• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know if Kojima is going to spend another 2-3 years dicking around with an engine or will Sony just pay for a UE4 license so he actually makes something before the generation is out?

I just dont have the patience for another 6-7 year wait for a new Kojima game.

Jawmuncher

I just want to know if Kojima is going to spend another 2-3 dicking around with an engine or will Sony just pay for a UE4 license so he actually makes something before the generation is out?

I just dont have the patience for another 6-7 year wait for a new Kojima game.

I have a feeling he'll go with Unreal Engine 4. With maybe making his own engine on the side. Can't see him going through all that again. They want to see something made sooner rather than later.

dex3108

Damn i thought that your salt talk in that thread was overreaction but boy i was wrong. Is it so hard to comprehend that 300$ box is weaker than 1000$ box? :D

Vuze

guys pls don't call the PC version of games the 'definitive' version, it's childish and hurts my feelings

Note to self: Never ever read through "exclusivity" threads again, the amount of salt and spite is just too damn high.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been burned out like that, too.

I think the above is the perfect plan - just work on the program as if it was just a tool for yourself, add / fix the things you want, don't add / don't fix the things you think are not worth adding or fixing, etc, and let the community sort out the rest.

If someone wants to grapple with that server-side logoff, for example, (ie, by caching user credentials for the session and resending the authentication form when the server expires the cookie), they can, the source code is out there (and you are even maintaining it, keeping it free of bugs that bother you, etc), adding things is simple. Let them fork the project and go on their own. When Valve break that by adding a captcha, that's going to be their problem, not yours.

Same triply so for support - you have the FAQ, that's 99% of the value you are going to get. Answering the same (wrong) questions over and over and over and over and over eats a heck of a lot of time, and the kicker is - it doesn't help. It's just way too inefficient to make any difference.

IdleMaster is a great piece of software that is adding quite a lot of value to the Steam accounts of many, many people. Don't let the byproduct of its popularity - clueless users asking same dumb questions and demanding things - upset you, it's just something that happens, the sun rises every morning and popular programs get their dose of clueless users. It's ok to just ignore them. /brofist :)

Thanks man, that means a lot and it makes sense to me too.

dex3108

Sunday night for me. I wanted reserve seating at a premium theater and the best tickets I could get the day they were available was on freaking sunday.

Still, it's a date night with the lady and she's excited for it, too, so I hope it's decent!

I just want to watch it as soon as possible and avoid any spoilers. I would go insane if i had to wait few more days XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
8 hours to go... getting kinda nervous :p

Please don't post spoilers in here ya'll. The earliest showing here is in 36 hours and I got tickets. For most people in the US it doesn't start showing til Friday.

I just want to watch it as soon as possible and avoid any spoilers. I would go insane if i had to wait few more days XD

My GF also got me Battlefront as an early xmas gift and gave it to me this morning before work. Add to that that I just downloaded the latest despecialized versions of ANH and TESB, im ready to star wars the fuck out from here till sunday. Plenty to keep me distracted until I see the film

Han Solo is a Twi'lek in episode 7.

JJ gets it

Star Wars talk?

Abandon Internet

My GF also got me Battlefront as an early xmas gift and gave it to me this morning before work. Add to that that I just downloaded the latest despecialized versions fo ANH and TESB, im ready to star wars the fuck out from here till sunday. Plenty to keep me distracted until I see the film

I watched the Despecialized versions of the OG Triology last week, they are definitely legit.

Without a doubt the Definitive Versions of the Trilogy
and I watched them on my PC

MUnited83

For you.
One reason to not do this though: Arkham Knight. Might be a good idea to reserve "definitive edition" comments for after the game is released.

I, too, am wondering what mysterious thread people are all talking about.

I mean, Arkham Knight, even with all the issues, is still the definitive version anyways, so...

I was going to enter the official movie thread on offtopic, but accidentally entered the spoiler thread. :(

Yeah. I think you're done posting for a while

Oh my gawd, fantomena's proverbial stealth spoilers, now that I don't even have a ticket to Star Wars... it's just too scary to handle. Too. Scary.

Oh, you mean how he spoiler tags a post with zero context? Yeah..............

I love that Durante is going toe to toe with anyone that dares question the idea of the PC version being definitive. Even Arkham Knight! Get em!

I mean, Arkham Knight, even with all the issues, is still the definitive version anyways, so...

Now? Yeah, I can see that. But at launch? The game was borderline unplayable for me. I got it for free with a video card... and actually convinced Newegg to give me MGS5 instead. I haven't checked out the Batman game since.

What are the chances for a mod that'll change the new FF VI sprites for the old ones? Did somebody do that for V?

it's too much work for something you can simply just play via a rom and an emulator.

I hope Kojima doesn't make a horror game.
And I hope he'll use UE4.
i mentioned UE4 earlier since it seems that japanese devs have really warmed up to it but I dont care if he uses Unity or whatever, just that he doesn't spend 2-3 years working on a new engine instead of actively developing a game. No one has time for that.

But said ROMs are, for the most part, illegally obtained

those illegally acquired art assets used to replace the sprites in the mobile port of FF6 would also be an issue then

Jazz573

I'm convinced it's just salty console fanboys projecting their fanboyism on PC gamers. I mean people have already made the PCMasterRace argument, when it's pretty clear nothing like that is happening in the thread.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope Kojima doesn't make a horror game.
And I hope he'll use UE4.

I hope it is a horror game.

When-class-challenging-you-longer-get-mad-your-teacher.gif

(but seriously, I'm interested in seeing more horror games being made by bigger names.)

Tizoc

I hope it is a horror game.

When-class-challenging-you-longer-get-mad-your-teacher.gif

(but seriously, I'm interested in seeing more horror games being made by bigger names.)

Oh yeah Golem , do you want to make the Hidden Gems thread for the Winter Seal or should I just make it using the old thread listings?

Dr Dogg

Speaking of 'exclusive' not so exclusive games just finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Great game only mired by floaty controls in any combat situation other than stealth, lacklustre writing amplified by comic book villains and a Saturday morning cartoon plot. Definitely improved upon all the gameplay mechanics of TR13, with crafting being more privatol to the game, hunting and collectables providing materials for said crafting so they're more than just XP items and tombs are nicely rounded out and for the most part more puzzle featured (though some are 1 trick puzzle rooms still). Not going to change your mind on the game if you didn't like TR13 as it's largely an iteration over the core gameplay loop of that but with a more open settings but if that was your thing you might just love RotTR.

dex3108

Speaking of 'exclusive' not so exclusive games just finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Great game only mired by floaty controls in any combat situation other than stealth, lacklustre writing amplified by comic book villains and a Saturday morning cartoon plot. Definitely improved upon all the gameplay mechanics of TR13, with crafting being more privatol to the game, hunting and collectables providing materials for said crafting so they're more than just XP items and tombs are nicely rounded out and for the most part more puzzle featured (though some are 1 trick puzzle rooms still). Not going to change your mind on the game if you didn't like TR13 as it's largely an iteration over the core gameplay loop of that but with a more open settings but if that was your thing you might just love RotTR.

Well at least Lara is killing machine from the start XD After reading TR comics i already knew in what direction they will go so i don;t expect anything from the story.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh yeah Golem , do you want to make the Hidden Gems thread for the Winter Seal or should I just make it using the old thread listings?

I'll see if I can make it, but I'll message you if I can't. I'll be going to family's for the holidays the day before the sale begins, but it's not like I won't have internet access, just depends on time, though I'd like too if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom