• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope Yoda Stories resurfaces at some point. I know it's not an RPG, but it's what immediately springs to mind whenever I vaguely think of old Star Wars games.

WET is pretty underrated. Sure the visuals were very PS2 looking and a few gameplay things needed ironing but it was fun.
4c951da621.gif

Kinda sucks there was no PC version.
2bcc5daa06.gif

I really liked WET, a PC version would have been great :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
why play a bad Platinum-like when you can just play good platinum games.

what I would like on PC is Lollipop Chainsaw. Killer is Dead has ~175k in sales on steam, that's gotta be a lot better than they expected especially since Suda's games sell like shit

I don't think the game is exactly bad but lacks polish. Also I have mentioned wanting all Suda games on Steam before :p

I don't think the game is exactly bad but lacks polish. Also I have mentioned wanting all Suda games on Steam before :p

well then we're on the same page!

Yeah, I also liked Stranglehold. At least that one got a PC release. Too bad it's not on Steam :(

It was a real good Max Payne clone. Had a ton of fun with it back on the PS3.

Also,

Starting the Witcher: Wild Hunt for the Personal Computer very soon. What to turn off

oh okay let's see what the deal is with the OP

a) What difficulty level would you recommend? I like the Souls Games

oh it's going to be one of those threads

Damn that Double Fine bundle has everything but The Cave, The Cave soundtrack and Costume Quest 2. All for less than 10 bucks.
I feel so bad for buying some Double Fine games like Grim Fandango Remastered on release.

yeah, Midnight City published CQ2 and Sega published The Cave so they're never included in DF bundles. A shame, really

Eila

Damn that Double Fine bundle has everything but The Cave, The Cave soundtrack and Costume Quest 2. All for less than 10 bucks.
I feel so bad for buying some Double Fine games like Grim Fandango Remastered on release.

Soulflarz

Banned
it's a game built around these tensions, if you can't feel any of this why are you even playing dark souls in the first place -__-

These tensions don't exist for me, perhaps it's just the way I play games. I find the Souls series to have a fun combat system that makes me pay attention to my actions compared to more lenient games. I don't think you need to find a game difficult to have fun with it, nor do I think the game is designed to only be played as a tense one?

I think Final Fantasy 13 has some of the worst dialogue I have seen in a game and I've only played 30 mins.

You haven't seen hope rant yet even :')

Ludens

Banned
I think Final Fantasy 13 has some of the worst dialogue I have seen in a game and I've only played 30 mins.

I think Lightning intelligence is equal to a brick: LR spoiler
Lumina looks exactly like the sister she is trying to resurrect, but she totally can't recognize her. Same for Snow. And Hope. Those people have serious problems.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Forgot to add. No thanks needed.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ironclads collection -- MB-21CAFF3D275C6771 - Taken by septicore. 4 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-A45A32B4063284A7 - Taken by Pakkidis. 2 entrants total.
Disciples II: Rise of The Elves -- MB-8C43BA3B54920AE7 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Space Empires IV: Deluxe -- MB-E42E6B0AD20D09E8 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Beat Hazard -- MB-242F630708BBE955 - Taken by sakyot. 3 entrants total.

t1449863860z1.png
Got Ninja Blade and as someone who is not into redeeming games just for +1s, I hope someone else gets to have that joy.

pahamrick

Is it even possible to get 1080p60 with the newer Asscreed games?

I can get 1080p/60 on Unity with most settings on high (not max) and not using soft shadows or TXAA. The gameworks soft shadows drop my FPS by half almost.

Think it takes one hell of a monster rig to manage 1080p/60 with everything on max and all the gameworks features enabled.

Nabs

Got Ninja Blade and as someone who is not into redeeming games just for +1s, I hope someone else gets to have that joy.

NB tip: The 60fps option could possibly be bugged. I know it was for me. It caused many issues, including some that made it nearly impossible to wall run. Just remember that if you run into any control issues.

sakyot

What makes garry mod so special anyway?

I have it...but I just see weird random...servers/mod and people just doing weird stuff in them :p

Jazz573

I actually unironically like FFXIII. :p I don't think it's amazing but I do feel it's a lot better than people often say it is.

zkylon

zkylewd
These tensions don't exist for me, perhaps it's just the way I play games. I find the Souls series to have a fun combat system that makes me pay attention to my actions compared to more lenient games. I don't think you need to find a game difficult to have fun with it, nor do I think the game is designed to only be played as a tense one?
look at any stream of people playing it or anyone retelling their souls stories, you'll find hundreds of stories of ppl shaking after finishing a boss, heart racing, being so close to ragequitting, throwing controllers and all kinds of fun shit that comes from how stressful these games are

the fact that you're the one exception (i blame bad parenting and probably the inborn mark of evil) doesn't mean anything, really

there's exceptions to every rule, i bet there's someone out there that finds dwarf fortress the most casual shit ever

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems there was an issue with Ozium's giveaway. ELO was the answer after all (from what Ozium has told me it seems ModBot pulled the "answer" out of thin air) and TheAutomator was the first person to correctly-but-technically-incorrectly guess the answer.

Here are all ModBot logs from this calendar week related to your audit:
11 09:24:33 GA: Queueing Claims: Trivia answer elo for F620834F0812577D from TheAutomator
11 09:24:33 GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request TheAutomator for F620834F0812577D
11 09:24:33 GA: Begin Claims: Selected TheAutomator to win game F620834F0812577D
11 09:24:33 GA Claims Process: Wrong answer. TheAutomator's answer: elo / Correct answer: scorpions

Edit:
the answer was scorpions even though it was really ELO I formatted correctly but it was a re-used key from another trivia raffle so it must have kept that answer?

lol

Ah, yeah, that's what happened. The MB code is identical, so the old answer carried over.

Verde Station -- MB-F620834F0812577D - Taken by Ozium Trivia Question: What arachnids does Turfster consider to be dicks?
Mystery Game -- MB-F620834F0812577D - Taken by Ozium Trivia Question: Guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom