• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

That looks like an interesting little game.

Genre: Free to Play, Strategy, Early Access

giphy.gif

Going by what I've seen of that one Sony is doing us a favor.
Generally good reviews and lots of game of the year awards so it's a game that many appreciate. I stopped playing it because it runs at 20 FPS on the PS4, or at least it did at launch. Hopefully that leak means it's coming soon, think it'll look grand at a decent framerate and with better IQ.

Edit: By game of the year awards I meant being in the top ten or what have you.

Uzzy

It's a good thing we can play previously PC exclusive Everyone's Gone to the Rapture at this very moment thanks to Sony's wonderful PC policies.

I want that game too. To be sure, I'm hardly saying that Sony are perfect. But they're doing a hell of a lot better than Microsoft at giving us PC games this gen.

This Friday I'll be playing Street Fighter V on PC, a game that likely wouldn't even exist yet had Sony not thrown some money in, but they're happily allowing Capcom to publish it on PC.

Nabs

Generally good reviews and lots of game of the year awards so it's a game that many appreciate. I stopped playing it because it runs at 20 FPS on the PS4, or at least it did at launch. Hopefully that leak means it's coming soon, think it'll look grand at a decent framerate and with better IQ.

I bet it won't be long. They already started to change their tune on twitter (pre-leak).

Coreda

It's truly baffling when posters take offense at the performance achievable on PC. It's not as if consoles aren't just literally GPU boxes. I will never understand the tribalism.

Edit: on the plus side the thread is becoming an excellent honeypot for bad posters.

derExperte

Where? The interest in that game dissipated so very, very fast. I'd of course buy it on PC or for very cheap on console as the premise sounded good and I like a walking-sim every now and then but after 'that looks nice' the conversation completely stopped.

Edit: By game of the year awards I meant being in the top ten or what have you.

Ah, okay. But I haven't seen even that. Maybe on PS4-exclusive lists that have trouble coming up with 10 games at all.

I reached Skellige after 80 hours and finished the game in 125. I would recommend not rushing through Skellige though. The main quest there is fairly short but there are important side quests that can affect your ending. More importantly, Skellige is a gorgeous place that you really should spend time exploring. The culture shown there is quite different from what you've seen in the game so far. Every island has it's share of small stories and quests that are worth looking into.

Sure, but I just kinda want to finish the game. I like the game quite a bit but I just kinda want to move on to other things already.

Good Mornin-
That looks like an interesting little game.

giphy.gif

Yeah immediately write off a game because it's Free to Play when $60 dollar microtransaction filled games with Season Passes that are horrible come out fine. Especially considering there are Free to Play games that are actually free and ones with in game purchases that are actually fair.

I don't know shit about this game but, the fact that people still do this is fucking laughable. "Since it's Free to Play I won't even give it a chance to see if I like it because it's Free to Play and its obviously going to wipe my bank account the moment I install it!"

Well that went from waking up to rant in a matter of minutes.

Good Mornin-

Yeah immediately write off a game because it's Free to Play when $60 dollar microtransaction filled games with Season Passes that are horrible come out fine. Especially considering there are Free to Play games that are actually free and ones with in game purchases that are actually fair.

I don't know shit about this game but, the fact that people still do this is fucking laughable. "Since it's Free to Play I won't even give it a chance to see if I like it because it's Free to Play and its obviously going to wipe my bank account the moment I install it!"

The thing about F2P games is that there are so many out there and for every 1 good one there are 20-30 horrible ones. Obivously some are really good. Path of Exile being the best and I hear DOTA and all those MOBAS are good although I don't like the genre. Now I will still try F2P games if they look interesting, but I have a shorter leash and less high hopes for them. Maybe its a psychological thing.

Good Mornin-

No, that isn't at all. There are plenty of F2P games I like. My number 1 most played game on Steam is F2P (Marvel Heroes). The issue is for that type of game, free to play will change the game mechanic to something that isn't fun nor enjoyable. Certain game types just don't work with F2P, just like certain game types aren't $60 game in the box material. If it was single player or at least co-op, I would give it more of a chance.

The thing about F2P games is that there are so many out there and for every 1 good one there are 20-30 horrible ones. Obivously some are really good. Path of Exile being the best and I hear DOTA and all those MOBAS are good although I don't like the genre. Now I will still try F2P games if they look interesting, but I have a shorter leash and less high hopes for them. Maybe its a psychological thing.

I know plenty of them are horrible but, the fact them being free is kinda of the thing that makes the whole thing dumb, you lose nothing by trying accept time to download them and playing it for X minutes to see. Maybe it is a psychological thing at this point because it certainly seems like it.

No, that isn't at all. There are plenty of F2P games I like. The issue is for that type of game, free to play will change the game mechanic to something that isn't fun nor enjoyable. Certain game types just don't work with F2P, just like certain game types aren't $60 game in the box material.

I don't know Wafku did this type of game fine after going Free to Play but the way that game is made, they couldn't add too much to a cash shop I assume.

I blame Tizoc for stoking the fire

yeah, when you drop "definitive edition is on PC" you're poking at the console's hornets nest.

Just find it generally annoying that people in 20-fucking-15 are still dropping the comfy couch argument like people haven't been comfortably playing PC games for over a console generation now.

Grief.exe

The worst poster that would always derail PC threads like clockwork had an Uncharted 4 avatar. I'm sure if people frequently go into gaming side they will know who I'm talking about.

I'm thinking he has gotten banned because I haven't seen him in a while.

yeah, when you drop "definitive edition is on PC" you're poking at the console's hornets nest.

Just find it generally annoying that people in 20-fucking-15 are still dropping the comfy couch argument like people haven't been comfortably playing PC games for over a console generation now.

People still say they have to upgrade every six months or year, something that hasn't been the case in the better part of two decades.

Milamber

It will still happen anyway, even though we get older and wiser (haha), new young fanboys are newly registered and the argument begins anew.

I think people just got in over their heads at the notion of a Playstation exclusive Kojima game, the likes of which haven't been seen since MGS4. Like it or not, he's a totemic figure as far as the legacy of PlayStation goes.

The idea that Kojima would jump from being owned by one company to just turn around and be owned by another company is just absurd though, you could have easily predicted that whatever Kojima was going to do after Konami it would have some multi-platform dimension.

If Sony really wanted to lock down exclusivity, they could have done it with the wave of a cheque, Sony's modern exclusivity process has been self evident for years, they are ALL about console exclusivity, and honestly, when your main competitor is Xbox, and your wiping the floor with em, what's the advantage for paying for full exclusivity? PS4 is the go to console, why do more work than you have to?

People just let their latent fanboyism take over their brains for a minutes. The current situation looks no different than Street Fighter 5. And that's fine, Sony wins, Kojima wins, PS4 owners win, PC owners win. There is literally nothing to be sad about.

derExperte

The worst poster that would always derail PC threads like clockwork had an Uncharted 4 avatar. I'm sure if people frequently go into gaming side they will know who I'm talking about.

I'm thinking he has gotten banned because I haven't seen him in a while.

viHuGi? No, that doofus is still around posting the usual crap, just less so in PC threads and the fact he made it through his Junior-phase tells me he has friends in high up places. Good luck waiting for a ban.

Dr Dogg

Do you know what would be nice? If these platform holders weren't a bunch a dick bags and stopped holding games hostage to their proprietary DRM machines. That would be a the real "good for the whole industry" motion but they won't because first and foremost they're businesses wanting to turn a profit. Question is would these games get made to the same scope as before if at all or would an IP holder make more or less money having staggered releases on every platform under the sun? We should be campaigning for choice not restriction.

Tizoc

I blame Tizoc for stoking the fire
If it is any consolation
It was a one time thingy and not something id do again
Though i dont see anyone stopping some gaffers from making game announcement threads and not mentioning its for mobile just to get a kick from people being disappointes :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom