• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

May as well post this in here as some of you folks are afraid to go outside. For those of you allergic to CheatEngine and want Lightning Returns at a rendering resolution other than what's offered I've got good news...

You can modify the executable to replace the resolutions to what you want. Still misses the depth of field resolution and you would be overwriting one resolution for another so not as flexible as using Cheat Engine but if you wanted to replace 1920x1080 with 3840x2160 and fire and forget then it will work.

Regards to scaling, you'd need to select Full Screen as you Display Type and Scale Display Area to Standard to get bilinear scaling (as you get with DSR) but screen shots would only be at your desktop resolution and already resampled. If you wanted full resolution screen shots you'd need to set you desktop resolution to 3840x2160 for example and then you'd get raw, unaltered captures.

Couple of examples bellow.
5120x2160 rendering res resampled in game to 2560x2160 said:
23117032853_635050282f_o.png
5120x2160 rendering res captured as full resolution with no resampling said:
These were both captured using a modified executable replacing 1920x1080 with 5120x2160. On a 2560x2160 monitor or less at 100% zoom you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. End of the day none of this is ideal and SE should have enumerated resolutions via Windows and handed this off the game and then none of this trivial fucking about would be necessary.

Pachimari

What is the correct order for the Ys games on Steam?

Ys Origin
Ys I Chronicles+
Ys II Chronicles+

Ys IV: The Oath in Felghana

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

So there's no YS III and V?

dex3108

Ubisoft register assassinscreedcollection>people complain for some posts>people are ready to purchase again all the games.

Ubisoft says Happy New Year -> people sh*t on Ubisoft and complain (and sometimes hope that they fail and shut down). That is in short every Ubisoft thread.

Knurek

Ys Origin
Ys I Chronicles+
Ys II Chronicles+

Oath in Felghana is (a remake of) Ys III

Ys IV is VITA exclusive. There were two Ys IV games previously (one for SNES, one for PC Engine), but neither of them was made by Falcom, and both aren't canon, go figure)
Ys V is SNES exclusive, but had a crappy Windows Japanese only port (basically an emulator packed with a SNES ROM). There's a fan translation for the SNES game.

Pachimari

Oath in Felghana is (a remake of) Ys III

Ys IV is VITA exclusive. There were two Ys IV games previously (one for SNES, one for PC Engine), but neither of them was made by Falcom, and both aren't canon, go figure)
Ys V is SNES exclusive, but had a crappy Windows Japanese only port (basically an emulator packed with a SNES ROM). There's a fan translation for the SNES game.

Okay thanks, this makes sense now. :)
Is the Vita-exclusive of Ys: Memories of Celceta the PC Engine version? Or is it a remake?

more games should have note-taking systems
What game is this?

Tizoc

OK early list of my Steam GotY list are-

#1- Adventures of Pip
#2- Transformers Devastation
#3- Contradiction
#4- Kero Blaster
#5- Ori and the Blind Forest

Honestly Ori is atm Tieing with Tales from the BLands.

Tizoc

Okay thanks, this makes sense now. :)
Is the Vita-exclusive of Ys: Memories of Celceta the PC Engine version? Or is it a remake?

What game is this?

Ys MoC is Ys 4; Ys 4 was originally released for the PC engine and SNES.
Generally however, the PC engine is considered the better of the 2.

It's a remake, but what I like about the ys series is that you can treat them as 'legends'; the events of Ys 4 PCE is one way the events of that game's story occurred, while MoC is ANOTHER legend, lore, folktale etc. of how the events happened.

If you want a good starting point, either Ys 3 or Ys 1+2 on Steam are a great starting point.

Well my internet was down for 30 hours. Figured I'd browse the Steam thread on my phone and then the gifpocalypse happened.

So... which of you is paying for my next data pack recharge?

A thread on how Valve doesn't make games, by people who don't know how games are made. It's kind of amazing.

I liked it better when my internet was gone.

Ys Origin
Ys I Chronicles+
Ys II Chronicles+

Play Ys I -> Ys II -> OiF -> VI -> Origin

If you have a Vita, check out Ys Se7en and Memories of Celceta

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Fun fact: BioShock Infinite is better than your favorite anime.
That's just not true, is there any western game that is as anime as bioshock infinite is?
Like seriously it has a "waifu" that hangs with Mc all game and the ending sucks, sounds just like an anime.

Ending spoiler
MC even has a harem of elizabeths before his death

FloatOn

people like bioshock infinite? I'll give you that it had a neat story but going from Bioshock 2 to Infinite is like having filet mignon and washing it down with a cup of diarrhea.

Milamber

That's just not true, is there any western game that is as anime as bioshock infinite is?
Like seriously it has a "waifu" that hangs with Mc all game and the ending sucks, sounds just like an anime.

Ending spoiler
MC even has a harem of elizabeths before his death

Don't forget the implied incest. Just like anime!

rtcn63

people like bioshock infinite? I'll give you that it had a neat story but going from Bioshock 2 to Infinite is like having filet mignon and washing it down with a cup of diarrhea.

Two is just the better mix of action/atmosphere. Three's tend to be disappointment because they often stray too far from the mechanics and style of the original - Dead Space 3, Resident Evil 6 (RE4 being the gameplay reboot of the series). The newly implemented Uncharted-ification rarely helps.

Infinite wasn't terrible though. Lackluster, seemingly unfinished (where's the weapon variety? Vox weapons don't count since they were total shit), but I'd replay it over some other threes. Maybe the sequel to Infinite will be improved, at least until the third iteration...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom