• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Is there a significant reason to get the Doom 3: BFG Edition if I already have the original and Resurrection of Evil? I don't want the same situation that DX:HR DC has. If there is a significant reason, can you use old saves on the new version?

Edit: Fuck it, it's $5 and has achievements.

Native controller and widescreen support. Plus, there is an extra expansion that is exclusive to the BFG edition
It should also come with Doom 1 and doom 2 as well, if I recall correctly

Last I heard, the update throws a wrench into some of the more beautiful mods due to the engine change.

Original is still better, the new content is a joke.

Red Hood

Banned
Screwing with people in 1v1 is beautiful :')
Or rather, sideswipe aerials feel great
eLKUVkO.gif

I need to buy this.

But knowing my luck, the moment I'm buying this, its popularity drops down significantly the next week.

zkylon

zkylewd
Er, this is an exaggeration, of my 5 real life friends who have played souls, only one finds it stressful, two find it challenging, and two find it "okay difficulty" and moreso a thought puzzle.

Lots of people who play games a lot do not shake/ragequit/throw controllers. :x
those were just the extreme examples of the stuff the game elicits in people

you don't have to have a panic attack to be stressed or tense when playing a game

the answers you keep giving are like AMNESIA WASNT SO SCARY like quality, it's not a matter of personal experience of you and your mlg friends, it's combining experiences with an appretiation of the mechanics and situations of the game and drawing a basic conclusion from it

i can't even believe i have to explain it

Just the response I expected to see. :)
it's the only correct response to a game that's CLEARLY meant for people that can't handle the real thing

Cyldman

Banned
I need to buy this.

But knowing my luck, the moment I'm buying this, its popularity drops down significantly the next week.

Rocket league is here to stay.

I had my doubts after the first week.
It still keeps a good record, and i'm talking about steam alone.

ATM it has 28,876players online and the peak was 37k.
This is on a daily basis.
This game is here to stay.

Enjoy it. Wait for a possible christmas promo and buy. Worth every cent.

Teggy

WET is pretty underrated. Sure the visuals were very PS2 looking and a few gameplay things needed ironing but it was fun.
4c951da621.gif

Kinda sucks there was no PC version.
2bcc5daa06.gif

High five! One of my favorite games of last gen.

BTW am I going to have to lock myself in a windowless room with no internet or tv to make it through the next week without Star Wars spoilers? I'm getting worried.

zkylon

zkylewd
my problem with rocket league is that i can only handle so many games that take actual effort and practice to enjoy and basically that game is the otherleague soo...

if it was like 7 bucks or something i'd buy it just to try it out but i dunno, much more than that just feels like i could use that money on games i actually gonna play for realsies

Chariot

my problem with rocket league is that i can only handle so many games that take actual effort and practice to enjoy and basically that game is the otherleague soo...
Getting insulted by the enemies for playing Illaoi is the best. Yes, yes, hate me more while I wrap you up in my tentacles.

Last I heard, the update throws a wrench into some of the more beautiful mods due to the engine change.

Original is still better, the new content is a joke.
He already mentioned that he had the original, just giving him the heads up on the differences.

Yeah mods not really working is a downer but since he has the OG game anyway I didn't bother to mention it

Soulflarz

Banned
^RL is here to stay. Buy rocket league. It's $12 in BST often.

the answers you keep giving are like AMNESIA WASNT SO SCARY like quality, it's not a matter of personal experience of you and your mlg friends, it's combining experiences with an appretiation of the mechanics and situations of the game and drawing a basic conclusion from it

My friends are normal people. And I know plenty who dont find Souls hard, chill. Stop trying to take my subjective opinion and say it's objectively wrong, it's needless.

Also, for the sake of discussion: if we're going by a collective group, I hope the average person doesn't "rage" at video games, I always thought that was an extreme exaggeration.

4K really cleans just Cause 3 up but then I can't enjoy that sweet 60 FPS+ :/

Need a second 980Ti, sigh.

I need to play the best exclusives, so if I upgraded my PC that far, it'd ruin console games for me.

That's my current justification for not spending the cash to upgrade my 7850 at this moment.

if it was like 7 bucks or something i'd buy it just to try it out but i dunno, much more than that just feels like i could use that money on games i actually gonna play for realsies

I saw some newbie gamer trying it out on youtube and they had a lot of fun, I guess if you want to win and be super good it need dedication but you can also just play for fun.

The 2.0 patch for Star Citizen is available on the live branch now. First test of the persistent universe, multi crew flight and combining the various modules.

Just to defend the consoles, Syndicate it kinda difficulty to play on 1080p + 60 FPS.

And btw, people are still calling consoles for potatoes? Isn't that what the lowlife /r/pcmasterrace is doing?
Is that right? I thought potato and toaster were both referring to low power pcs, not that potato was a console.

Anyway I really like this series on YouTube. As someone who only has a pc and no interest in console controls and most exclusives I stay curious about the progression of tech this generation.

Is that right? I thought potato and toaster were both referring to low power pcs, not that potato was a console.

Anyway I really like this series on YouTube. As someone who only has a pc and no interest in console controls and most exclusives I stay curious about the progression of tech this generation.

Yep, the potato is the low power PC they use for the tests.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't talk shit about my new main. She's pretty savage when played well. She doesn't have to conform to your skinny ideal of beauty.
you mean pretty average

My friends are normal people. And I know plenty who dont find Souls hard, chill. Stop trying to take my subjective opinion and say it's objectively wrong, it's needless.

Also, for the sake of discussion: if we're going by a collective group, I hope the average person doesn't "rage" at video games, I always thought that was an extreme exaggeration.
nah i'm just making clear you're in the minority here because u were giving me the funny eyes when i said it was a stressful game :p

mark my words witness was hl3 all along

I saw some newbie gamer trying it out on youtube and they had a lot of fun, I guess if you want to win and be super good it need dedication but you can also just play for fun.
yeah i just think playing just for fun i might bite for less money than like 14 was it?

gelf

That potato masher. Finally somewhere that tests games on a PCs comparable to mine..though they have a better GPU.

AHA-Lambda

Playing Driver San Francisco, wtf is this?? o_O

xdQ0RhR.jpg

On topic of the game however, it's another fucking open world game that requires you to do side activities to unlock story content, absolutely sick of this shit >_< (yeah, I know it's old, but I didn't know this)

iosefe

btw my trivia giveaway was originally from half a year or more ago and the answer was found like 3 posts before it and it was an experiment to see if people read turfster's posts, or even will read them for a free game.

they didn't.
Beautiful

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-B7DB72387847E03E - Taken by kevin1025. 88 entrants total.

t1449885629z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-A9A32C107262A466 - Taken by Blu(e). 86 entrants total.

t1449885749z1.png

Khronico

I thought FF13 was supposed to be rubbish? ._.

Nah.

I mean, FF13 isn't amazing but it's definitely not horrible, just flawed in a lot of ways (story is incomprehensible unless you read the ingame codex, dialogue is cringey garbage, super linear). I'm having fun playing it so far.

FF13 LR is a legit good game, full stop.

Haven't played 13-2 but I heard its good.

It is.

You thought correctly.

(._.)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Hey Pinball Steam GAF

After two (!) years of delays the Ultra Timeshock Kickstarter finally delivered something useful for PC users (the Android and iOS version got released before the PC version...inexcusable)

I just got, after uncountable delays, the first running PC version of the Timeshock remake...

have some screenshots

it runs really well (around 200FPS with max settings 1080x1920 on my 7870) and looks great... so better late than never...

using a vertical monitor is no problem... ands it's Timeshock as we know and love it...

I'm probably the first one to post about this (maybe on the whole internetz...not really), should I make a new thread? I'm to drunk to make decisions...

this should be release soon I think

Haunted

13's chapter 11 was really good.

So good I believed in the game for a second.

But yeah, mostly rubbish, and the spinoffs just made everything worse, pandering to the exact opposite part of the FF fanbase from myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom