• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Dogg I see that working with a Indie dev. Really don't think that would pan out for a AAA game (unless it's a mass problem) or a Japanese developer who is just ignoring the thread (tecmo koei).

Well that game I had the issue with was one of the bigger franchises in gaming overall. Currently I'm trying to deal with 4 issues raised with Ubisoft about AC Syndicate and have answers back for 2 of them, 1 is on hold and the 4th is something that only 0.00001% of people would ever experience and they can't replicate due to not having the specific hardware their end to do so that I think won't get addressed. Support have been pretty good but I've made bloody sure that what I'm explaining makes sense to virtually anyone and supplied plenty of examples. Squenix's community manager didn't reply to email about Type-0 but that might have got a bit too wordy for my own good. Still guess I'm going to get a rerun with Lightning Returns.

Maniac

Banned
Crappy laptop and desktop screens are almost exclusively TN.

There are abysmal TN panels and then there are kinda ok-ish TN panels :p

Dell are, somehow, TN-wizards. I have an Alienware monitor that I've had for over half a decade, and I was sure it was an IPS panel or something along those lines.

Turns out it's a fucking TN panel with great colours and insane viewing angles.

Really still not quite sure how they managed.

Jawmuncher

Well that game I had the issue with was one of the bigger franchises in gaming overall. Currently I'm trying to deal with 4 issues raised with Ubisoft about AC Syndicate and have answers back for 2 of them, 1 is on hold and the 4th is something that only 0.00001% of people would ever experience and they can't replicate due to not having the specific hardware their end to do so that I think won't get addressed. Support have been pretty good but I've made bloody sure that what I'm explaining makes sense to virtually anyone and supplied plenty of examples. Squenix's community manager didn't reply to email about Type-0 but that might have got a bit too wordy for my own good. Still guess I'm going to get a rerun with Lightning Returns.

I think that's another issue. Not many of us despite being on PC are going to be that well versed. "Hey this isn't working" is about the extent of information most of us can provide.

Dr Dogg

I think that's another issue. Not many of us despite being on PC are going to be that well versed. "Hey this isn't working" is about the extent of information most of us can provide.

Hahaha sure I know a few things here and there but no way would I even dream to say I'm highly knowledgeable let alone an expert on graphics rendering. And that's precisely the wrong thing you want to do. Chances are if you're trying to use technical terms in bug reporting and are not very certain or correct chances are you'll lead someone down the wrong path or more than likely say something that will go over the support reps head. I've found just simple explanation as to what the issues is, how it is effecting the game, supported with pictures or videos is way better than saying 'your surface shader is missing and alpha transparency layer than causes corruption when moving the character at oblique angles through volumetric effects'. It's probably a load of waffle that you'd end up parroting from some other source that thinks they know what they're talking about.

If something looks blurry just say it looks blurry and support it with evidence. Actually just remembered a good example of this. When Fable Anniversary launched on PC the overall image way a little bit soft which led a few to believe it was an overtly aggressive FXAA implementation and that's what got banded about. Stallion I think mentioned it looked more like something else maybe depth of field which turns out he was right and dof was set at the wrong depth buffer. Plain English, which hopefully most of us are conversant in, is more often better a technical breakdown by eye.

Ban Puncher

Day seventeen of no internet.

PErtyDy.gif

Uzzy

So, who's up for a Guilty Gear Xrd game this weekend? Hopefully the netcode is good enough that we can get a group together from all around the world.

fantomena

Do your PR contacts ask you for any bug submissions when you do reviews and such? A couple of folks I've worked with that used to work for Future Publishing said some were really keen to get them while others weren't really that fussed at all.

No, they've just warning about day 1 patches which might change my opinions towards the game.

Messiah

So, who's up for a Guilty Gear Xrd game this weekend? Hopefully the netcode is good enough that we can get a group together from all around the world.

Sure, I was thinking about doing a sign-up for a game night. Wasn't sure if enough people would get the game to justify it though and was too lazy to look for the form. Feel free to set it up if you want.

Dr Dogg

I'm pretty sure if I was separated from the internet for a prolonged period of time I'd lose track of time and not have a clue what day it was too.

Just this year upgraded from a 10 year old 768p TN to a 1080p IPS. Splendid I say!
Plan on jumping to 1440p in 4-5 years. These far-between upgrades are gorgeous and make you appreciate it a whole lot more.

Release Date: Dec 9, 2015
Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMIoZ5FIm8
That fighting game I hear so often people are hyped about. Nice to see it's on PC.
I guess Im lucky since Ive already played Dark Souls 3 and now how it is. :)
You know what they say about show-offs! ;)
A whole lot sooner than I imagined. Hopefully combat is much more different than in Witcher 1/2.

Tizoc

That fighting game I hear so often people are hyped about. Nice to see it's on PC.

Street Fighter V is the easier of the two, but Xrd's visuals and overall system are pretty solid. Tutorial mode is good to get a handle on the game, from there it comes to which character's style suits you best.

Chariot

That's basically why I <redacted> to be prepared for days without internet. I had them, I know they will be coming back at some point and then I just <redacted>.

Accoun

Cold-blooded.

Reminds me of an RPG session. My friend's character always was like "what are you doing", "where are we going" etc. It was kinda annoying because he would do it for example when I was doing something precise or thinking about something. One time I was fed up with it and just responded "you'll see".
Then I remembered he played a blind character.

Tizoc

The real question is whether or not Xrd has a chance at the much lauded boner market SFV seems to be mining.

Xrd is likely to still be played up til EVO '16 at least. Granted REVELATOR (Xrd Ch. 2) releases a few months before EVO, but I don't think 3 months on consoles warrants it being in EVO, so Xrd will be alive for some time til REVELATOR releases on Steam, hopefully by December 2016 at the earliest if not latest ;)

Granjinha

From the Humble Monthly, great game :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Granjinha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-B17A45D90A73A413 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.

t1449592823z1.png

Messiah

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Hope the time is okay for people. Friday, 11th December 6PM GMT

Europe Xrd release gamenight
header.jpg

1 - Messiah
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -

t1449856800z0.png

Deques

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Hope the time is okay for people.

Europe Xrd release gamenight
[IM]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/376300/header.jpg?t=1449559235[/IMG]

1 - Messiah
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
In four hours? Here it says it will be available in a day and 12 hours

edit: nvm, you changed the time

I dont regret my Vita purchase of the FFX remakes. Having suspend and resume + it being portable was well worth it for me.

Can't wait to purchase this bundle for relatively cheap in the future, though. Gonna be weird to play FFX with xbox button prompts lol

Deques

Seems the FFX/X-2 leak was true (never knew why people doubted that).

From the official S-E site, removed now though:

[imghttp://abload.de/img/2vjqvrq6ssjx.jpg[/img]

Nice! It's pretty much confirmed then! My wife might watch me play this game, she loved Sudeki Da Ne MV and the story:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom