• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

From FF13-3 OT.
Soooo... the game is locked to 1080p.

23629543966_e971d85cbc_h.jpg
[/url]

On the flipside, early reports from Steam forums say that the game seems to be actually running at solid 60, so...
Still waiting for more impressions (and GMG keys) I guess.

Also I find it kind of nuts that the options are in the application system bar or whatever the hell that is called.

Buraindo

I thought The Witcher 3 was almost universally well liked? Sad to see people get so angry at it because of some award nonsense.
It's a shame too because the game and its first expansion are outstanding.

I thought The Witcher 3 was almost universally well liked? Sad to see people get so angry at it because of some award nonsense.
It's a shame too because the game and its first expansion are outstanding.

Don't worry about what other people think of games. If you like it good, if others don't, too bad for them. For example I enjoyed the hell out of fallout 4 and a lot of people complain and hate it and say it is stupid yada yada yada, that is fine, I still enjoyed my 60+ hours.

From FF13-3 OT.

On the flipside, early reports from Steam forums say that the game seems to be actually running at solid 60, so...
It's like the Japnese developers are physically uncomfortable with releasing a pc port not half-assed in some parts.

Momentary

Banned
Any verdict on Guilty Geard Xrd and Ligghtning Returns ports?

Guilty gear has some minor hiccups, but it runs and looks amazing. Fullscreen = current monitor resolution. You can down sample with GeDoSaTo. Instructions can be found in the Xrd Topic. Also online lobbies seem to be finicky with some people, but the actual online matches were amazing for me. Way better than USFIV.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Any verdict on Guilty Geard Xrd and Ligghtning Returns ports?

Xrd port runs extremely well and downscales on even modest hardware thanks to UE3, 2D UI elements upscale poorly but supposedly Arc Sys is looking into improving those somehow. Netplay reports are mixed, but general experience seems to be positive.

Buraindo

Don't worry about what other people think of games. If you like it good, if others don't, too bad for them. For example I enjoyed the hell out of fallout 4 and a lot of people complain and hate it and say it is stupid yada yada yada, that is fine, I still enjoyed my 60+ hours.

I don't. I can understand actual criticism because it's important and it can help a game improve (Witcher 3 Controls Patch), but to pointlessly badmouth a game because it won some award seems petty.

loool , now bring MGS4 to steam

I dont trust konami with that. Their handling of ZOE and Silent Hill HD proves that they'll leave it to the lowest bidder and not give a fuck about the quality. Kojima gave enough of a shit to have ZOE2 HD fixed but we all know how much that worked out for him.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can we post SteamGAF's GOTY results over on gaming side again? I want to see the complaints when Witcher 3 wins.

I might get some clarification from Stump, but I was planning on posting the results over on gaming side. I was also toying with the idea of putting the "voting thread" over on gaming side too, since we had a lot of people last year with "I don't remember ever seeing the voting for this...?" posts last year.

Dr Dogg

So then...

Well had to redownload it all again so that was a great start and then when launching the game I'm greeted with this.
23360055940_f2edfa566c_o.png

Urggghhhh! Time to play around I guess.

Well right now it crashes is GeDoSaTo is active. Tried delayDetouring but looks like that's been axed in the latest build. The options 'task bar' if fucking crackers you have pretty much 2 states for every setting that are either Standard or Advanced with no description exactly what's going on. I mean scale display area is No Scaling which leaves the image window boxed, Standard which scales the image to the full size of your desktop res and Advanced which... does the same as Standard? Fuck knows. Here's the rest

Colour Correction, Standard or Advanced.
Glare Adjustment, Standard or Advanced.
Depth of Filed Adjustment, Standard or Advanced.
Shadowing, Standard or Advanced.
Lighting, Standard or Advanced.
Texture Filtering, Standard or Advanced.
Frame Rate, Fixed or Dynamic

Fixed is 30fps and Dynamic goes to 60. Oh and Full Screen is actually Borderless Windowed.

Performance wise well even at the maximum the game will let me use my card had seriously downclocked itself to about 3 thirds of it's core frequency and then only at 30-35% GPU utilisation. Not really done much bar the tutorial battle but will have a nosey about the more open bits I can in the opening,

Hardcoded resolution and some of the most ambiguous settings I've seen in a PC game. Fucking speechless.

shockdude

Spare from a while back
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shockdude, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blaster Shooter GunGuy -- MB-632BC1FB26EAE67B - Taken by dave is ok

Pretty good starting price. I for one am looking forward to get the FFXIII Trilogy all in one bundle or sale for about a fiver.
From FF13-3 OT.

Also I find it kind of nuts that the options are in the application system bar or whatever the hell that is called.
Personally 1080p is all I need but in the near future 1440P/4K will be standard and then even folks like me will scratch their heads why they didn't make more fuss for unlocked resolution being standard in the "past".

But hey, let's look at it positively. One of the most unexpected console exclusives ever is now on PC! What nice times we live in really.

Uzzy

We did that last year

Which is why I said 'again'!

I might get some clarification from Stump, but I was planning on posting the results over on gaming side. I was also toying with the idea of putting the "voting thread" over on gaming side too, since we had a lot of people last year with "I don't remember ever seeing the voting for this...?" posts last year.

Not so sure about putting the voting thread over on gaming side. It might just become another GOTY thread, and not the community's choice?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

lets see....to buy or not to buy...

New BundleStars Uprising Bundle

Grab 10 totally awesome Steam keys for only $1.99 in the brand new Uprising Bundle, saving a massive 96% off the normal price! From dungeon crawlers and platforming action to mage FPS and bullet hell shmup, grab this bundle while you still can!

DungeonUp
Olympia Rising
Grimoire: Manastorm
Ace of Words
Hyperspace Invaders II: Pixel Edition
Magical Brickout
Hypt
Ruzh Delta Z
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business
Collisions

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/uprising-bundle

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm really surprised with the negativity surrounding fallout 4, i would've bet money on it receiving widespread acclaim the same way skyrim did

it kind of makes sense tho, skyrim felt like a more refined evolution of oblivion, while fallout 4 feels like two steps back for each step forward it took over fo3.

i'm glad, bethesda just streamlined their game into a soulless thing and just simply destroyed an amazing character system, so they deserve all the backlash they get

it's so gross to see ubisoft or ea publishing tetris

it just feels wrong

Sarcasm

What will it be. I promise it isn't Bad Rats.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mystery Giveaway -- MB-A5D55D46F72D4DB0 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 24 entrants total.

t1449778648z1.png

In case anyone's wondering, it uses a terrible emulator. Most probably way old MAME build, that didn't have support for Raiden II, had problems with sound emulation for Raiden Fighters and is best avoided.
And no, dotEmu wasn't as lazy as with the NeoGeo games, you can't use the roms with other emulators without some serious tinkering.
Also, no Steam keys for previous buyers, because dat dotEmu customer care.

Last time dotEmu pulled that, there was a backlash and steam keys were provided eventually... can't remember the game name though. Little Adventure or something like that.

--

Another "hey Frost, where ya been?" episode is here! Rejoice if that's your sort of thing.

Very solid Zelda clone. Enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying Wind Waker; probably because I had 0 expectations for this game and the highest expectations possible for WW after OoT.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another "hey Frost, where ya been?" episode is here! Rejoice if that's your sort of thing.

Very solid Zelda clone. Enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying Wind Waker; probably because I had 0 expectations for this game and the highest expectations possible for WW after OoT.

Damn dude, color me impressed that you had the patience to earn those fishing achievements. The game is really great, probably going on my GotY voting.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Seems Ubi Tetris doesn't have controller support...

HOW? seriously, what are these people thinking sometimes? are they even thinking at all?

still not sure if it even has local multiplayer support...

edit: sorry, false alarm, new reports say it has controller support... but it must be activated in the menus :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom