• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII

vEwOae7.jpg

Shantom

Now you can lose online too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign -- MB-7A5C3EA61986466C - Taken by trailmix16. 57 entrants total.

t1449849208z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Momodora III -- MB-C632ED08B09A607C - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 7 entrants total.

t1449764008z1.png

Dr Dogg

In the post refund world and with how the last couple of PC titles from Squenix have been, buying Lightning Returns from anywhere but Steam is asking for a kick in the balls.

Knurek

In case anyone's wondering, it uses a terrible emulator. Most probably way old MAME build, that didn't have support for Raiden II, had problems with sound emulation for Raiden Fighters and is best avoided.
And no, dotEmu wasn't as lazy as with the NeoGeo games, you can't use the roms with other emulators without some serious tinkering.
Also, no Steam keys for previous buyers, because dat dotEmu customer care.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Goodday!

So, uh, just to be sure. GOG key's aren't region-locked, right?
I know this is the Steam topic, but I thought maybe you guy's would now.

Parsnip

In the post refund world and with how the last couple of PC titles from Squenix have been, buying Lightning Returns from anywhere but Steam is asking for a kick in the balls.

Even in the worst case scenario it has to be better than the consoles at sub 20 fps.

I wonder how many people who hate the Witcher 3's gameplay forgot there is both a dodge and roll button. A lot of people with strong opinions about the combat forget about the former it seems which would make combat tedious.

Dr Dogg

Well 3 files got flagged for viruses (I flipping hope false positives) so off to a good start. Validating install and will try again.

Edit: And now it wants to download the whole fucking thing again!

Phinor

Funny thing is, the gameplay in TW3 is really good. This is getting weird real quick.

Some people like the gameplay/controls/you name it, others don't. You say it's really good, others disagree. I don't like the controls and that's why Witcher 3 isn't my game of the year. Story, world, atmosphere, characters, writing, visuals, all top tier stuff but for me, the game has problems with the most important part of (almost) any game.

bigzgod

Thought it was fitting to give this away, with the new movie a week away!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bigzgod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-0B6B9FE678C31697 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1449765508z1.png

Some people like the gameplay/controls/you name it, others don't. You say it's really good, others disagree. I don't like the controls and that's why Witcher 3 isn't my game of the year. Story, world, atmosphere, characters, writing, visuals, all top tier stuff but for me, the game has problems with the most important part of (almost) any game.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The weird thing is that lately there's a ton of people shitting on TW3 and many of those forget that a ton of other games with way worse gameplay also won awards for example. I don't know, everything is so weird.

Dsyndrome

Some are able to overlook W3's gameplay or like it, some are able to look over MGSV's story or like it. Who will win this holiday season and GOTY?

It does seem like Witcher 3's being called out moreso than others lately (at least in Gaming), could just be my perception.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The weird thing is that lately there's a ton of people shitting on TW3 and many of those forget that a ton of other games with way worse gameplay also won awards for example. I don't know, everything is so weird.

i'll give you a hint: Bloodborne

an even better hint: check my first hint

seems some folks are upset that their favorite game is being somewhat ignored this award season. And to that link earlier: The Walking Dead Season 1 took home the VGAs too and it wasn't like people were up in arms with a lite adventure game winning it back then. Theyre only upset now because X game that they really liked was passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom