• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

after all this waiting for no spider mods for pillars of eternity and whining and crying and whatever and even tho i kind of gave up on the game earlier today, i suddenly felt like giving it one last shot anyways, watched a few videos to know what i was up against and just started it

so far i've ran onto some white spiders that are pretty harmless for my weak brain and some dark ones that are a bit worse but nothing unmanageable, so that's kind of great

and i've been playing the actual game and holy shit i love this game so much already. i mean, the combat is kind of dreadful like in any rtwp game, but it's fun enough and i just love the setting, the exploring, the talking to people in a town for quests and seeing them unfold in surprising ways, just having regularly like 6 or 7 dialogue options to choose from, everything feels just so right. i also really like how inventory management seems super painless so far, as well as other additions like building up a bestiary and the way resting and health works, etc.

it really feels like a game from that era but not in that clunky way of literally a game from that era that wasteland 2 was, it feels like it learned and evolved and still managed to stay true to those amazing old games

like seriously

obs get that fallout license and make a game like this

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Only part that may trigger you is the Spider Queen in Level 1 of the Endless Paths, even then, the fight's over pretty quickly with a full party at Level 5.

zkylon

zkylewd
Only part that may trigger you is the Spider Queen in Level 1 of the Endless Paths, even then, the fight's over pretty quickly with a full party at Level 5.
yea i watched the video, wasn't too bad

the worst for me are the ones that like rappel from the ceiling like they showed on the trailers

i dunno if that's in the final game, but that was pretty bad, although i got jump surprised by the spiders in the trailer which is a big deal too

The top-left "1" cannot have it's left-most cell filled, so you can mark that one out. Same with the "1' at the bottom. The cell filled in (blue) would have to be one of the two on the left, so you can mark out the other three.

I'm not looking for solutions but the tools needed to do this shit without making mistakes. Surprisingly Google can't find Hexcell tips. Fuck the levels that start out entirely yellow.

Is there a phony Will Smith to replace Will Smith since Will Smith won't Smith in this new film?

Of course there is

2782245-2588930417-18853.png

Deitus

So about how long does Squarecells take to beat? 36 puzzles doesn't really sound like a lot, but I guess it depends on how many of them are short tutorial levels, and how difficult the actual hard puzzles are. If it's as short and simple as the first Hexcells, the discount in the holiday sale probably won't be much, so I'll just wait until summer.

Amazing comics as always, WinterDemons.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol didn't see those comics

hilarious

So about how long does Squarecells take to beat? 36 puzzles doesn't really sound like a lot, but I guess it depends on how many of them are short tutorial levels, and how difficult the actual hard puzzles are. If it's as short and simple as the first Hexcells, the discount in the holiday sale probably won't be much, so I'll just wait until summer.

depends on ur brainpower

i got 11 hours out of it

Deitus

depends on ur brainpower

i got 11 hours out of it

11 hours sounds pretty good actually. Looking at my playtimes for the Hexcells games, I got 2 hours out of the first game, 90 minutes out of Plus (not sure why this one was less playtime than the first, because it was clearly harder), and 15 hours out of Infinite (though at least half of that was from the randomly generated puzzles).

So, not counting the random puzzles, that sounds at least as long as the three Hexcells games combined.

Lightning sporting a Red Mage outfit with glasses is causing much thirst among the women of the capital city.

And my actions have already
damned a child's soul

dex3108

Bloodborne on amazon 20$ physical nice, checks digital version still 40$. I sometimes wonder how the hell digital sales are rising on consoles whit that price difference.

Hektor

Bloodborne on amazon 20$ physical nice, checks digital version still 40$. I sometimes wonder how the hell digital sales are rising on consoles whit that price difference.

Whenever you buy games cheap you are doing that on the cost of the gamedevs sick and starving children, remember that you entitled pirate.

zkylon

zkylewd
11 hours sounds pretty good actually. Looking at my playtimes for the Hexcells games, I got 2 hours out of the first game, 90 minutes out of Plus (not sure why this one was less playtime than the first, because it was clearly harder), and 15 hours out of Infinite (though at least half of that was from the randomly generated puzzles).

So, not counting the random puzzles, that sounds at least as long as the three Hexcells games combined.

well i have 5 hours on hexcells 1 and then 17 on plus (lol i hope that was me leaving it open while i was out) and 19 on infinite (also random puzzles)

so you know, maybe divide by half or something since u seem to be twice as smart as me. it's still a good chunk of game

XShagrath

I'm not looking for solutions but the tools needed to do this shit without making mistakes. Surprisingly Google can't find Hexcell tips. Fuck the levels that start out entirely yellow.
Sorry. I didn't think I was giving an entire solution, but just one of the things you can do to eliminate cells that you know for a fact are not blue.

Deitus

Probably because a huge percentage of console sales are day one anyway. But yeah, it's kind of insane how digital prices are always so much higher than physical on consoles. It's even worse on the Nintendo side of things.

well i have 5 hours on hexcells 1 and then 17 on plus (lol i hope that was me leaving it open while i was out) and 19 on infinite (also random puzzles)

so you know, maybe divide by half or something since u seem to be twice as smart as me. it's still a good chunk of game

Hah, fair enough. Still, as you say, it sounds like a good chunk of game. I'll probably pick it up if it goes on sale during the holiday sale.

And it is done. The last tail weapon I was missing.

Since Gwyn is pretty easy, I can say I'm basically done with NG+. Will get the slab in Crystal Cave and trade a couple things with the bird and then finish off properly. This time I'll go with the good ending.
Ghost in the Shell: First Assault: 11 Minutes of Gameplay - IGN First

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klmGk1CyYyM
The first GitS movie is sooo good. Man, iconic movie for me. Second was also good but weirder.
Sadly what I watched of the game there doesn't give me the same feelings of the movies, the tone, atmosphere.
I never got around watching the old Stand Alone Complex series, so maybe that will scratch that old itch.
Hahaha

dex3108

Probably because a huge percentage of console sales are day one anyway. But yeah, it's kind of insane how digital prices are always so much higher than physical on consoles. It's even worse on the Nintendo side of things.

I just don't get it. Sony/Ms/Nintendo get more from digital copy, there is no chance that buyer will sell it later and distribution is way easier. And still for console owner it is still cheaper to go to store an buy disk. I really don;t understand how every quarter publishers are reporting more and more digital sales on consoles.

Deitus

And it is done. The last tail weapon I was missing.

Since Gwyn is pretty easy, I can say I'm basically done with NG+. Will get the slab in Crystal Cave and trade a couple things with the bird and then finish off properly. This time I'll go with the good ending.

Congrats Veggie! Kalameet's tail cut was the hardest challenge in the game (for me at least), so now you can say that you've thoroughly conquered Dark Souls.

A

Hahaha

Out of curiosity which do you consider the good ending? To me both of them have pros and cons.

Ludens

Banned
Out of curiosity which do you consider the good ending? To me both of them have pros and cons.

As explained in DS2
they are pretty much the same thing. You have no control on what will happen eventually, and both ending will lead into another circle on life-death in DS2.

As explained in DS2
they are pretty much the same thing. You have no control on what will happen eventually, and both ending will lead into another circle on life-death in DS2.

Yeah I know but i wouldn't see that as a good ending but then I wouldn't see the other one as good either. So I was wonder which way he saw it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yep, Lego Jurassic World has DX11 support and looks quite stellar downsampled from 4K on my plasma. Gonna play both this and Lego SW Clone Wars with my Steam controller to round out my Lego game completions.

I just finished FEAR 1. Amazing shooter, slow mo is cool as fuck, my biggest complain is that, like most single player shooters, the last level is pretty shit lol.

Also the "horror" part was pretty weak, in fact, almost absent in the mid-game.

They're pretty fun, but there are so many of them nowdays that i stopped caring completerly.

Last one i played was Indiana Jones.

They are fun, but nowadays you should just get the game about the IP it is using.

The first LEGO Star Wars was magical, really fun and it made me actually like Star Wars. Afterwards most games are about the same, the formula works, but it gets tiring.

I've only played Lego the Movie: The Interactive Video Game for the Playstation Vita TV™ but man was that a miserable experience. (And I completed it ohgawd)

That's time I'll never get back. I would hella rewind if I could.
I feel like Lego games are about the most tedious thing in the world

They're also surprisingly obtuse. In this era of "do [stuff] to proceed" prompts littering the screen, LEGO games will have none of that... Well, I mean, they'll have objectives but nothing more. You either know exactly how to proceed or you're wandering around because, heck, who can tell what's traversable in that weird perspective. All this, without getting into character-specific shenanigans.

It's like a clicker made into a legitimate game.

Hm, since everything is so dark in Dark Souls, you're kind of right. To me lighting the fire is the good ending since that is what Frampt advises. Going the dark way of the Kaathe is the bad ending to me.

MUnited83

For you.
I've only played Lego the Movie: The Interactive Video Game for the Playstation Vita TV™ but man was that a miserable experience. (And I completed it ohgawd)

That's time I'll never get back. I would hella rewind if I could.

They're also surprisingly obtuse. In this era of "do [stuff] to proceed" prompts littering the screen, LEGO games will have none of that... Well, I mean, they'll have objectives but nothing more. You either know exactly how to proceed or you're wandering around because, heck, who can tell what's traversable in that weird perspective. All this, without getting into character-specific shenanigans.

It's like a clicker made into a legitimate game.

The handheld versions have been pretty bad for quite a while and have nothing to do with the other versions, which have been pretty good for a while. My favorite one is LOTR.

cyba89

I did not like it when LEGO games went to open-world. Just let me choose the level I want to play in a small hub like in LEGO Star Wars.
I also think these games lost a lot of its humor since they introduced voice-acting. I recently played LEGO Hobbit and that just felt like a exact retelling of the films with Lego visuals and very little jokes.

I still enjoy these games.

Hm, gonna be honest. That Devil's Third extreme trailer looks dope. Since only the singleplayer portion is of interest to me, I can't wait till WiiU emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom