• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Nah.

I mean, FF13 isn't amazing but it's definitely not horrible, just flawed in a lot of ways (story is incomprehensible unless you read the ingame codex, dialogue is cringey garbage, super linear). I'm having fun playing it so far.

FF13 LR is a legit good game, full stop.

In terms of gameplay?

13-2>13>LR
In terms of story?
13>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13-2=LR

13 isn't terrible. I'd give it like a 7/10 or something. It's just so mediocre compared to the gold standard of the mainline games that it's such a disappointment.

Khronico

In terms of gameplay?

13-2>13>LR
In terms of story?

13 isn't terrible. It's just so mediocre compared to the gold standard of the mainline games that it's such a disappointment.

The only final fantasy games I've played for any length of time are 13, LR, and 14

I actually really like LR but the 13 trilogy has tons of flaws.

Can we at least agree it has amazing music?

Ozium

First of all FF13 is not "rubbish" nor is it "trash" and it certainly isn't "garbage" and it's not really "junk" nor is it "detritus."

It's middling. But it has Lightning so it gets a gold star for trying.

FF13-2 is wonderful and a fun game and a nice story if you don't mind jRPG cliches and are able to understand how time and space functions, if you are a fool who does not understand time travel you will probably scratch your head.

LIGHTNING RETURNS is all about the return of the glorious goddess herself and is an ode to her spirit of individuality and being no one's slave. A must own if you value female role models in video games.

Soulflarz

Banned
First of all FF13 is not "rubbish" nor is it "trash" and it certainly isn't "garbage" and it's not really "junk" nor is it "detritus."

This is where I avatar quote you, isn't it :V

The only final fantasy games I've played for any length of time are 13, LR, and 14

Can we at least agree it has amazing music?

1) Play the other 3D FF games. And 6, people like 6 :V
2) The OST is good but compared to other FF games it's still got nothing on them.

Khronico

This is where I avatar quote you, isn't it :V

1) Play the other 3D FF games. And 6, people like 6 :V
2) The OST is good but compared to other FF games it's still got nothing on them.

I didn't enjoy 7-9 and I have no interest in X.

I'll probably end up getting X-2 sometime down the line for vita.

I DO really want to play 12 tho, hopefully that HD thing is real and it comes out.

Ozium

Oh don't worry I have no interest in garbage video games but I imagine that's why people are excited, get to play a game they wouldn't normally spend money that's the "new" hotness on Steam.

u fukkin wot m8?

i want to play it I liked 13-2 and played the demo on ps3 but didnt get it right away and then decided to wait for steam

stop bullying or i'll get me mum

rtcn63

The biggest problem with FF13 for me is that it takes too long to get going. I never made it past the early hours because of how dull it was. The combat seemed so... disconnect from the player. You let your party attack, and when the enemy gives the cue to defend, you switch to defensive gambit-thingy. Watch and repeat ad naseum. I put more hours into FF12, and I disliked that game.

I need to play the best exclusives, so if I upgraded my PC that far, it'd ruin console games for me.

That's my current justification for not spending the cash to upgrade my 7850 at this moment.
It's always a bummer going back to console games but I deal with it. Playing Yakuza 5 right now at 720P with godawful IQ and it's still a grand game. Just got to deal with it and ignore the fact that it'd be so much better on PC.

AHA-Lambda

u fukkin wot m8?

i want to play it I liked 13-2 and played the demo on ps3 but didnt get it right away and then decided to wait for steam

stop bullying or i'll get me mum

57472556.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

It's middling. But it has Lightning so it gets a gold star for trying.

FF13-2 is wonderful and a fun game and a nice story if you don't mind jRPG cliches and are able to understand how time and space functions, if you are a fool who does not understand time travel you will probably scratch your head.

LIGHTNING RETURNS is all about the return of the glorious goddess herself and is an ode to her spirit of individuality and being no one's slave. A must own if you value female role models in video games.

You could purchase DoA5 for female role models in video games.

GaussTek

In terms of gameplay?

13-2>13>LR
In terms of story?

13 isn't terrible. I'd give it like a 7/10 or something. It's just so mediocre compared to the gold standard of the mainline games that it's such a disappointment.

I agree with this. Story-wise, sequels were absolutely not necessary (IMHO), but they fixed some other issues from the first game. So, they are still overall great games. I have yet to play LR, but I've enjoyed a lot XIII and XIII-2.

Eila

Alienware stream still rigged, I see.
j/k but it will be harder to win than ever if some of those Angry Joe fans come back.

Ditched FFXIII at chapter 11 and watched the story recap on youtube instead, didn't regret it at all. What's with that crazy shit story lol. I can finally play XIII-2 which is supposed to be the better version of the first game. Gonna pick LR up later.

Jawmuncher

Ditched FFXIII at chapter 11 and watched the story recap on youtube instead, didn't regret it at all. What's with that crazy shit story lol. I can finally play XIII-2 which is supposed to be the better version of the first game. Gonna pick LR up later.

Story was probably the biggest issue I had with FF13 and 13-2. 13 is just dumb, and 13-2 goes even further with it. I hear LR at least just has fun with it since it knows there's no saving it,.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno why anyone would post a downsampled picture.

like, i can understand a super high settings screen with like all the bestest mods and shader injections and crap, but downsampling is just the game with less aliasing, who cares :p

~Kinggi~

Banned
I really do hope the FF X-X2 leak is real and its coming. That would be amazing. And one day i will play through all 3 FF13 games and enjoy it if it kills me cause reasons.

Oh and yeah, can anyone give me info on what the replayability of Xrd is like for someone that mainly plays single player? Game looks great but i am undecided if i get it now or wait for a months sale or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom