• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

the answer was scorpions even though it was really ELO I formatted correctly but it was a re-used key from another trivia raffle so it must have kept that answer?

lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the answer was scorpions even though it was really ELO I formatted correctly but it was a re-used key from another trivia raffle so it must have kept that answer?

lol

Ah, yeah, that's what happened. The MB code is identical, so the old answer carried over.

Verde Station -- MB-F620834F0812577D - Taken by Ozium Trivia Question: What arachnids does Turfster consider to be dicks?
Mystery Game -- MB-F620834F0812577D - Taken by Ozium Trivia Question: Guess?

This is the first time I solve a trivia. Yay!

thanks Ozium

I would have made a trivia giveaway by now if Steam didn't decide to region lock everything.

Blitzhex

capturedqju5c.png

Obligatory fuck bethesda post.
300 aed = 82 usd

At this point, I don't even want to buy their games off gmg for cheap either.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery gift -- MB-740267C6713D24F7 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 14 entrants total. Trivia Question: In 2006 Hideo Kojima was producer for a famous Nintendo DS game. What's the name of the game?

t1449876820z1.png

The definitive FPS.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

8-Bit Adventures -- MB-ADD439F8FD31B659 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Amygdala -- MB-AF49A13FF530AEA8 - Taken by Purkake4

NB tip: The 60fps option could possibly be bugged. I know it was for me. It caused many issues, including some that made it nearly impossible to wall run. Just remember that if you run into any control issues.
Thanks for the tip.
It seems there was an issue with Ozium's giveaway. ELO was the answer after all (from what Ozium has told me it seems ModBot pulled the "answer" out of thin air) and TheAutomator was the first person to correctly-but-technically-incorrectly guess the answer.

Edit:
Finally ModBot turned sentient and the highest form of intelligence to boot! Jokes and mockery.

I for one welcome our new artificial overlord.
As soon as they put it on Steam sure i will play them :D

I have been playing BLOPS3 multiplayer with a controller on PC as I dont have a desk yet and I feel like it puts me at such a disadvantage. I still get 2nd place on my team usually so I guess some people just suck.

Soulflarz

Banned
guys I finished Final Fantasy 7 on PS4. All JRPGs should have a 3x speed boost mapped to a button

no, or else you run into the issue of trivializing the entire game like FF7

FF7 is trivialized when grinding takes no time at all at 3x speed and you can effectively mindlessly grind to clear the game.

Basically the faster you speed up a fixed speed battle system the more likely you are to make no one care about the battle system. See: everyone breaking bravely default and level grinding mindlessly at 4x speed.

look at any stream of people playing it or anyone retelling their souls stories, you'll find hundreds of stories of ppl shaking after finishing a boss, heart racing, being so close to ragequitting, throwing controllers and all kinds of fun shit that comes from how stressful these games are

Er, this is an exaggeration, of my 5 real life friends who have played souls, only one finds it stressful, two find it challenging, and two find it "okay difficulty" and moreso a thought puzzle.

Lots of people who play games a lot do not shake/ragequit/throw controllers. :x

Does that speed up the entire game (Soundtrack etc.) or only the animations?

Animations (it was the first thing I asked him, if it ruined the OST lol)

Flandy

Does that speed up the entire game (Soundtrack etc.) or only the animations?

Soundtrack stays the same while everything else is speed up. The in game clock still isn't effected by the 3x speed either

no, or else you run into the issue of trivializing the entire game like FF7

FF7 is trivialized when grinding takes no time at all at 3x speed and you can effectively mindlessly grind to clear the game.

Basically the faster you speed up a fixed speed battle system the more likely you are to make no one care about the battle system. See: everyone breaking bravely default and level grinding mindlessly at 4x speed.

Er, this is an exaggeration, of my 5 real life friends who have played souls, only one finds it stressful, two find it challenging, and two find it "okay difficulty" and moreso a thought puzzle.

Lots of people who play games a lot do not shake/ragequit/throw controllers. :x

Then don't use it. If you wanna take 3 times longer to do mind numbing battles then be my guest

Soulflarz

Banned
Then don't use it. If you wanna take 3 times longer to do mind numbing battles then be my guest

That's kind of what I'm getting at- you break a large amount of JRPGs if you suddenly can fight mildly underleveled enemies and roadkill them in a flash to gain tons of levels. It's why they don't let you speed up the entire game normally.

That's kind of what I'm getting at- you break a large amount of JRPGs if you suddenly can fight mildly underleveled enemies and roadkill them in a flash to gain tons of levels. It's why they don't let you speed up the entire game normally.

I spent 50 hours trying to get my characters to level 80 on FF7

I was literally half asleep on my bed just pressing the x button over and over without even looking at the screen

pls no

Soulflarz

Banned
I spent 50 hours trying to get my characters to level 80 on FF7

I was literally half asleep on my bed just pressing the x button over and over without even looking at the screen

pls no

x?
D-did they
I...is X confirm now? O.O

(and I don't mean for FF7. Meant that it's bad to apply 3x speed to every jrpg, you'd break SMT instantly)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The ELO is the most annoying enemy in a Final Fantasy, always casting Petrify. Every Turn To Stone characters.

Steam really needs to enable the option to have the steam framerate counter be active during big picture mode. I play a lot of games on my 4K TV and the steam controller is a great option for that but it's bad for tweaking because you can't have the framerate counter work during forced bpm. So you have to alt tab out and use fraps or riva or whatever.

Dead Space 2 holds up really well at 4K.

L.O.R.D

capturedqju5c.png

Obligatory fuck bethesda post.
300 aed = 82 usd

At this point, I don't even want to buy their games off gmg for cheap either.

yab , but DOOM3 BFG is cheaper
they may think we live in very wealthy country and we make tons of money so they think they gonna make us buy from them ?

anyway , there is amazon and GMG
and even there is G2A if there was no choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom