• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Things I forgot about FF13 between the time I played it on PS3 and now.
Vanille's annoying demeanor and inconsistent accent.
Hope is an awful character.
First paradigm shift of the battle always shows the long animation, ugh.
Datalog events are horribly written.

I think what happened was, strong initial demand for Japanese games in Steam's early years led to incredibly high sales of these niche games. Now that sale levels have evened off properly in the past few years and we have more Japanese content than ever we're starting to see just how well Japanese games perform in America and Europe period... not just on PC but also on console.

In other words, Steamspy exposed the reality of the niche Japanese game scene in Western territories for everyone. But because it's Steamspy making the exposure, people want to think it's the PC platform that's the cause, or that PC players abandoned these games, when the actual reality is much more simple; that this is the norm for these games and always has been.

Yup.

FLD

I think what happened was, strong initial demand for Japanese games in Steam's early years led to incredibly high sales of these niche games. Now that sale levels have evened off properly in the past few years and we have more Japanese content than ever we're starting to see just how well Japanese games perform in America and Europe period... not just on PC but also on console.

In other words, Steamspy exposed the reality of the niche Japanese game scene in Western territories for everyone. But because it's Steamspy making the exposure, people want to think it's the PC platform that's the cause, or that PC players abandoned these games, when the actual reality is much more simple; that this is the norm for these games and always has been.

Well, I wasn't talking strictly about Japanese and/or niche games but yeah, no argument there. That much was clear when we started being able to compare numbers and see very similar performances on Steam vs consoles for stuff like Zestiria.

Soulflarz

Banned

U5csGvu.jpg
This is an interesting method of quoting
hmm

Why is farming easing me? I don't usually like grinding but something makes me do the same runs over and over. Until my fingers move on themselves. My eyes half-closed it feels like I'm watching someone else play instead. Then I come to my senses and re-evaluate my life.
--
Also, it just happened.

L9GAk7c.png

Things I forgot about FF13 between the time I played it on PS3 and now.
Vanille's annoying demeanor and inconsistent accent.
Hope is an awful character.
First paradigm shift of the battle always shows the long animation, ugh.
Datalog events are horribly written.

None of this wrong.

On Lightning Returns now, the trilogy shows Snow's slow decent into full on Emo Guy.

Granjinha

So, uh, i've begun playing Batman AK again after all the patches and while the performance is MUCH better, i'm having random freezes that get more constant the more i play. Did this happen to anyone?

So, uh, i've begun playing Batman AK again after all the patches and while the performance is MUCH better, i'm having random freezes that get more constant the more i play. Did this happen to anyone?

SalsaShark!
http://giant.gfycat.com/CleverDearestArabianhorse.gif

IIRC, if you have a 2GB GFX card or Windows 10 (/w <12GB RAM--seriously) you'll need more preptime to play it smooth...er. As in, an upgrade and a prayer.

No, I've just finished the game last weekend and didn't notice any freezing at all.
I'd remember it if it's happening that consistently.

Sch1sm

Beware Beanpole.

Y'know, now that I think of it there's not a single fantasy game where I've managed to memorise the calendar system. Not even Elder Scrolls, which has been omnipresent for years now...

Tamriel's is easy, tbh. Almost identical to the Gregorian one, give or take a single day (this changes even between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim). but it's still all 12 months. 7 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom