• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

What? No, seriously, IPS is good enough (for me).
Certainly better than T 'don't move your head by even a millimeter if you want proper colors' N.
Well sure. But comparing yourself against TN as a display technology is like comparing yourself against North Korea as a country :p

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey SteamGAF here is Google Form where you can add your SteamGAF nick and yout Twitter name.

Google Form

Google Sheet with SteamGAF Twitter names

Google Sheet

And there is also Twitter list that i made from people who i follow

Twitter List

Feel free to add yourself if you want :D And if you agree Thread creator can include it if he want's in OP.

Old Sheet has been deleted so please submit your names again.

Knurek

Well sure. But comparing yourself against TN as a display technology is like comparing yourself against North Korea as a country :p

North Korea isn't used by (seemingly) 90% of gaming population.
TN is. :(

TN->IPS is almost as much of an upgrade as CRT->TN was a downgrade.

Deques

Not sure if I should publicly shout out names, and US.

pls
tax evasion is strong with friends and family payments

(and uh, to be honest, unsure, I did paypal and never asked for anything else, I like paypal)

I would love to buy from your guy, if you could help me get a gift it would be great. But I want to see if Nuuvem will have it cheaper

accel

"Originally released in 2010 as a free-to-play Action-RPG MMO, ..." - but then - "... the game has been slightly redesigned to support a simple one-time purchase for all core content."

This is interesting. First MMORPG wishlisted in a while. (Because it looks like it might be played not as an MMORPG.)

Not sure if I should publicly shout out names, and US.

pls
tax evasion is strong with friends and family payments

(and uh, to be honest, unsure, I did paypal and never asked for anything else, I like paypal)

No paypal yet. :(

I really hope that news about this country inviting talks with Paypal and amazon end up being true.

System shock 3, shenmue 3, the third team ico game. We all know what fabled game is next boys

Oh yeah, and I added my twitter to the list in case anybody wants to follow me. Spoiler alert:
my screenname is bubbavelli

Durante

I made a thread which is relevant to this community:
How should Japanese developers/publishers handle transitioning to Steam releases?

didn't, uh, sony have a proper follow up for true thin CRT-like tech but trademarks prevented it?
There were several interesting and promising technological avenues pursued at the time, like SED, but I think what really killed them was that LCD was cheap and "good enough".

"Good enough" is the enemy of excellent :p

accel

Me too. Think how great they coud be with another 2 decades of development.

Two biggest issues with CRTs that would perhaps have remained serious issues even after 2 decades of improvements: weight / power consumption. That's in the nature of the tech. There are pros, though, no denying that.

Kaleinc

Banned
I have TN at work and at home and they are far better than most of crappy laptop (and desktop) screens whatever those are made of.

Durante

I have TN at work and at home and they are far better than most of crappy laptop (and desktop) screens whatever those are made of.
Crappy laptop and desktop screens are almost exclusively TN.

There are abysmal TN panels and then there are kinda ok-ish TN panels :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FYI: Don't remove from your account a store-bought game that has since been delisted as you can't restore the licence in such cases and the licence removal tool is "working as intended".

Uraizen

Banned
I always feel shafted with Arc Sys games. Hopefully they join the Capcom and Microsoft and make the games a service soon.

I always want to buy one but the next game almost always literally seems to be around the corner.

Japanese arcades would need to die first. Not sure why Capcom decided to opt for a home release only for SFV. I definitely prefer the focus on a home release.

accel

Everyone will be wearing VR goggles soon enough.

FWIW, I heard that five years ago. I think we are very far away from that (goggles going mainstream) - perhaps ten years, and even then it won't be like this with everyone wearing them, it will just be another thing people would use from time to time like a wheel for racing games, and we'll talk about the next thing (a room with virtual walls?) that will supposedly be a hit.

Durante

I don't think recently produced laptops have something older than a variation of va, ips or led.
"LED" is not an LCD type, it's a type of backlight (the other being CCFL). You can have a LED-backlit IPS, VA or TN panel. Everything sold as just "LED" is usually TN.

Japanese arcades would need to die first. Not sure why Capcom decided to opt for a home release only for SFV. I definitely prefer the focus on a home release.
Yeah SFV and KI are paving the way for future fighting game updates, I hope.
FWIW, I heard that five years ago. I think we are very far away from that - perhaps ten years, and even then it won't be like this with everyone wearing them, it will just be another thing people would use from time to time like a wheel for racing games, and we'll talk about the next thing (a room with virtual walls?) that will supposedly be a hit.
Fahrenheit 451 is nearly here.

oipic

S-PVA panels rock - the best of all the monitor worlds all in one? Maybe. *hugs monitor*

--------

System Shock 3? Gosh, this has been some kind of year for announcements and such like this one. Hard to believe it has been 16 years since 2. Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom