• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Wednesday "Hump Day" Bundle #14

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Desert Ashes (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Demented (STEAM)
Mysterious Space (STEAM)

Pay only $2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

AoF World Online (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Aero's Quest (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
STEEL RIVALS (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Car Washer: Summer of the Ninja (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Unium (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Teddy Terror (STEAM)
Nightfall: Escape (STEAM)
Let There Be Life (STEAM)
Pocket God vs Desert Ashes (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/hump

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-F314FCA507BDF811 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.

t1450281310z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well at least Lara is killing machine from the start XD After reading TR comics i already knew in what direction they will go so i don;t expect anything from the story.

See there's noting wrong with overplayed villainy but it only really works when it's cranked up to 11 and not trying to be serious like Tomb Raider is. It works great in pantomime theatre not so great in uber serious survival simulator.

When a cutscene was playing I could sense my concentration was waning. I'm sure I was at one point thinking to myself 'oh shut up so I can get to the next puzzle section' as that was my main motivation of soldiering on, testing the old grey matter not some wishy washy story of redemption/revenge or whatever was going on. It's one of those games I'd love to play whilst hooked up to some neuroscience monitoring equipment to see the peaks and troughs in brain activity relating to what's on screen as it's probably at both extremes of the spectrum.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What are the chances for a mod that'll change the new FF VI sprites for the old ones? Did somebody do that for V?

The chances with VI are actually pretty good and is quite a bit less work than modding V.

The enemy sprites in the new version are actually really good and (in my and most people's opinion) are a prime example of how the entire game should have been approached. In almost every instance, the enemies are redrawn at a higher resolution using the original monster pixel art and it's all very impressive.

The main gripe is with the new character sprites, and unlike FFV each character uses (basically) the same sprite set throughout the entire game. Meaning each character can be modded in individually with very little comparative work.

Hell, I might dig into this myself once the game gets released later today. If nothing else I could do a "proof of concept" that others could follow.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So Banner saga 2 is coming out this winter, do we know anything more than that?
January/february is full of games I want already ;_;

dex3108

See there's noting wrong with overplayed villainy but it only really works when it's cranked up to 11 and not trying to be serious like Tomb Raider is. It works great in pantomime theatre not so great in uber serious survival simulator.

When a cutscene was playing I could sense my concentration was waning. I'm sure I was at one point thinking to myself 'oh shut up so I can get to the next puzzle section' as that was my main motivation of soldiering on, testing the old grey matter not some wishy washy story of redemption/revenge or whatever was going on. It's one of those games I'd love to play whilst hooked up to some neuroscience monitoring equipment to see the peaks and troughs in brain activity relating to what's on screen as it's probably at both extremes of the spectrum.

CD still doesn't kno what they want with new Tomb Raider. They are constantly talking about grounded and realistic Lara but they constantly putting hundreds of enemies in games. For me old Lara was smart, badass heroine who killed when she had and every time she did (and that was rarely) she felt bad.

New Lara is clumsy, disturbed, girl without confidence who likes violence. Maybe this is not what CD meant to do but i feel like this.

Ludens

Banned
For me old Lara was smart, badass heroine who killed when she had and every time she did (and that was rarely) she felt bad.

Did we play the same games?
I think not, because in the old games there was not even a reference to the fact Lara felt bad killing people. I still remember her expression while shooting, she killed a ton of animals/people without caring at all.

Nzyme32

I think you are referring to electroencephalography or if you want to go more hardcore perhaps magnetoencephalography, not that I would know anything about that stuff...

I'm still very much in favour of biometrics getting into gaming, for enhancing gameplay and presenting a more engaging experience based on your own changing state that could be determined on the fly. Hope Valve actually eventually makes that a reality.

Anyway as for Tomb Raider, the most frustrating thing with the first of the reboot was not really having any feeling for the story and characters, while also not having anywhere near enough exploration and puzzle solving - the core of why I bother with Tomb Raider. I'd be dissappointed if the new one is still chasing the high-octane-action-adventure-quicktime-events with an extra layer of clichéd revenge narrative.

Jazz573

So guys, I've been looking at some SteamDB leaks, and it seems FFXHD has been left untouched for 4 months... is it bad sign ?

I hope not. I'm planning on selling my PS3 copy, since it's still sealed.

I AM however definitely selling my PS3 copies of the FFXIII trilogy.

Kriken

That PC salt thread is magical in the fact that there are no bans yet.

Catching up on it, it really reads like Rise of The Tomb Raider threads where the OP would have 15 minutes of XB1 footage and the first few posts would be "Can't wait for the definitive PS4 version" except now they're on the other end and they don't like it

dex3108

Did we play the same games?
I think not, because in the old games there was not even a reference to the fact Lara felt bad killing people. I still remember her expression while shooting, she killed a ton of animals/people without caring at all.

I maybe don't remember that good but i am sure there were at least few scenes where Lara killed person and we could see her realizing what she has done. Animals not that much and other creatures too.

In Reboot and from what i saw in RotTR too he is enjoying killing every single enemy. Especially in close combat situations. That is not badass that feels like she has serious mental issues.

P.S. Life is Strange Demo is out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329030/

Dang, House knows Japanese.
Cool that I'll be able to play it. Cool that it's not a horror game.
Like almost every man, beard suits Kojima splendid.
How laid would a Kojima Productions t-shirt get me?

Pretty well laid I bet.
I'd say a lot, seeing Kojima got layed off of for that shirt.

I'll be here all week folks o/

Ludens

Banned
I maybe don't remember that good but i am sure there were at least few scenes where Lara killed person and we could see her realizing what she has done. Animals not that much and other creatures too.

In Reboot and from what i saw in RotTR too he is enjoying killing every single enemy. Especially in close combat situations. That is not badass that feels like she has serious mental issues.

P.S. Life is Strange Demo is out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329030/

Dunno, played all old TR except 3 and Last Revelation (this one for a good half, didn't complete it), I don't remember anything about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe team moved to XIII? (https://steamdb.info/app/345350/history/)

It could just mean it's being tested without new builds.

It could also mean they are waiting for exclusivity period to end. (if there's any).

It could mean anything.

Yeah, it's a single-player game without any online features, so despite being a Steamworks game, a dormant listing doesn't necessarily mean anything. I distinctly recall The Witcher 3 going quiet for a few days before one of the patches was deployed, with the build id being ahead of the beta branch.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Continuing to watch The World Only God Knows on a friend that kept buggering me to watch it, and I must say, so often the anime makes me think of you guys, SteamGAF.

14be2951346a5d72f5766d1ff698983b.png

Dr Dogg

I think you are referring to electroencephalography or if you want to go more hardcore perhaps magnetoencephalography, not that I would know anything about that stuff...

I'm still very much in favour of biometrics getting into gaming, for enhancing gameplay and presenting a more engaging experience based on your own changing state that could be determined on the fly. Hope Valve actually eventually makes that a reality.

Anyway as for Tomb Raider, the most frustrating thing with the first of the reboot was not really having any feeling for the story and characters, while also not having anywhere near enough exploration and puzzle solving - the core of why I bother with Tomb Raider. I'd be dissappointed if the new one is still chasing the high-octane-action-adventure-quicktime-events with an extra layer of clichéd revenge narrative.

Ooooooooohhh check you out :p

Though it's been promised many times I do think there's some legal ramifications to some of the attempts to add biometric monitoring devices into games. Could be awesome though, just imagine a horror game that monitors your blood pressure and pulse rate and then learns from what it does that causes the biggest increases and then adapts the content of the game to scare you the most. Practically a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

FLD

How is this even allowed?
Isn't promoting pedophilia outlawed in any decent country in the world?

You really think Valve are paying attention and monitoring everything devs do? Lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if reporting this resulted in it getting changed or removed.

accel

How is this even allowed?
Isn't promoting pedophilia outlawed in any decent country in the world?

I guess courts are slow to adopt to current lingo (and understand what 'lolicon' is promoting / assess how dangerous of a crime that is).

Dr Dogg

Wait? Final Fantasy VI is out today? I thought it was coming out on Friday. Wednesday is a bit of an odd release day. Anyways bloody nora I'm swimming in FF games at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom