• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't all these space games just be mech games instead? My interest level would cube itself.
That makes not even a trickle of sense... are you sure it's intentional and not a bug?

A GAFfer explained it to me a while back. I'll quote his post from another thread:
It's something insanely dumb like a one byte memory tweak or similar, I can't recall. Let me find the post, it's pretty hilarious...

Patch: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8490.0

The slowdown is caused by three values in the executable that dictate how long the game should wait between frames. The reason this is incorrect in the game is unknown, but they can be fixed by patching these offsets into /PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN:
0x20afd4 should be changed to 02
0x20afe4 should be changed to 03
0x20aff0 should be changed to 02

That's it, that's the entire change.

Someone speculated that maybe they slowed it down for multiplayer reasons?

Whatever the case, it was pretty dumb, and it's easily patched out. But only if you're running modded psp/emu :(

I keep hoping easy Vita cfw will come out, I love playing TO on my Vita because the screen is so beautiful, but that crafting pot man...

Blew my mind.

Arthea

better let's talk about Stardew Valley finally having a steam store page, no release date yet tho
Coming Soon can be interpreted in so many ways, let's just remember versus 13 here.

I need to buy booze to prepare for the worst.

may I ask what for? Survival crisis?

better let's talk about Stardew Valley finally having a steam store page, no release date yet tho
Coming Soon can be interpreted in so many ways, let's just remember versus 13 here.

Was it Stardew Valley or some other farming sim on PC that had an oddly grimdark storyline/writing?

It's been so long I don't even remember why Stardew Valley interested me. Aside from the obvious Harvest Moon-alikeness.

Arthea

It's not Steam Related. 20 hours is the Smash direct. Final Chance for Snake in Smash.
The one thing I want as much as a new dino crisis.

why don't you just bully Nintendo into doing as you want?

I'm sorry

i hope soon means soon

well yeah, I hope too, although I remember reading that it's no longer coming in 2015 but 2016 instead, January or something like that, can't remember where I've read that.

Arthea

Was it Stardew Valley or some other farming sim on PC that had an oddly grimdark storyline/writing?

It's been so long I don't even remember why Stardew Valley interested me. Aside from the obvious Harvest Moon-alikeness.

Harvest Moon alike games are still very rare on PC, even more so Rune Factory alikes, not sure why you aren't interested a lot right now! It's the first (hopefully) good we are getting, all others are unfinished still.

I mean, if 'saving money' is why you switch to PC....I have some bad news for you...

maybe they have such self control that they don't buy everything, including what they bought before many times over on different platforms. Such people should exist... in theory at least.

Kriken

I need to buy booze to prepare for the worst.

And I will have this ready until then

JPnp8ac.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Tales of series 20th Anniversary Party live
Stream
t1450184400z0.png

Tales of Best (Collection) with Vesperia in it for PC PLS

Well, they're already doing Symphonia.

Knowing Namco what they'll do is make a collection and release it on the same day, making the prepurchase for Symphonia free mostly worthless, with no way to buy games separately.

gelf

On the subject of Night Dive. Is that port of the console version of Exhumed/Powerslave dead? Not heard anything about it for a while. It's the only one I really cared about.

Vamphuntr

Tales of series 20th Anniversary Party live
Stream
t1450184400z0.png

Tales of Best (Collection) with Vesperia in it for PC PLS

11 hours before they unveil the next Tales of they will rush :(. I wish they would go back to making quality titles that feels complete. Xilia 1/2 and Zestiria feel cheaper than Graces F and Vesperia.

Never mind, I'll find someone like
Gaben...
I wish nothing but the best for youuuuuuu tooooo
Don't forget
Dino Crisis
out there, I remember you said
Sometimes a
Steam sale works
, but sometime it hurts instead...
No, I'm really running out of Steam Credit.

How do you know that?
Are you in my Steam friends list?
Do I know you?

Vamphuntr

Avast is shitty antivirus.

Do not use Avast on Windows 10. It is known to cause the critical error at startup in Windows 10 that lead to the taskbar not booting and forcing you to reboot without being able to do anything. Got hit by it and the only way to do anything with the comp was to Ctrl+Alt+Del task manager and force an uninstall by accessing the control panel through the cmd.

Do not use Avast on Windows 10. It is known to cause the critical error at startup in Windows 10 that lead to the taskbar not booting and forcing you to reboot without being able to do anything. Got hit by it and the only way to do anything with the comp was to Ctrl+Alt+Del task manager and force an uninstall by accessing the control panel through the cmd.

Wowser.

How long has it been like that? And how have I not heard about that...
Yes. I had to do it via teamviewer with my mother...it has to be done in safe mode fyi lol

What fun!

http://www.getavast.net/support/compatibility-windows-10

It's MS fault! We swear. Try making another Windows acccount to solve it PLEASE DON'T UNINSTALL

That's.. uh... good lord.

It makes McAfee's 6-month-long perpetual "searching for update" issues seem tame. (They fixed it just in time for Christmas)

McAfee still has them one-upped, though. I narrowly avoided getting hit by it, myself.
On April 21, 2010, beginning at approximately 14:00 UTC, millions of computers worldwide running Windows XP Service Pack 3 were affected by an erroneous virus definition file update by McAfee, resulting in the removal of a Windows system file (svchost.exe) on those machines, causing machines to lose network access and, in some cases, enter a reboot loop. McAfee rectified this by removing and replacing the faulty DAT file, version 5958, with an emergency DAT file, version 5959 and has posted a fix for the affected machines in their consumer knowledge base.[57][58] The University of Michigan's medical school reported that 8,000 of its 25,000 computers crashed. Police in Lexington, Ky., resorted to hand-writing reports and turned off their patrol car terminals as a precaution. Some jails canceled visitation, and Rhode Island hospitals turned away non-trauma patients at emergency rooms and postponed some elective surgeries.[59] Australian supermarket Coles reported that 10 percent (1,100) of its point-of-sales terminals were affected and was forced to shut down stores in both western and southern parts of the country.[60]

Corpekata

Banned
1440p jump only worth it if you've got a great PC that can push out decent FPS at 1440p, going for Gsync, or higher refresh rate in my opinion.

At least if you're spending 300 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom