• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it spoilsport?

sThDTA8.gif

Dsyndrome

So everyone wondering, the answer can be gained from the following: each person is a character/monster that appeared on X-Files. The star in front of or the back of their name indicated whether to use the first or last name initial. The answer was indeed spoilsport, because it's hard to come up with words using X-files monsters.

PM me0wish for the actual link.
I immediately realized that the link got shortened and borked when seeing the Gaf PM since it happened to me on the other side.
Sent me0wish a PM but he's gonna get a lot of those...
Here's some unused photos from when I was coming up with the word.

PSA to watch X-Files in January, and petition whoever the fuck it is to bring the 90's X-Files FMV game to Steam.
The last one..... why don't you want me to sleep well.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.
Snake for Smash

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution -- MB-531AE143085F5E98 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Really Big Sky -- MB-301DDAB429998F53

oooh

Salsa

Also the entire series released in widesceen on Blu-Ray yesterday. Proper widescreen too, none of that cropping crap.

x-files-dvd-blu-ray-compare-101-016.jpg

x-files-dvd-blu-ray-compare-101-017.jpg

this same version is right now on Netflix (on every season) and it is fucking GODLY

best HD conversion i've ever seen. Thank fuck for that new tech (apparently some new software allowed them to have this made automatically without human input)

~Kinggi~

Banned
this same version is right now on Netflix (on every season) and it is fucking GODLY

best HD conversion i've ever seen. Thank fuck for that new tech (apparently some new software allowed them to have this made automatically without human input)

Glad they were able to do that. Been waiting for years for HD x files.

Salsa

Glad they were able to do that. Been waiting for years for HD x files.

apparently it takes the raw footage and edits it automatically by comparing it side by side to what originally aired

pretty impressive

other than that I think they redid some CG

Sober

Well maybe that and also because they shot it widescreen safe. The extra pixels are dead space but at least you don't get mic booms or crew members in the shot. It's very rare a show broadcast and shot in 4:3 should be re-released in widescreen unless they took precautions for it or it's like Seinfeld where zoom and crop doesn't really affect the shots at all.

Salsa

Well maybe that and also because they shot it widescreen safe. The extra pixels are dead space but at least you don't get mic booms or crew members in the shot. It's very rare a show broadcast and shot in 4:3 should be re-released in widescreen unless they took precautions for it or it's like Seinfeld where zoom and crop doesn't really affect the shots at all.

well I mean it was shot on Film.. most tv shows are

to have a mic boom in it would be dumb considering they'd be getting on the camera shot regardless of how it's later cropped

Dsyndrome

Could've thrown Jack Black in there too... I love this show.
jack%2Bblack%2Bgiovanni%2Bribisi.jpg

To keep it Steam related, Brutal Legend's great up to the point it becomes RTS city using a controller. The music's phenomenal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone needs to give this tech wizardry to the BBC so they can redo all the old Tom Baker Doctor Who episodes in HD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wow Xrd cleans up well especially the character lines! I'll grab it later in the month when I can wish I could play with everyone though!

To keep it Steam related, Brutal Legend's great up to the point it becomes RTS city using a controller. The music's phenomenal.

As some people can tell you. I do not care for RTS's AT ALL. It's harsh to say I loathe them or hate them or anything like that, but they are just not my jam. Except for small squad stuff, like some smaller Company of Heroes missions. I still love Brutal Legend despite the RTS elements.

FLD

And just like that, I feel like watching The X-Files...

Loved the show as a kid but I haven't seen that many episodes. Could be cool to watch the entire thing from the very beginning.

jack%2Bblack%2Bgiovanni%2Bribisi.jpg

Yeah... I completely dropped it during that first real RTS mission. It's just so bad.

Would've been a really good passable Overlord-style game, or even a straight up action/adventure, had they stayed those courses. But instead... RTS.

What boggles my mind the most is that it was conceived as an RTS first and foremost, with everything else being tacked on. I just don't understand how Double Fine missed the mark so entirely.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I actually forced myself through the RTS sections of Brutal Legend because I liked everything else about the game but then it glitched on me at the final battle and never triggered the ending and I just gave up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom