• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWKXZkeUwAAS20T.jpg

Flandy

I told Khronico I'd get him Lighting Returns and then gifted him another game for the sole purpose of disappointing when he clicked on the gift notification

Knurek

My gameplay time list is better than your gameplay time list:

times5orfk.png

(That's just this year, BTW, so missing some of games, like TitS, or MMX)

I note that typical session is about an hour - is it that you are getting about an hour an evening (or whenever you are usually playing), or are you switching between games in the same day?

I usually switch between two games (one puzzle and one non-puzzle), but yeah, an hour or two is just about all I can play not during the weekends.

accel

My gameplay time list is better than your gameplay time list:

I note that typical session is about an hour - is it that you are getting about an hour an evening (or whenever you are usually playing), or are you switching between games in the same day?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It would be amusing if From Software decides to port Murakumo of all the things they have in their repertoire. I would laugh my ass off tbh.

Tizoc

I haven't seen a star war. So all this fandom around the new stuff coming out is amusing to watch. o:

Just watch these and you're set for the new movie-
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...ed-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

The first movie is an 'adventure', you have the peasant who becomes a Samurai, the 2 servants, the princess and the rogue teaming up to fight against the Empire.

The 2nd movie is my fav., as each character gets their own focus and the events all effect the characters in a personal way.

The 3rd movie's OK but I much prefer the 2nd movie overall.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just watch these and you're set for the new movie-
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...ed-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/topic/12713/

The first movie is an 'adventure', you have the peasant who becomes a Samurai, the 2 servants, the princess and the rogue teaming up to fight against the Empire.

The 2nd movie is my fav., as each character gets their own focus and the events all effect the characters in a personal way.

The 3rd movie's OK but I much prefer the 2nd movie overall.

Oh I'm not interested I'd only watch it if my girlfriend made me like those James Bond movies.

Hektor

I still can't kinda believe that System Shock 3 is a thing. That came absolutely out of nowhere.

Now we have Systemshock 3, Shenmue 3, FF7R, Nier: Automata and The last Guardian (re-)announced all in the same year + a resurgence of crpgs and japanese publishers on steam.

Just a matter of time until Silent Hills sees the light again.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i realized why spiders in eternity aren't being so bad for me, it's because this game is so super chill to play since it's so slow and methodical. lots of reading and slow combat and just watching ppl wack at each other, so it's not a stressful situation whatsoever

i just got to the keep so i'm gonna run into many spiders i hear, hopefully things will stay easy

also i have to mention it again, this game is fantastic and if it keeps up is gonna end up being my goty

there's just something really compelling to me about digging deep into a game in this format, being allowed to ask all the questions i want and explore it through interesting quests and characters and environmental storytelling. it's such a fascinating world too, and you can steal and kill everyone and you have a big party and all that, it's awesome

the combat isn't too bad but i still wish it was turn based, i find i end up having trouble knowing exactly what's going on with all the spells and attack cooldowns and whatnot. the characters are sometimes kind of difficult to tell apart too. it's still fun cos it requires strategy and the classes are so far really fun and varied

this game is just awesome

I haven't seen a star war. So all this fandom around the new stuff coming out is amusing to watch. o:
weird, you should probably correct that

they're not gonna blow your mind or anything but they're entertaining movies

accel

i think i realized why spiders in eternity aren't being so bad for me, ...

An idea for future tech: take a screen, locate objects that look like spiders, replace them with some fluffy things that don't trigger arachnophobia. Entirely opt-in, you run it in the background and play or watch whatever you want, with the software trying to make it better. (Serious.)

zkylon

zkylewd
An idea for future tech: take a screen, locate objects that look like spiders, replace them with some fluffy things that don't trigger arachnophobia. Entirely opt-in, you run it in the background and play or watch whatever you want, with the software trying to make it better. (Serious.)
the problem with this is the "trying" part

if it's not 100% it doesn't work for me, whenever i see a no spider mod that says "i haven't tested it but it should work" i just don't bother because it doesn't do anything for my anxiety

one thing that i'm slowly doing and maybe will make public someday is to make a game-with-spiders database

Lain

So is Battlenet usually have winter/christmas sales too?

Want to buy Diablo 3 if so.

Blizzard has various sales through the year, though I don't remember if they do something for Christmas. That said, Both D3 and its expansion got a permanent price drop on the Blizzard store and the last time they had a sale on the other games, D3+Exp didn't get one because, well, they're already half off, so I do wonder if they'll get a discount.

Edit: Case in point, they have a sale on Battle.net, and D3 isn't discounted.

My avatar is the best avatar in PoE. And it's all thanks to some mad backer's portrait.

Crowdfunding is neat.
the probably with this is the "trying" part

if it's not 100% it doesn't work for me, whenever i see a no spider mod that says "i haven't tested it but it should work" i just don't bother because it doesn't do anything for my anxiety

one thing that i'm slowly doing and maybe will make public someday is to make a game-with-spiders database

Giant Bomb has you covered: Game concept page for spiders. (Obligatory spider warning.) Contained within is every game wth spiders that GB's community/staff bothered to add to it. If you see anything miss, feel free to make an account and add it yourself!

Giant Bomb's wiki stuff is a really cool idea, conceptually a way to find games you like, games similar to that, and beyond. Unfortunately it's surfaced in the worst way possible so virtually no one knows about it.

Edit: I tried to add the Spider concept to the PoE game page, but I have no idea how to move it down to its proper spot in the concept list so I've given up. Looks like the dream is dead.

accel

the probably with this is the "trying" part

Got it. That's bad, because I don't think it can be 100% without human check (and if we are talking human checks, why bother doing anything else) - even tracking ball / players in football footage for analysis isn't 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom