• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
IIRC you can dodge...left? Right? One direction is safe to dodge the entire fight unless he does one attack which is a dodge back, it was a pathetic fight.

Yeah, basically. You can also spend the entire fight baiting his thrust attack that is easily parryable and just go to town lol

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That Japanese games on steam 2 steps forward one step backward is one of those threads I just want to stop posting in but can't.

MUnited83

For you.
That Japanese games on steam 2 steps forward one step backward is one of those threads I just want to stop posting in but can't.

If I ever make a game and it sells like >20K and I call it a success, I'm sure some of the guys in that thread will tell me it's not actually a success because some indie games on Steam sold several millions.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
If I ever make a game and it sells like >20K and I call it a success, I'm sure some of the guys in that thread will tell me it's not actually a success because some indie games on Steam sold several millions.
Haha yeah.

Like seriously saying that if danganronpa on steam doesn't sell 200k then it's a disappointment.

KingKong

just think, can you really call yourself a success if you have never outbid Jay Z on a 70 million dollar house with a candy room

Deitus

It's this weird recent line of thinking that if a game sells less than a million dollars, it's a total failure.

I remember Atlus USA celebrating when Catherine sold 200k across two platforms. But somehow smaller Japanese developers shouldn't be happy with 200k on a single platform because reasons.

Who wants to play Armored Core Verdict Day in P
S3
with me.

Went to check, Evil Within is 59 GB, kudos to the guys at CDPR for knowing how to make a beautiful game and not have the download file be overbloated
The Witcher 3's general texture quality is actually really bad outside of armors, it's the lighting that makes it look as good as it does. Evil Within is 64 GBs with dlc :3

Steamspy doing more harm than good

Its not. Just it seems some people expect console-like sales on Steam for console-like games while ignoring that maybe the people who bought "japanese game xyz" played it already on console or thinks that all the people who like JRPGs only have a PC...

Each time I try to play Vermintide I don't find a single online game, and I'm forced to play with bots. And the AI is horrible. Always getting stuck somewhere and not even caring when the player needs help, they just do their own business and let you die. Not to mention I don't really enjoy it that much in general. It's a slower paced L4D2 with a focus on melee, which gets repetitive quickly since it doesn't seem very deep (and you're stuck with the same weapons for the rest of that game too).

Will probably uninstall it when I'll need space for other games.

Deitus

Don't know why but even with selecting the most feminine voice in DKSII: Sins..it sounds like a man after finalizing >.>

Probably because you start out hollow. When you are hollowed, a vocal filter is applied to your voice, that makes it much deeper.

MUnited83

For you.
Each time I try to play Vermintide I don't find a single online game, and I'm forced to play with bots. And the AI is horrible. Always getting stuck somewhere and not even caring when the player needs help, they just do their own business and let you die. Not to mention I don't really enjoy it that much in general. It's a slower paced L4D2 with a focus on melee, which gets repetitive quickly since it doesn't seem very deep (and you're stuck with the same weapons for the rest of that game too).

Will probably uninstall it when I'll need space for other games.
Use the server browser and make sure to search worlwide.

FLD

Not really, but its really annoying how people misinterpret the data and are quickly to call everything ever a flop just because.

To be honest, it was kind of shocking at first to realize how low some of the numbers actually are. Considering the insane install base Valve kept boasting about, I would've expected them to be higher in a lot of cases.

FLD

not here too pls

Lol. Don't worry, I'm not making any kind of argument like in that thread. Just pointing out how surprising the numbers were initially. I realize that not every game needs to sell the same amount to be considered successful and I've since adjusted my expectations when it comes sales performances on Steam, especially for niche games.

Nyoro SF

Lol. Don't worry, I'm not making any kind of argument like in that thread. Just pointing out how surprising the numbers were initially. I realize that not every game needs to sell the same amount to be considered successful and I've since adjusted my expectations when it comes sales performances on Steam, especially for niche games.

I think what happened was, strong initial demand for Japanese games in Steam's early years led to incredibly high sales of these niche games. Now that sale levels have evened off properly in the past few years and we have more Japanese content than ever we're starting to see just how well Japanese games perform in America and Europe period... not just on PC but also on console.

In other words, Steamspy exposed the reality of the niche Japanese game scene in Western territories for everyone. But because it's Steamspy making the exposure, people want to think it's the PC platform that's the cause, or that PC players abandoned these games, when the actual reality is much more simple; that this is the norm for these games and always has been.

Jawmuncher

I think what happened was, strong initial demand for Japanese games in Steam's early years led to incredibly high sales of these niche games. Now that sale levels have evened off properly in the past few years and we have more Japanese content than ever we're starting to see just how well Japanese games perform in America and Europe period... not just on PC but also on console.

In other words, Steamspy exposed the reality of the niche Japanese game scene in Western territories for everyone. But because it's Steamspy making the exposure, people want to think it's the PC platform that's the cause, or that PC players abandoned these games, when the actual reality is much more simple; that this is the norm for these games and always has been.

WHOA this makes too much sense, so you must be wrong.

Ugh, I really hate 'announcement of an upcoming announcement' threads.
Why do they even exist in the first place?

Well said.

U5csGvu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom