• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

So, I wasn't going to get the NeoGeo HB as I already owned most of the Steam stuff, but since it added Ironclad and KOF 2002, I finally decided to grab it and giveaway the rest to you guys <3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH -- MB-763546AE203182D3 - Taken by gurm3n. 6 entrants total.
METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-6F8673D3A46464B4 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
METAL SLUG X -- MB-7901D2209142083B - Taken by Belgarion. 15 entrants total.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-328E4A046C9BE078 - Taken by Deques. 6 entrants total.

t1450312151z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Pleasant surprise that FFVI is 60 FPS. Most of the mobile ports (and really, FF games on Steam in general) seem to run in the 15-30 FPS range.

Between that and Lightning Returns, seems like someone learned what framerate was, even if they screwed up in other areas stil..

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Don't you mean phantom brave?

But yes, that, danganronpa, Stranger of Sword City and i think one or two other games as well (Plus the banned one).

I'm just kinda surprised how fast other devs have been putting up their games on steam since then, like GG XRD, but not even an official announcement coming from them.
Danganronpa can be published by Spike Chunsoft if NISA's localization is in their ownership. (E.g. Neptunium)

Pleasant surprise that FFVI is 60 FPS. Most of the mobile ports (and really, FF games on Steam in general) seem to run in the 15-30 FPS range.

Between that and Lightning Returns, seems like someone learned what framerate was, even if they screwed up in other areas stil..

I'll let them make the mistakes now, if it means their porting team will have the experiences to make good ports from now on.

Yes I expect no resolution lock, no DRM, 60fps FFX/X-2 port. Don't care if they charge me $30 or more.

And FFXV better run well

Kagemusha

Roberts Space Industry doesn't want to place my order. Fine. I'll keep my money. You'd think with $100 million they'd actually work on the one process of the game that makes them money.

Dr Dogg

Roberts Space Industry doesn't want to place my order. Fine. I'll keep my money. You'd think with $100 million they'd actually work on the one process of the game that makes them money.

I had to go into my account page and then under Billing and Subscriptions to finalise my order that way. I was just getting the green 'Processing Order' notification flashing at me otherwise.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Tomb Raider boss Darrell Gallagher quits Crystal Dynamics after six years at the top

Crystal Dynamics studio head Darrell Gallagher, who also served as Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix, was announced to be departing the company today after being with Crystal Dynamics for a decade, and at the top since January of 2009. Scot Amos and Ron Rosenberg have stepped in as co-heads of the studio.

The move was announced via a post on the official Tomb Raider blog earlier today. Phil Rogers, Square Enix's CEO, had this to say:

"Today Darrell Gallagher announced that he is moving on from Square Enix at the end of this year. Darrell became head of Crystal Dynamics back in 2009, led that studio to reboot the Tomb Raider franchise, and for the last 3 years he has led our western studios. I want to thank him for his tremendous effort and contribution to Square Enix, along with the amazing entertainment he has helped create. I am sad to see him go but respect his decision and we should all celebrate the sheer blood, sweat and tears he has put into our company over the last 10 years! We are excited for him and his family on their next chapter. We wish them the best of luck in the future."

Meanwhile Scot Amos, whose been a producer a Crystal Dynamics before this, issued this statement:

"I’ve been at Crystal Dynamics for an amazing 5 years, most recently as an Executive Producer on Rise of the Tomb Raider. I’ve been in the industry for 24 years, and immediately prior to joining Crystal I worked at EA’s Visceral and Maxis studios. While I greatly enjoyed my time there, Crystal had the allure of being on the verge of a dramatic rebirth. This was both in its work to reboot an iconic gaming franchise with Tomb Raider 2013, and also culturally refocusing as a studio that puts the player’s quality gaming experience first. It’s been a fantastic creative challenge that I’m proud to say we’ve risen to achieve. Looking to the future, I’m thrilled to take the next steps of growing our studio and expanding our portfolio, while continuing to foster an environment where our developers can learn and grow as they craft beloved products."

And lastly Ron Rosenburg, also a producer since 2009, said this:

"I joined Crystal in 2008, drawn by my dream to work on a Tomb Raider game. I’ve gained experience as a pivotal contributor on the Tomb Raider refresh, as well as championing the studio’s vision for a “digital short” that became Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light. I’ve been working in high tech and gaming for 20 years, including time at Mad Doc Software, now known as Rockstar New England. As an independent developer, I had the opportunity to work with and learn from many different publishers and developers across the industry. I love making great games with great people and Crystal offers both of those things. We’re always working to make the best game we can for our players, and I’m excited to take this even further in my new role."

Oddly, there wasn't anything from Darrell himself, though he won't be actually gone until the new year. The timing of his departure makes sense, with Crystal Dynamics having recently finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider, and him helping put out Just Cause 3 in the last few weeks as well. Good luck to him in the future!

Mixed2k

Is there anything on Steam similar to o Fire Emblem, FFT, Tactics Ogre, and all the others that are usually on consoles? I know Disgaea is comming but it's the only one I know of.

strafer

Jeepers! Played half an hour DeadCore. Everything moves so fast, I got dizzy *~*

With many things I like, I overdid it with Souls this year. Played DS1 then DS2+DLC then DS1NG+. With only 2-3 games in between. Feeling burnt out.
Gonna try out some other games but not sure which. Maybe watching a movie would be better.
---

TNG is pretty dope though. Might be worth it lol

At least you got something nice.

I got this fucking thing.

Thanks Steam

uijoIeI.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ShipLord -- MB-C81D9E676B0C68E4 - Taken by Mixed2k
Store Manager: Cellular Edition -- MB-12C0E74F6602A39A - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Is there anything on Steam similar to o Fire Emblem, FFT, Tactics Ogre, and all the others that are usually on consoles? I know Disgaea is comming but it's the only one I know of.

Check out Banner Saga. There's also Valkyria Chronicles if you aren't already familiar with it.

Annubis

Prices didn't update mysteriously, and I don't think paying CDN on steam incurs a conversion fee or anything on your CC. So what changed exactly?

You get the conversion if the seller didn't put the fixed price in $CAN.

EDIT: Nobody posted in 30 entire seconds or so? This thread is dead.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Dark Souls 3 system requirements revealed

Back in November, we learned that Dark Souls 3 will get not just one, but two separate, swanky collector's editions. Earlier this month came confirmation of the release date. And now, with the announcement of the system requirements, the triumvirate is complete.

The "You Died" spec:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor: AMD® A8 3870 3,6 Ghz or Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 3.1Ghz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 465 / ATI Radeon TM HD 6870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

The "You Died, But That's a Pretty Nice PC You've Got There" spec:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
  • Processor: AMD® FX 8150 3.6 GHz or Intel® Core™ i7 2600 3.4 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750, ATI Radeon™ HD 7850
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

Dark Souls 3 will be out on April 12, 2016, which gives you plenty of time to upgrade your system in preparation for "You Died," and also to read our Dark Souls 3 hands-on from August, in which Wes found the game to be "more of the same," but not necessarily in a bad way. Also, he died.

Knurek

Dark Souls 3 Recommended System Specs:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
Processor: AMD® FX 8150 3.6 GHz or Intel® Core&#8482; i7 2600 3.4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750, ATI Radeon&#8482; HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 sound device

//EDIT: Nobody beats Iashman.

Six clicks for me, figured it would have taken more but

Also looks like I could just meet the recommended specs for DSIII if I ever try overclocking my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom