I finally got in.

See my post here :)

One Way Heroics PLUS is on sale, $3.59. You'll get DRM-free build AND a Steam key
http://playism-games.com/game/213/one-way-heroics-plus

Dr Dogg

Man I remeber the days of working in front of a CCFL panel for 8 hours a day. Felt like you were getting a tan if you didn't get up after an hour.

Speaking of OLED monitors where are all the consumer models? There's a couple of video production montors that cost as much as a small hatchback but that's about it.

Tizoc

For reals though get hype for that Under Night InBirth and yes that is the name of the game
aka UNREAL BLACK THINGS
vrdTwPM.gif

Tizoc

You need to calm down, mate. lol

We don't even have a release date for it or Melty blood yet.

Embrace the hype, they could come in Late 2016 and I'll keep that hype train going.
I mean heck we keeping the Indivisible hype going, let's spread the love~

Tizoc

Garou MOTW coming to Steam too?? :O , would buy that day 1 , i know the netcode would be terrible but eehhh

Garou AND Last Blade 2. LB2 might come later but I'm certain it's coming.
2016 IS the Fatal Fury series' 25th anniversary after all.

Pachimari

I have gone through all 80 pages of my subscriptions and cleaned it up, but I also fell for some old threads with some games coming out for PC, which I haven't heard about for a while. So what has happened to the following games? Due Process, Cult County, Black Desert, Hover, Severed, Vane, Hunger, YIIK, Pamela, Enki, Kholat, Allison Road, Project Session, Elex, The Solus Project, Inner Chains, Kona and Last Life?

Deques

Are those steam keys?

Sadly no

To redeem your key:

Create a game account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com.
Activate your account by clicking the link in the activation email sent to you.
Return to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com and sign in with your new account.
On your account page, click "Redeem Code." Enter your code in the popup box that appears.
Once your code has been successfully redeemed, a download link will appear on your account page. Download the game and you'll be ready to play.

Dr Dogg

I've got 2 copies of TESO (retail and Steam), played neither of them since the beta. I wonder how far ZeniMax are from breaking even and if they ever will. Problem with a game that requires you to have a server infrastructure to keep it running is that you are always accumulating costs.

I have gone through all 80 pages of my subscriptions and cleaned it up, but I also fell for some old threads with some games coming out for PC, which I haven't heard about for a while. So what has happened to the following games? Due Process, Cult County, Black Desert, Hover, Severed, Vane, Hunger, YIIK, Pamela, Enki, Kholat, Allison Road, Project Session, Elex, The Solus Project, Inner Chains, Kona and Last Life?

Black Desert I believe must be in closed beta and is supposed to release on NA and EU next year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FYI: Don't remove from your account a store-bought game that has since been delisted as you can't restore the licence in such cases and the licence removal tool is "working as intended".

Update: It seems Valve actually fixed this. In the thread I made, someone said he was encountering a similar problem but was able to restore such licences as of yesterday, so I experimented myself:

Hmm, yeah, it seems the tool has been fixed. I was able to restore my Estetiikka licence, but then thought, "Perhaps that's because I had to add it to my account again using a gift copy", so I disabled my Ice Age 4 licence, which I purchased from the store myself, and was able to restore it as well. Looks like I'll be asking Valve to replace the Estetiikka gift that Steam essentially "ate". Thanks!

Dr Dogg

Oh I've just remembered Guilty Gear Xrd uses UE3. Urghhh I guess I'll get it to see how far it can be tinkered with and pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom