• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Great article.

I come to the same conclusion every time we discuses these modern interpretations.

2) Three competing art styles on every screen.

The real fundamental issue behind the new FFV and FFVI remakes is that when everything is scaled up to HD, the discrepancies between portrait art, tile art, and sprite art become glaring. Individually each one might look alright, but together it's a mess.

Gamesplanet is 100% legit.

Bought. I was waiting because I had 10€ on my steam account, but considering that IF it's discounted during the winter sale at 30% off like gamersgate it would be 33€ - 10€ = 23€. So for 2€ more and still my 10€ in the account, this is the best deal

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SE just updated the Final Fantasy VI system requirements with this note:

Additional Notes: *Anti-aliasing FXAA should be switched on at certain resolutions.

Which links to this discussion page. This is shaping up to be terrible terrible.

Dr Dogg

Is there a way to achieve Raw Pixel on Steam?

Don't know yet until the game is out and you can see what's doable. FFV was a pain to get scaled correctly (and that article is wrong as the base rendering resolution is 640x384 for FFV) but upon doing so I really fucked up the readability of the text. Which is a bit of a pain in a text heavy game. You'll just have to see how the game handles rendering and presentation resolutions and how each set of assets are handled before coming to a conclusion.

Grief.exe

New Kingdom Come Delieverance update VLOG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Eq2na6neI

Daniel Vávra has a freaking epic beard, I think he has a FN SCAR in the background too. I've actually gotten into a couple discussions with him about income inequality and taxation issues lol.

lb3CYUP.png

neoemonk

On the one hand I would like to have a near complete Final Fantasy collection on Steam.

On the other hand they all seem disastrous. I know the ports for VII and VIII have been around for a long time. How are they?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GreenManGaming has Final Fantasy VI for $12.32 after coupon 23PERC-WTHGMG-ADVENT for anyone not interested in refunding this mess.

I just bought it and got my Steam key right away.

Ludens

Banned
I can imagine, right now, a SE employee updating the Steam page store for FFVI in order to prevent angry rants of people in forums/ community hub etc because the port will suck again, but SE can say "Ehy, it was stated in Steam store page, you knew what you bought, pal."

Berto

Finished Life is Strange. Man... what a game, it kept getting better and better, I loved it! I enjoyed the time manipulation scenarios in Remember Me, Dontnod did good in using that central idea here.

Giving away a few extra games that were free
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron_Calamity, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

VISCERA CLEANUP DETAIL: SANTA'S RAMPAGE -- MB-B4B53F5B3CFC69C3 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Platypus II -- MB-8655E353B0EF2F17 - Taken by Naaq. 2 entrants total.
Enemy Mind -- MB-127DEA861711DA7D - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for VISCERA CLEANUP DETAIL: SANTA'S RAMPAGE was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1450300991z1.png

jshackles

So the majority of the data in Final Fantasy VI's release is encapsulated in .obb format. This is a data container format that's used by Android devices. I might have to extract the .obb file from the Android APK to see if there is any difference. We may be literally playing the Android version of the game running in a wrapper.

DWXNXEV.png

I want to jump on that Tales deal, but I'm in the US. Can I order from the US? Also, how much is it in usd? I'd rather not go through the trouble of making an account just to find out it wasn't worth my time. Thanks!

Unfortunately not very good ones. I guess I prefer when achievements in a game have good pacing.

I just flipped through them. They're mostly trivial except for collecting all of Gau's rage commands.

That's going to require fighting literally every monster in the game, then praying to RNG that they'll all appear in the Veldt in a reasonable amount of time.

Speaking of RNG. Shadow's final dream has a crazy low chance of happening. I've put hundreds of hours into FF6 and never saw it!

But I guess it doesn't matter because people are already cheating to unlock all of the achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom