• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
CWVbSAmUYAEb1_d.jpg

It seems Shinkawa is in too.

Parsnip

It'c called critical thinking and questioning everything. ;)

I will most likely buy the PC version if there will be one, but as of right now, a PC version does not officially exist.

Right now, PS4 version doesn't exists either. If you want to split hairs.

Obvious wording is obvious though, and unless that changes in the next 5 years, it's likely coming to PC as well.

Tizoc

Hope this means they can clear things up for Ys Seven and MoC steam releases.
Gotta confess only reason I hadn't played MoC for more than 2 hours so far is because of the performance on Vita :(
A PC ver. with like solid FPS would make me enjoy it a lot.

fantomena

Obvious wording is obvious though, and unless that changes in the next 5 years, it's likely coming to PC as well.

It COULD come to PC. But I just feel like not making this sound like it's coming to PC and get dissapointed if it's not.

The game is confirmed for PS4 and that's it.

You don't make a hype video with Andrew House and Hideo Kojima and then say the game is a "console exclusive" unless you plan to release the game on other non-console platforms. Hoping for a PC version is about as likely as a PS4 version, a corporation like Sony worded that press release exactly that way for a very specific reason. We all know well and good if the game was a straight up exclusive they would be shouting it from the hilltops.

fantomena

I did very specifically say likely, not super duper 101% officially confirmed.

Well yeah, it's not confirmed until the Kojima Productions/Sony say it themself. That's the only thing Im out after.

They don't need to, "console exclusive" already tells me everything.

Good for you. I'll be waiting for official confirmations.

There will be an IGN interview with Kojima today, maybe we'll get some closure there.

MUnited83

For you.
Well yeah, it's not confirmed until the Kojima Productions/Sony say it themself. That's the only thing Im out after.

Good for you. I'll be waiting for official confirmations.

There will be an IGN interview with Kojima today, maybe we'll get some closure there.

It's like The Dear Leader said. It's coming.

Parsnip

I doubt anything of note comes from the IGN interview, especially on the platforms considering how strongly IGN is tilted towards PS4 even after Greg Miller left. I doubt the topic even comes up.

Copons

It'c called critical thinking and questioning everything. ;)

I will most likely buy the PC version if there will be one, but as of right now, a PC version does not officially exist.

But is critical thinking saying you're gonna likely buy a game you don't know anything about yet? :3

Knurek

We all know 'console exclusive' coming from a Japanese dev means it will also come out on the other sustainable platform in Japan.

I'm talking of course about iOS.

Seems like a bunch of stuff got removed from Steam for some reason, looking at Steamdb. Some of it seems to be garbage, like a listing for Star Trek that has zero packages associated with it (the game itself is still available on Steam), but it does appear some actual games are mixed in there. I noticed Spate, Potatoman Seeks the Troof, RefleX, Adventurezator, and The Old City Leviathan seem to be removed. There doesn't seem to be much connection between any of the games removed and it seems like you can still access their packages on Steam, so I don't know if the removal is intentional or not.

Don't expect a proper narrative driven VR game from Valve for a while

Birdwell suggested as much in an interview with Game Informer for its new VR issue. “We’re still in that mode of trying to figure out what we do with this,” the developer stated on subject of the HTC Vive. “We have endless experiments, and they’re neat things, but we still have to figure out how we put this into a narrative. How do we pull the player through this immersion? If players actually did all of the actions from Half-Life in VR, they’d be fatigued in five minutes. It doesn’t mean we can’t use that fiction; we just have to figure out a new way to approach it.

http://vrfocus.com/archives/26588/valve-half-life-vr-would-fatigue-players-in-5-minutes/

maybe some smaller ones and tech demos of course

It COULD come to PC. But I just feel like not making this sound like it's coming to PC and get dissapointed if it's not.

The game is confirmed for PS4 and that's it.

Is there any good reason for Sony to label the games as console exclusive, but not PS4 exclusive if they're not coming to anywhere else, ever?
I mean, there's also a chance of that to happen, according to your definition, right?

ezodagrom

Is there any good reason for Sony to label the games as console exclusive, but not PS4 exclusive if they're not coming to anywhere else, ever?
I mean, there's also a chance of that to happen, according to your definition, right?
I think the console exclusive label only means that the developers are free to release their game on non-console platforms if they choose to do so, it's not a guarantee that they will.

I think the console exclusive label only means that the developers are free to release their game on non-console platforms if they choose to do so, it's not a guarantee that they will.

While it's true, they can also do that for their 'Only on Playstation' games and even their own IP like Helldivers. They could still be coming to PC.

Nzyme32

It's a guarantee of a PC version in my eyes. I can't thing of a single title marketed as a "console exclusive" that hasn't of isn't in the process of having a PC version arrive. I don't really mind waiting when there are so so many games to play anyway

gelf

That's how I read it. There is no contract in place to stop it being on any none console format, its not written in stone so they can't lie and say it its full exclusive. I don't see it as a full guarantee of a PC version. It would be nice to be wrong as that means a PC version of Yakuza Zero.

ezodagrom

It's a guarantee of a PC version in my eyes. I can't thing of a single title marketed as a "console exclusive" that hasn't of isn't in the process of having a PC version arrive. I don't really mind waiting when there are so so many games to play anyway
No, it's not a guarantee. A PC version is only guaranteed when they do announce one.
The console exclusive label means that they can port it to PC, doesn't mean that they will. Sometimes it could be about keeping options open, we just can't know for sure.

fantomena

No, it's not a guarantee. A PC version is only guaranteed when they do announce one.
The console exclusive label means that they can port it to PC, doesn't mean that they will. Sometimes it could be about keeping options open, we just can't know for sure.

What Ive been saying to all this types of announcements, like Nioh and Ni No Kuni 2 for example.

What Ive been saying to all this types of announcements, like Nioh and Ni No Kuni 2 for example.

Alright, I get now (or more like remember).
It's PC being PC, the 2nd class citizen, plan B, backup plan, etc.

ViviOggi

You can bet your ass that Sony was aggressively pushing for a full exclusivity deal which Kojima actively turned down. Announcing it as a PS4 exclusive would have been massive for Sony so the offer isn't getting any better now that the cat's out of the bag. Sure there could be budget issues later down the line for example, making him reconsider his options, but as it stands a PC version is coming.

Ludens

Banned
Fantomena wants Koji on PS4 only. Why? PS4 is plenty of exclusive titles, like Killzone ShadowFall, Knack, it doesn't need another one.

ViviOggi

Wow Battlefront on PC is dead already, can't find games at all. In 20 minutes I only got in one match of that hero hunt mode which is total garbage. Gonna refund this motherfucker so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom