• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam really needs to enable the option to have the steam framerate counter be active during big picture mode. I play a lot of games on my 4K TV and the steam controller is a great option for that but it's bad for tweaking because you can't have the framerate counter work during forced bpm. So you have to alt tab out and use fraps or riva or whatever.

the fps in steam shows fps for ants! (it is really small and i cant even see on my 21 inch monitor without squinting)

L.O.R.D

my ass is getting kicked so hard in LR

this game is brutally hard
also , there is time limit ? oh god , i hatted dead rising 1 because of that
but here you don't know where to go

Khronico

From what I remember playing the game on PS3, playing on easy for your first playthrough is ideal, you can just jump into a normal difficulty on NG+.

Hektor

Just listen to your heart and follow the goddess.

?

I was under the impression steamspy numbers were low?

It's sitting at 100K Users, but it is a uPlay game, the majority probably plays the game outside of steam.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Do you guys know any fun and easy online co-op games? The best friend and I had a lot of fun with terraria and want something new.

Broforce for quick action stages. Not Contra for side scrolling, but of that gameplay type with more explosions.

Rocket League, just good fun playing together against other people or against bots for this car football.

Gauntlet, classic co-op hack and slash and survive the dungeon series.

BattleBlock Theater or one of the Rayman games for platforming.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for a puzzle-action game. Very easy to get used to, really feels like playing together to advance, and very fun.

c8KsAk5.png
Finally on NG+ I get this dangnabit trident. Farmed so much on NG but never got it ( -_-)
While clearing the last places of interest before heading to Artorias, I left Painted World to last. Still a gorgeous place.
Funny how it was much harder on NG. Now, it was a breeze. The boss was easy on both runs though. Understandable when you think about it. Once in this place, there's now way out until you defeat her - if you want her soul.

FLD

Finally on NG+ I get this dangnabit trident. Farmed so much on NG but never got it ( -_-)

Oh man, I feel your pain. I cleared the last few achievements I was missing a few weeks ago and had to farm for that fucking thing. Took me like 3+ hours.

It wasn't that bad since I was listening to podcasts and drinking beer but it was still the most tedious part of the entire process.

Broforce for quick action stages. Not Contra for side scrolling, but of that gameplay type with more explosions.

Rocket League, just good fun playing together against other people or against bots for this car football.

Gauntlet, classic co-op hack and slash and survive the dungeon series.

BattleBlock Theater or one of the Rayman games for platforming.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for a puzzle-action game. Very easy to get used to, really feels like playing together to advance, and very fun.

Fantastic list! Thank you very much KenOD. Knowing the best friend she will want to play BattleBlock and Lara Croft, thankfully the steam sales are coming and I might just grab them all.

Eighty Canuck Sheckles for Doom. I don't even know why I'm commenting about the price of things anymore. Games just cost 80$ before taxes and roughly 120$ if you buy a game and season pass. Every other Canadian in the thread already knows or doesn't care how much games cost. I don't think it's a point of interest for anyone outside of maybe Australians who are just sitting their cackling like Emperor Palpatine filled with schadenfreude that someone else somewhere in the commonwealth is facing the same sticker shock they've experienced for years.

I'll just add Doom to my wishlist so I can be notified about it being on sale for a price I am willing to pay in two years and stop complaining about the price of new, triple A games in this thread.

Dsyndrome

Is there a significant reason to get the Doom 3: BFG Edition if I already have the original and Resurrection of Evil? I don't want the same situation that DX:HR DC has. If there is a significant reason, can you use old saves on the new version?

Edit: Fuck it, it's $5 and has achievements.

Khronico

Just saw the trailer look and it does look interesting if only for the nostalgia value of the classic CRPG, I bet that it will be overlooked and it will end up in some indie bundle.

It was in a groupees bundle a billion years ago when it was still in greenlight, that's when I got it.

I was shocked to see that not only did it hit steam, it's going to be actually released in a week as a fully complete game. It was really cool to see that in real time.

Is there a significant reason to get the Doom 3: BFG Edition if I already have the original and Resurrection of Evil? I don't want the same situation that DX:HR DC has. If there is a significant reason, can you use old saves on the new version?

Native controller and widescreen support. Plus, there is an extra expansion that is exclusive to the BFG edition
It should also come with Doom 1 and doom 2 as well, if I recall correctly

Turfster

On the other hand, I've been sitting here debating paying the extra like 3€ for the separates and not getting the cheaper BFG edition because it fucked over Doom 1,2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom