• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Works fine here.

Perhaps because I got the link from my phone? I removed the m. part and it loads fine here.
That's not how the regular version of GAF links things. You need to add www and /forum/ to the link, like so: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158107 of course I'm beaten

Is there any site that checks your steam library, the day you added a game and the price history of that day to see at what price you bought it?
If you bought the games on Steam, your account page should tell you this. Otherwise, it can at least give you the date. You'd probably have to go on isthereanydeal to see the price range on that date.

I want to jump on that Tales deal, but I'm in the US. Can I order from the US? Also, how much is it in usd? I'd rather not go through the trouble of making an account just to find out it wasn't worth my time. Thanks!
It's $27.38, and I don't think they have a check like Nuuvem does, so you should be safe to order if you want. I haven't used the site though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yikes

NaCqgZx.png

Those fixed resolution options, ouch

Jazz573

That's not how the regular version of GAF links things. You need to add www and /forum/ to the link, like so: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158107 of course I'm beaten

If you bought the games on Steam, your account page should tell you this. Otherwise, it can at least give you the date. You'd probably have to go on isthereanydeal to see the price range on that date.

It's $27.38, and I don't think they have a check like Nuuvem does, so you should be safe to order if you want.

Thanks.

GaussTek

Fuck it, I'm getting Final Fantasy VI right now.

I don't mind it being a port of the mobile version at all, and I don't think that we'll get a deeper discount during the winter sale... right?!

Edit. Forgot to add, I'm on mexican store where it's like $10 usd :p

Tizoc

I want to jump on that Tales deal, but I'm in the US. Can I order from the US? Also, how much is it in usd? I'd rather not go through the trouble of making an account just to find out it wasn't worth my time. Thanks!

USD 28, we don't know if it'll be that discounted during the Winter Seal, but if the price is fine for you, just ue google translate or whatevs and you're good to go I guess :p

Dr Dogg

Yikes

Those fixed resolution options, ouch

That would be a good thing considering it's a pixel art based game. Except one teeny little issue is that none of them are the correct rendering resolution. Everyone I've tried scales the background art incorrectly. What is a shame is that while that is scaled via nearest neighbour the sprites are indeed filtered and scaled using what is posibily bilinear interoplation. To further compound my hassles it's been brought over (christ maybe even developed in the first place) using the QT framework so the OGL dll file is one that isn't supported by the popular library call converters so can't get GeDoSaTo working to see if brute force would work.

To be fair it's better than V by a fair old way and although full screen is just borderless windowed it does scale up to any resolution (horribly on the character sprites I might add). Looked reasonable at 640x480 windowed (actually 640x426) but not everyone is going to play like that. I get what SEE Toby_C meant now seeing as how the backgrounds are scaled but not at the correct ratio and resampled via nearest you get a fair old amount of pixel clashing. Also Toby is you happen to see this and are on GAF please send me a PM about the issues I've tried to email you. Thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently someone mentioned in the community hub that in fullscreen it uses the desktop resolution, but no idea if that's true.

You can also press Alt+Enter to go full screen if you didn't launch that way. But of course this just causes stretching.

Bethesda is a bunch of filthy liars. "Oh this workshop thing, it's totally optional, totally. You don't even have to touch it once
except for the main quest for Railroad and pretty much for every Minuteman mission and shit

I just spent like 20 minutes searching for fucking ceramic that I just couldn't find anywhere near the said site. Other workshops were full of that though.

Fur Fighters (which is an excellent game, btw) might be coming to Steam at some point: https://twitter.com/DoctorMorbius/status/677165422161080320

I tweeted at one of the devs and they answered
I'd like to release it on Steam. Would not having online multiplayer in the first release be an issue for you?

I own the first one on the SNES and always liked it... for some odd reason I still remember one of the passwords... "MKBRLN"...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is Battle Realms in Steam a limbo? Also I wonder why they never added SW Galactic Battlegrounds in steam

zkylon

zkylewd
IHoZizm.png

somehow managed to snag a middle seat middle row ticket for midnight release

I have no idea how. the force is with me
i got pretty good seats for the 00:30 one

i dunno why we're doing this, none of my friends are big star wars fans (and the one that is isn't going for like two weeks for some unknown reason lol)

Bethesda is a bunch of filthy liars. "Oh this workshop thing, it's totally optional, totally. You don't even have to touch it once
except for the main quest for Railroad and pretty much for every Minuteman mission and shit

I just spent like 20 minutes searching for fucking ceramic that I just couldn't find anywhere near the said site. Other workshops were full of that though.

just cheat

fallout 4 won't care

it doesn't care about anything you do

Salsa

i dunno why we're doing this, none of my friends are big star wars fans (and the one that is isn't going for like two weeks for some unknown reason lol)

I got 2 pretty good seats and im inviting my dad

it's a small theatre tho, like real small, and we're goin 2D (tho I prefer that)

it was either that or waiting like a week and fuuuuuck that

it's a small theatre tho, like real small, and we're goin 2D (tho I prefer that)

Fuck waiting. The internet is already a minefield and only a small amount of people have seen it so far. I might avoid the internet all together tomorrow.

The marketing stranglehold got you. I might be your friend. Then again, my reason is i hate cramped movie theaters. Ehhh kotor2 is about as good as Star Wars stories get imo so im not too eager to see it.

Salsa

Then again, my reason is i hate cramped movie theaters.

I hate them with all my life

BUT

this is my showing thus far

B7tdcm8.png

(green seats is available)

they added it stealthy as fuck so I think people just havent realized yet

also dat theatre size

in takin this pic I just realized 2 people sat right next to me tho. c'monnnn

Best Star Wars experience I ever had was Jedi Outcast and I watched all movies. Doubt the new movies will change much as Abrams managed to put Star Trek from one of my favorite movie franchises into "pass" territory.

jshackles

Well I've tried for a while but it appears that Final Fantasy VI's main data file (main.obb) is encrypted using the Android API packaging tool jobb. So unfortunately unlike V's release (which appears to be based on and using the file structure from the iOS release) this version is using the Android release which essentially requires the developer to "zip" up extra data such as sprites/movies/sounds/etc into a container file (.obb) which can optionally be encrypted, and it appears that's what they did.

So unfortunately someone smarter than me will have to figure out how to go about doing sprite replacement in this release.

Salsa

for reference this is the theatre I ussually go to

k5CRoEF.png

I might just dig the personal feel of that small place man

here's hopin

zkylon

zkylewd

yea i dunno i wasn't planning on do the premiere thing but they ask me i come

hope it's not terrible, i didn't really pay much attention to the trailers or anything

also i always get 3d, i don't even like it that much but u know it makes the cinema feel a bit more special

The marketing stranglehold got you. I might be your friend. Then again, my reason is i hate cramped movie theaters. Ehhh kotor2 is about as good as Star Wars stories get imo so im not too eager to see it.
yeah i just got asked to go with ppl so whatever, i'll go :p

Dr Dogg

Hahaha, oh Squenix. I really want a chat with one of their outsourcing devs to ask them is they're sure they know what they're doing. So obviously you want to constrain your aspect ratio in a pixel art game so not to completely ruin everything and that's generally been achieved on their past launches. Of course with FFV featuring arbitrary resolution support you could end up with plenty of rending resolutions and aspect ratios the game really shouldn't support. Fair dos this is done for compatibility and plenty of indie titles do this too (Shovel Knight for example does not scale correctly unless you have a display resolution of a multiple of 400x240) but FFV constrained either the x or y axis and adjusted the resolution to suit. Now with FFVI featuring predefined resolutions you'd expect a little care taken in selecting ones that scale in a linear fashion to preserve the image per each setting and for those who have the unhealthy obsession with filling every bit of space on the screen full screen is an option. But this is what the game has (among others of course).
720x480
23168147973_e7208f13ce_o.png

800x480
23686511112_75256e93d6_o.png

848x480
23166815874_08c6c59034_o.png
For the astute among you, notice how every one of them is actually just 720x480 but with the latter 2 window boxed respectively in line with the additional horizontal resolution. So that's 2 resolutions which are just pointless. As a bonus here's this too...
Now you can have the authentic PAL experience with a sixth of the screen taken up with letterboxing. Funnily you might recognise 720x480 and 720x576 as yes they're the NTSC and PAL broadcast formats for widescreen content. I wouldn't be surprised if background art is still designed for the non square 256x224 NTSC SNES resolution and then butched horribly by this game. The quest for perfectly scalable pixel art games on PC continues...

Knurek

The quest for perfectly scalable pixel art games on PC continues...

I mean, Lotte's CRT shader (and further improvements upon it, like CRT-easymode, CRT-caligari, etc) exist already...
Squeenix, just bloody render at 256x224 with proper PAR and then just use any of the above to match the display resolution and aspect ratio.
How hard is that?

FloatOn

Fuck waiting. The internet is already a minefield and only a small amount of people have seen it so far. I might avoid the internet all together tomorrow.

I used to be bothered by spoilers but then I realized knowing something ahead of time doesn't diminish my overall enjoyment it just makes it different.

If I know ahead of time that I'm going to have pizza for dinner I'm still going to enjoy that pizza when I eat it.

Dr Dogg

I mean, Lotte's CRT shader (and further improvements upon it, like CRT-easymode, CRT-caligari, etc) exist already...
Squeenix, just bloody render at 256x224 with proper PAR and then just use any of the above to match the display resolution and aspect ratio.
How hard is that?

So hard next to no one making commercial games does it. But every emulator worth their salt (which these days is pretty much all of them) get this right every time.

I used to be bothered by spoilers but then I realized knowing something ahead of time doesn't diminish my overall enjoyment it just makes it different.

If I know ahead of time that I'm going to have pizza for dinner I'm still going to enjoy that pizza when I eat it.

I recall the discussion about 'does spoilers fuck with your enjoyment?' here before. I'm firmly in the 'Yes' camp for story based entertainment. Movies, Games, Books, etc.

I get your pizza example, but i'll tell you if I get pizza and I didn't know I was getting pizza....I'm pretty fucking stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom