• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I just got to chapter 8 in FF13 and I'm having a blast playing it!

Though goddamn I suck at using sentinels and synergists.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Did some downsampling of Xrd from 5760x3240. I even get 60fps during this. I think I should go even higher really.

Here's the album. I'll only post one pic cause they're freaking huge.

Some people will use Crysis or Witcher 3 as an example of how PC can offer you a better experience.

I will just show them these.

EDIT: Wait, JPG compression? IS THAT YOUR BEST, I DON'T THINK SO.

I really do hope the FF X-X2 leak is real and its coming. That would be amazing. And one day i will play through all 3 FF13 games and enjoy it if it kills me cause reasons.

Oh and yeah, can anyone give me info on what the replayability of Xrd is like for someone that mainly plays single player? Game looks great but i am undecided if i get it now or wait for a months sale or whatever.

don't worry it's real

But the question is are they going to be half-assed ports (again)?

Square should seriously have eidos handle their pc ports they always screw something up

Uzzy

Some people will use Crysis or Witcher 3 as an example of how PC can offer you a better experience.

I will just show them these.

EDIT: Wait, JPG compression? IS THAT YOUR BEST, I DON'T THINK SO.

I saw that and was disappointed. I need to beat imgur to death now, or find something better. Suggestions while I go higher on Xrd pls.

don't worry it's real

Square should seriously have eidos handle their pc ports they always screw something up

I never understood why they seem to let Japanese port the games instead of contracting/outsourcing the port to another western studio with a better track record of PC ports. That should even be cheaper...

Edit:
Yeah. Minecraft VN whatever on GL.

32A21D90DC0F3A4855AD8B6B7FD1569D3D784B28

Vamphuntr

don't worry it's real

Going forward the ports shouldn't be a problem anymore since they adopted Unreal Engine 4. The main issue is probably their own proprietary engine they've used. Eidos wouldn't probably know much to do better with them.

That potato masher. Finally somewhere that tests games on a PCs comparable to mine..though they have a better GPU.
To my surprisal, it's "only" a 760 and it still gets almost all "newgen" (when is it ok not to call them newgen anymore?) games at 1080p/60fps with higher quality settings than consoles. Pretty powerful stuff. If there had been a 960Ti, I'd have jumped on that.
Then why is half this thread so excited for a shite game beyond the usual anime waifu weeaboo bullshit?
Very high expectations or better "hype" leads to even good but flawed games being stamped as "garbage/shit" sadly. If you stay realistic and don't get too caught in hype culture, I believe FFXIII can be judged better and enjoyment can be had.

On your question, I'm interested in playing FFXIII trilogy, now that it is completely available on PC but I haven't entered for the giveaways. Waiting for a good deal on all three.
Did some downsampling of Xrd from 5760x3240. I even get 60fps during this. I think I should go even higher really.

Here's the album. I'll only post one pic cause they're freaking huge.
Oooh so pretty, Oooh so gorgeous.

Like I said earlier, I'd be all over a GG Xrd themed action brawler.
Hey Pinball Steam GAF

After two (!) years of delays the Ultra Timeshock Kickstarter finally delivered something useful for PC users (the Android and iOS version got released before the PC version...inexcusable)

I just got, after uncountable delays, the first running PC version of the Timeshock remake...

have some screenshots

it runs really well (around 200FPS with max settings 1080x1920 on my 7870) and looks great... so better late than never...

using a vertical monitor is no problem... ands it's Timeshock as we know and love it...

I'm probably the first one to post about this (maybe on the whole internetz...not really), should I make a new thread? I'm to drunk to make decisions...

this should be release soon I think
Not my intention to make you jelly but I got this little gem on my Win8.1 :)
T'was a bit of work but worth the nostalgia alone :)

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rooks Keep -- MB-F903D54526FE5047 - Taken by Freezard

has cards

Blu(e)

I really do hope the FF X-X2 leak is real and its coming. That would be amazing. And one day i will play through all 3 FF13 games and enjoy it if it kills me cause reasons.

Oh and yeah, can anyone give me info on what the replayability of Xrd is like for someone that mainly plays single player? Game looks great but i am undecided if i get it now or wait for a months sale or whatever.

There's a standard arcade mode (fight 8 people --> end credits), a story mode that's about five hours long, and M.O.M mode that's a survival mode in which you can earn medals for your character to give them slight bonuses while fighting other characters with their own bonuses (Plus defense, cannot move, weak to poison).

Freezard

Leftover from bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freezard, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-14F3C502CC7F97A4 - Taken by Htown

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it's that time of year again where i install a bunch of games on my laptop before i go on vacation and play mini metro for 15 minutes on the plane and don't touch the rest of the games the whole time!

Jawmuncher

I do the same thing when I travel as well. "I gotta get ready for this trip!". Just end up sleeping the entire time on the plane.

it's that time of year again where i install a bunch of games on my laptop before i go on vacation and play mini metro for 15 minutes on the plane and don't touch the rest of the games the whole time!
What i did last time i went on a plane was put like 8 movies and a bunch of manga on my tablet. I had my vita with me incase i wanted to game but i know myself, i wouldnt play it. I like to lay down on a bed when i play my handhelds.

I think I just lost all my recent Witcher 2 saves.

So the Witcher 2 and its predecessor the Witcher have this brillant mechanic where there are no rolling autosaves. So everytime the game autosaves a new file is created. Which is great when you want over a gig of save files you will never use.

But apparently the engine doesn't like that and the game will start crashing out when you try and reload after you have 800 or so saves floating around. And if fills up your Steam Cloud allotment as well.

So I disabled Cloud and deleted the oldest saves and went about my merry way. And since the game was actually stable I was able to get to Chapter 3. And then I quit and came back and the latest save is the last one before I disabled the cloud which is like 2/3 into Chapter 2. And the non-cloud savefile location is empty.

So I have been saving games for like 5 hours that either went into the void or are hidden somewhere. I feel like Youtubing this shit.

Soulflarz

Banned
LiS chapter 3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

or
in more spoilery words
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Star Citizen is so crazy, some random dude at the station port caught a ride in my ship as I was taking off(he was hiding in my ship's bed) and then jumped out the back as I was going into hyper drive and I saw him fly off into oblivion.

Dsyndrome

Backed Psychonauts 2 for $150, don't know if it's because I trust and want them to do well or if it's the Friday beverages guiding me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay here's my "Games I Will* Play on Vacation" list (* won't)

Mini Metro
Cinders
Contradiction Spot the Liar (have about 30 minutes left of this)
Lisa
Broken Age

I fully expect I will play 15 minutes of Mini Metro and that's it

Dsyndrome

Do I get a Twilight Princess type game without Wii-mote requirements and does it have achievements?
Played some of the BFG Doom 1 and 2 games, they look better than I would've expected. Definitely not anything groundbreaking, but definitely up-res'd. May actually push through them once again for old time's sake.
Okay here's my "Games I Will* Play on Vacation" list (* won't)

Mini Metro
Cinders
Contradiction Spot the Liar (have about 30 minutes left of this)
Lisa
Broken Age

I fully expect I will play 15 minutes of Mini Metro and that's it
You've been talking about Contradiction for months now and still haven't played it? Get on that!
Fig.co? What is this?
Yes, Fig.co; I don't care about the return on investment part of it, it's essentially their own Kickstarter thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom