• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz wont say anything here, he'll wait till someone mentions how disturbing a thousand year old dragon wizard is in an OT thread and then post a link, followed with a SMH and then a banning soon after

Kaleinc

Banned
deYdIgd.png

They know their audience I guess?
Lazy ass badges and I don't get the foil one.

Tizoc

Continuing to watch The World Only God Knows on a friend that kept buggering me to watch it, and I must say, so often the anime makes me think of you guys, SteamGAF.

14be2951346a5d72f5766d1ff698983b.png

Remind me to bug you enough to watch JoJo :p
ZsskH5T.jpg

Yes that creature is a reference to Creature from the Black Lagoon and other such horror themes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait? Final Fantasy VI is out today? I thought it was coming out on Friday. Wednesday is a bit of an odd release day. Anyways bloody nora I'm swimming in FF games at the moment!

That's not such a bad problem to have really! I'm more excited for VI than anything else right now, as I might have my hand at modding some of those character sprites. Plus the game is great and everyone should play it.

Ludens

Banned
That's not such a bad problem to have really! I'm more excited for VI than anything else right now, as I might have my hand at modding some of those character sprites. Plus the game is great and everyone should play it.

Is there additional content for iOS version? Plus, if so, is the content related to a NG+ play?
I hope it isn't, I hate that garbage (I mean, the fact I need to redo a rpg just to clear an optional dungeon).

Lazy ass badges and I don't get the foil one.

I didn't understand if at first. I did some digging DHL is a delivery service that is allegedly awful. So it being express would mean it's better I guess. I didn't understand what that had to do with the game but, thinking back maybe it's that old meme from that one VN about some loli in a cardboard box hiding or being cute or something.. Don't remember what it was but, I assume that's what they are referencing, I dunno.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm saving some of these screencaps for the Winter Sales.

96a8241c2fe7b156ec34110cb27b6c4f.png

Remind me to bug you enough to watch JoJo :p
ZsskH5T.jpg

Yes that creature is a reference to Creature from the Black Lagoon and other such horror themes

It is ON MY BACKLOG, ohohoho~

(I will get around to watching it in the not so far future I think.)

Dr Dogg

the thing I love about the older FF games on PC (III, IV, IV TAY, V and now VI) is that they're so lightweight they run natively on my Surface no problemo. They all have issues with them but fundamentally the games themselves are intact. Maybe VI will be the game that bucks the trend and DotEmu pull out all the stops? Bwhahahahaha sorry was having a funny turn there for a second, that will be Tactics they get perfect, right? RIGHT?!?!?! If that get's fudged up... :(

Is BPM crashing Steam for anyone else? I was trying out the Steam controller again, and I can't keep BPM open for more than 20 second without the Steam.exe completely shutting down.

Adnor

Banned
Cool that they confirmed that the game will come to PC.

Again, I just hope it's not a horror game, if it is, I'll pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there additional content for iOS version? Plus, if so, is the content related to a NG+ play?
I hope it isn't, I hate that garbage (I mean, the fact I need to redo a rpg just to clear an optional dungeon).

This version has all of the additional content from VI Advance in it, none of which requires a NG+ to play. After you beat the final boss you can save your game and go back to the airship where you'll have access to the world map again and a few new optional dungeons and super bosses. The new dungeon also has a "super weapon" specifically for each character. This version also has a few new Espers that weren't in the SNES version such as Diablos, Gilgamesh, and Cactuar. These can all be experienced without having to replay the game twice.

kulapik

Is there any site that checks your steam library, the day you added a game and the price history of that day to see at what price you bought it?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just Cause 3 Patch 1.02 Now Live on PC! (122MB)

Hi all,

I'm pleased to let you know that the 1.02 patch we announced earlier today is now live, ahead of the anticipated Friday date.

In the 1.02 patch (132.1MB), you can expect:
  • Significantly improved loading times
  • Optimizations to online stats
  • General stability fixes
  • Fixed an issue related to challenges, wherein vehicles sometimes disappeared when starting a challenge
  • Fixed issues related to screen resizing and closing the game window before the game has fully started up

To those of you still having issues, rest assured we are working hard to alleviate these, and are listening very closely to everything that’s being said.

While the patch will improve performance on the whole, we’ve listened to some of the other concerns raised about the game and put together a little list of points which might alleviate these issues:

UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES
You can skip cutscenes, in fact – all you need to do is hold B on your gamepad, or hit ‘Skip’ from the pause menu.

NO SPRINT BUTTON
This isn’t an oversight; it’s very much intended. Our designer’s intent was to encourage you to use Rico’s unique grapple to move around Medici far quicker than his legs would allow, as well as giving you the ability to traverse vertically.

NO CROUCH
Rico doesn’t hide. Getting him up in the air is our version of the cover mechanic. Rico is far more deadly in the skies, than pinned behind a container on the ground.

FINDING THE LAST CHAOS OBJECT
While there’s no mini-map to help you liberate bases and towns, you can always bring up your map to help find Chaos objects. When you’re down to the last few objects in any given settlement, an approximate location for these will be displayed on the map.

For more hints and tips for improving your experience and really getting the most out of the game, check out our Hints and Tips thread, and feel free to add your own.

Again, a huge thanks for your support over the past week, and look out for more news soon. If there’s any changes to the patch between now and Friday, we’ll let you know here.

If you are still encountering any issues following the patch, please contact our Customer Support EU or Customer Support NA

Ludens

Banned
This version has all of the additional content from VI Advance in it, none of which requires a NG+ to play. After you beat the final boss you can save your game and go back to the airship where you'll have access to the world map again and a few new optional dungeons and super bosses. The new dungeon also has a "super weapon" specifically for each character. This version also has a few new Espers that weren't in the SNES version such as Diablos, Gilgamesh, and Cactuar. These can all be experienced without having to replay the game twice.

Thanks.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars Fully Loaded 2

TIER 1 - 3 Steam games for only $1

Black Sails - The Ghost Ship
Funk of Titans
Zombie Office Politics

TOP TIER - Pay only $3.79 for all 12 Steam games

Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn
The Legend of Dark Witch
Son of Nor
The Troma Project
Supreme Ruler 1936
ShipLord
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4
Terra Lander
Store Manager: Cellular Edition

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fully-loaded-2-bundle

Just Cause 3 Patch 1.02 Now Live on PC! (122MB)

FINDING THE LAST CHAOS OBJECT
While there’s no mini-map to help you liberate bases and towns, you can always bring up your map to help find Chaos objects. When you’re down to the last few objects in any given settlement, an approximate location for these will be displayed on the map.

This will be really nice. The amount of times i am running around a massive base looking for a hidden box is annoying. Unless it already exists.

jshackles

Is there a way to achieve Raw Pixel on Steam?

Not without modding them. It should be possible, since it shares the same engine/etc as V, but we won't know until the game actually unlocks and we have a look inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom