• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

It only gets better. (Believe it.)

I've been playing it pretty straight for the most part, but I definitely
stole Athena's shield
(eps 2), but I am loving the dialogue. I really enjoy how they use hyperbole for their side of the story, or when Fiona makes fun of Rhys and Vaughn bro'ing out. Think I'll tackle episode 3 tomorrow.

Teggy

Hey I played Thi4f on Steam but in a few days it is coming out on games with gold and I am totally playing it again for achievements.
And to annoy Turfster

Hey I played Thi4f on Steam but in a few days it is coming out on games with gold and I am totally playing it again for achievements.
And to annoy Turfster

I really am kinda sad to see that actually small design decisions destroyed Thi4f. I remember the intro scene and how gorgeous it looked. The first mission was cool.

Then you are thrown into the hub world, that still has 3 or 4 seperate maps and everything looks the same and the leveldesign of that hub was the worst I encountered.

Khronico

What in the world. I log back into steam after a bit and all my categories are erased.

Ok... froze for a solid several minutes and it just reverted back to normal. Weird.

This isn't 100% off. BundleStars pls. :V

9O6zbtQ.png

I really am kinda sad to see that actually small design decisions destroyed Thi4f. I remember the intro scene and how gorgeous it looked. The first mission was cool.

Then you are thrown into the hub world, that still has 3 or 4 seperate maps and everything looks the same and the leveldesign of that hub was the worst I encountered.

Best as I can tell (having not played it yet, and I won't until I get a better rig), it's the byproduct of at least three completely different versions of the game. The early third-person Assassin's Creed-esque game they prototyped (as shown in early screens), whatever version they had when Stephen Russell and the original creative director were still in place, and the version they had before they threw in all the stealth sequel references.

It's an absolute clusterfuck in every sense of the word, which is why I'm still interested in playing it.

accel

Coinplay has revealed the final game of their Mystery Holiday Bundle.

This was supposed to be like the Mystery Bundles from Indie Royale (remember them?) and it pretty much lived up to that expectation. Some good games mixed with bad ones, and most of them bundled several times before.

I bought it for $3 and feel I got a decent value on it. I got seven games that I didn't already have and only one of them, AoF World online, looks to be an unplayable turd.

I would be willing to buy another bundle from Coinplay in the future (just hope they can dodge the crap-tier games like AoF World).

Same here, I think the bundle was pretty good, would buy more in the future.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Rooks Keep -- MB-8E5F0A197F86A3EE - Taken by Belgarion

Have fun.

Khronico

I have a plot question for those of you who have played FF13:

Why do the fal'Cie not tell the l'Cie what their focus is? Don't they want the l'Cie to complete it? It seems counter intuitive.

Soulflarz

Banned
I have a plot question for those of you who have played FF13:

Why do the fal'Cie not tell the l'Cie what their focus is? Don't they want the l'Cie to complete it? It seems counter intuitive.

They imply it

The real reason? Because the contrived plot demanded it. It just is so in this world. It's really stupid.

Teggy

Gross?

g
r
o
s
s

Why do you hate yourself.

I really liked the game but I also didn't come in to it with Thief baggage. I'm going to play it with lots of the modifiers on this time.

Khronico

They imply it

The real reason? Because the contrived plot demanded it. It just is so in this world. It's really stupid.

I guess it was folly to hope for a solid explanation as to why.

On a related note, steam also decided that some of my installed games aren't actually installed now, including FF13. I'm gonna have to redownload all 30-40gb of it so I can keep playing. Thanks steam!

Sober

Picked up Tales from the Borderlands on the last sale and definitely enjoying it. Just completed episode 2.
Probably top 3 Telltale game, just finished it off today.

I started the TT Game of Thrones, and I think it's pretty good for the most part. Just feels like there's a bit less polish sometimes whereas Borderlands had so few, so I can see why people might be down on it a bit. The watercolourish look they're going for is fine but I really dislike the sometimes weird background effect which gives some scenes a weird look sometimes.

I think if you're fatigued on Game of Thrones-isms it also might not help too much but I think it's an interesting game overall that you shouldn't completely write it off.

dex3108

It took me more than 30 hours to finish Thief with 700 points of difficulty level. And I did all playthrough without any kills and with only one accidental knock down (that is why I missed that achievement). I enjoyed playing it no matter what other people say.

Probably top 3 Telltale game, just finished it off today.

I started the TT Game of Thrones, and I think it's pretty good for the most part. Just feels like there's a bit less polish sometimes whereas Borderlands had so few, so I can see why people might be down on it a bit. The watercolourish look they're going for is fine but I really dislike the sometimes weird background effect which gives some scenes a weird look sometimes.

I think if you're fatigued on Game of Thrones-isms it also might not help too much but I think it's an interesting game overall that you shouldn't completely write it off.

Unlike Tales From the Borderlands, GoT is all downhill after Ep 1. (I haven't actually finished Ep 5, but I doubt it will change anything.)

Games of Thrones: The Expected Journey

Soulflarz

Banned
did randoms for 2v2

fml

fml so much
down into the mid high 300s (375?)

The issue? This is my average game at the moment.

i literally cannot do anything about this. I'm +1200 on my damn teammate since no one can aerial at this low level.

Haroon

I'm itching to install my new to me 770 but my better half booked four social events this weekend. Bah. (Insult the SO, I will cut you)

Me too. I booked like five social events this weekend, and got no time to install my three 980 TI's because of it.

lol...

Intel

List of vita games to buy.

- Persona 4 Golden
- Ys: Memories of Celceta
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva F & F2
- Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
- Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
- Disgaea 4
- Danganronpa
- Demon Gaze
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - SOON

Can you guys help me understand a little more about steam gifting policies? I've a friend from Malaysia and I know the trading will have region locked games but what about gifting?

Sober

Unlike Tales From the Borderlands, GoT is all downhill after Ep 1. (I haven't actually finished Ep 5, but I doubt it will change anything.)

Games of Thrones: The Expected Journey
I finished episode 2 but I didn't feel a big drop in quality from the first episode other than the same level of meh polish. That and your tolerance for Game-of-Thrones-isms.

I think going into it just expect you're kinda playing around in its own bubble and the point isn't to somehow change the plot or the world since the game is basically based off the HBO version anyway with events that already happened and you're also playing like really obscure characters that basically don't exist except as a footnote to the main thing. It's more of a character story at this point so it's easier to run with certain things and I think that's fine; if anything I prefer this kind of thing.

The game from the 2 episodes I played captures the spirit of the show very well but in the same instance since it takes place in more or less its own bubble and it takes place during season 4 of the show it also falls into the same traps the show does as well in many similar regards.

Ozium

why is it sometimes g2a is scum of the earth but sometimes like a few days ago it's omg this game got taken off steam thank god for g2a

?

try to be consistent fam

Soulflarz

Banned
why is it sometimes g2a is scum of the earth but sometimes like a few days ago it's omg this game got taken off steam thank god for g2a

?

try to be consistent fam

G2A is the scum of the earth
if the scum of the earth is providing you with something you cannot get otherwise, do you really care where you got it from?

Thats the logic used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom