• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What series of events led to this conclusion?
VZ2M4xH.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can you guys help me understand a little more about steam gifting policies? I've a friend from Malaysia and I know the trading will have region locked games but what about gifting?

Q: Speaking of gifts, what are the regions wherein such purchases have restrictions?
A: Put simply, gifts purchased in Asia, Central/South America, Eastern Europe, South-east Asia, the Middle East, China, India, South Africa and Turkey (click the links for specific countries) can only be redeemed by users in the respective regions (e.g. a gift purchased in Eastern Europe is only of use to someone else in Eastern Europe). Steam makes no secret of this during checkout, though, so it's virtually impossible to accidentally send someone a region-locked gift.

Just to make it abundantly clear, it is possible to freely exchange gifts within each respective region (e.g. someone in Argentina is perfectly capable of redeeming a gift purchased in Brazil as both countries are part of the Central/South America classification) and users outside of these regions are free to send unrestricted gifts to users within them (e.g. someone in Russia is perfectly capable of redeeming a gift purchased in the US, but not the other way around).

Soulflarz

Banned
Ah, I thought it was from a website. I'm not much into the trading scene, so I don't know if it's the usual trading price.

well its in codes with PCs
So
Yeah, look around. If I remember, I'll try to PM you or at least ask in the thread who you were if I see a code soon.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've always run games, especially PC games, to lower specs to confirm to my hardware, so graphics are a poor indicator of what that means. Bioshock and similar Unreal engines looked great on less than optimal hardware.

Judging PC graphics is a lot trickier than consoles, in which you are limited by hardware.

drakaenae

I'm pretty sure all keys should work, but no guarantees
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Sumo Revise -- MB-104FADA6DB150925 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Break Into Zatwor -- MB-2CC5F528EE139A4A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Shadows on the Vatican Act I Greed -- MB-C2D1A8B65C3E18C0 - Taken by Jason Frost
BlackShadows -- MB-655791CD70AA10F4 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Time Ramesside(may not work) -- MB-508C7AC0266A331A - Taken by PunishedSnake
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-3B2FBF953B3938ED - Taken by Loptous
Naninights -- MB-5DC98EFE5C2FDF16 - Taken by Diedac
Pilot Crusader -- MB-DB2361688994429E - Taken by Jalal
Tompi Jones -- MB-23093BC00588919C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Thanks for the answer JaseC, I'm really disappointed by this new development, steam should not restrict gifting, I understand issues with trading but a gift from or to a friend should not be restricted. Oh well, there is always other website to buy games from.

Hektor

We are posting gametime lists again?

please don't hate me for #6. i was young and naive.

Persona 4 Golden adds a bit where if you've been sleeping with all the girls it makes you feel like a terrible person by making it obvious that they know and you get huge, multiple minute long conversations about how you've hurt them. Hilarious.

I really dislike easter eggs such as this, so much work put into content that no one will ever see as no one is disgusting enough to cheat the folks of P4 so people who want to see that have to read up on it on the internet, like you.

...you did read that on the internet, didn't you?

I like how Marie ties into the overall narrative though. And she has the best dungeon in the game that I hope will get used in Persona 5.

LjxHHMe.gif

Buying Vita games will get you put on a list.

The cool people list?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Any good games about being a doctor on Steam? Preferably something that would be interesting for one person to play and another to watch.

Tektonic

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xxPVMYM.png

mystery game #3 -- MB-03A61AAFCA5975B2 - Taken by Messiah
mystery game #2 -- MB-26E8DEA56F1E779B - Taken by Jalal - Taken by kurahador
mystery game -- MB-C68317990A0EDEFE - Taken by MaxiLive

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-26E8DEA56F1E779B - Taken by Jalal

KenOD

Eh. Why not.

A poop game in a garbage giveaway.

Does anybody know how much the devs have made from people giving this as a joke gift? It has to be a minor success at this point.

By SteamGAF law, you are required to try and beat it.

Also enough to buy at least a small Volkswagen.

KenOD

Ah, but I don't own it. I can't do it until I win Bad Rats in a raffle
and only in a raffle

zkylon

zkylewd
after all this waiting for no spider mods for pillars of eternity and whining and crying and whatever and even tho i kind of gave up on the game earlier today, i suddenly felt like giving it one last shot anyways, watched a few videos to know what i was up against and just started it

so far i've ran onto some white spiders that are pretty harmless for my weak brain and some dark ones that are a bit worse but nothing unmanageable, so that's kind of great

and i've been playing the actual game and holy shit i love this game so much already. i mean, the combat is kind of dreadful like in any rtwp game, but it's fun enough and i just love the setting, the exploring, the talking to people in a town for quests and seeing them unfold in surprising ways, just having regularly like 6 or 7 dialogue options to choose from, everything feels just so right. i also really like how inventory management seems super painless so far, as well as other additions like building up a bestiary and the way resting and health works, etc.

it really feels like a game from that era but not in that clunky way of literally a game from that era that wasteland 2 was, it feels like it learned and evolved and still managed to stay true to those amazing old games

like seriously

obs get that fallout license and make a game like this

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Pachimari

Namco Bandai said they were interested and I am pretty sure Harada liked the idea as well.

However Tekken 7 won't be out on PC next year and I doubt within the same 6 months as consoles.

Harada always says he is interested in PC and then goes on not to port it to PC. And Harada-san says a lot of stupid stuff at times. I wouldn't take his word on anything, and I'm a big fan of both Tekken and him.

Also, how can I get Tera for Steam?

S1n1st3r

Banned
A question about gamepads.

Are MS "x360 for pc" or whatever pads the only ones that use xinput? or do 3rd party ones use xinput now as well?

What does steam controller use?

I ask this because all my old directinput pads are a pain in the ass to use with modern OSs and modern games. I can never get them to work right.

So I was thinking about getting a knockoff chinese 360 pad. If they use xinput it should play nice with modern games, no?

Are MS "x360 for pc" or whatever pads the only ones that use xinput? or do 3rd party ones use xinput now as well?

I ask this because all my old directinput pads are a pain in the ass to use with modern OSs and modern games. I can never get them to work right.

So I was thinking about getting a knockoff chinese 360 pad. If they use xinput it should play nice with modern games, no?

Some Logitech pads are x-input, that's all I know.
Not sure about Razer, Steelseries, etc though.

Sch1sm

Steam controller is recognised as xinput, but it isn't truly, iirc. SteelSeries Stratus XL is one I remember off the top of my head, and it's bluetooth. It's 3gc was Direct Input, but they picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom