• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Isn't Star Citizen one of those Buy your ship with real life money deals or can you get ships other ways? One of the things that pushed me away from Eve Online was that I think if your ship gets destroyed you're just out whatever money you put in?
In the finished game you will be able to get ships with the in-game currency you earn BH doing stuff. Although if you do buy a ship now(which includes the game with it) you also get lifetime insurance for it, so you will never lose it.

Volimar

In the finished game you will be able to get ships with the in-game currency you earn BH doing stuff. Although if you do buy a ship now(which includes the game with it) you also get lifetime insurance for it, so you will never lose it.

Oh that's neat. I need to look into this then, thanks.

Salsa

5L0HDfs.png

if that's me then jasec interstellar travel confirmed

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bubsy Two-Fur Arrives on Steam Tomorrow!

Bubsy Two-Fur is releasing tomorrow, December 17, 2015!

In commemoration of this momentous occasion, Bubsy insisted that official Bubsy T-shirts be made, which are now available from Amazon.

And now for some Q&A! Here's the answers to some of the most common questions we've received since the start of our Greenlight campaign.

Q: Who are you, and why have you done this?
A: Retroism is Tommo Inc.'s publishing brand for retro games. We publish digital download editions of classic games from MicroProse, Infogrames, GT Interactive, Accolade and more! We're bringing Bubsy back so more people can experience his original games for themselves, and because we think he deserves another shot.

Q: Do you really own the rights to Bubsy?
A: Yes! We purchased the Bubsy IP and the Accolade Brand in Atari's bankruptcy auction in 2013.

Q: Will the Bubsy Two-Fur come with Steam Trading Cards?
A: Yes, trading cards will be available from day one!

Q: What about Bubsy's other games? Will you be doing anything with 'Fractured Furry Tales' or 'Bubsy 3-D'?
A: Purr-haps. Much will depend on the reception and feedback from Bubsy Two-Fur.

Q: Is Bubsy's return a sign of the apocalypse?
A: Pretty sure that's a no, but who really knows? People seem to like post-apocalyptic games, so if anything that just means we'll have more of those.

Q: What does the future hold for Bubsy?
A: If we told you, we'd have to...well, let's just say there's more in the works, but we don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Bubsy Two-Fur features:
  • Faithful emulation of the SNES version of both games packaged together in a single executable, letting you relive the games in their original glory smoothly on modern machines.
  • Save anywhere, any time: 9 available save slots per game so you can make your own checkpoints any place or time you want, meaning no need to type in passwords to restore your progress.
  • Two controllers can be configured for keyboard or game pads for co-op and competitive local multiplayer in Bubsy II.
  • ‘Paws’ the emulation at any time to help you save or load the game at the exact frame you want.
  • Steam Trading Cards featuring exquisite Bubsy comic book art.

Arthea

the hell? How you just put a new Homeworld for preorder like it's nothing, a new dev, we know nothing about a game, the hell, I ask
and releasing in January already, it has "disaster" written all over

also the hell is Blackbird Interactive? I don't think I've ever heard about them.

Well, China and Taiwan feel they are the REAL china and the other is just a poser that will be under their control some day.
Nah, it ain't the 60s anymore. We are so sick of Chinese government oppression that most of us don't even identify ourselves as Chinese.

If you are really interested, I can tell you more.

the hell? How you just put a new Homeworld for preorder like it's nothing, a new dev, we know nothing about a game, the hell, I ask
and releasing in January already, it has "disaster" written all over

also the hell is Blackbird Interactive? I don't think I've ever heard about them.

They are ex relic devs (the ones who were making Shipbreakers)

Nah, it ain't the 60s anymore. We are so sick of Chinese government oppression that most of us don't even identify ourselves as Chinese.

If you are really interested, I can tell you more.

My girlfriend back in the 1980s was from Taiwan and her whole family were were still of that old mind set. Thats the only reason I know about it.

Arthea

shoot, totally forgot about gmg and bought FF6 on steam too, it could have saved me couple of euros for upcoming sale
not that I will ever refund it

oh well

They are ex relic devs (the ones who were making Shipbreakers)

oh, I didn't know
that's more reassuring, but still, stealth releases and announcements is not a way to go these days, granted, we knew a new Homewold is being made, but that's about all we knew, unless I missed all fireworks and buzz

shoot, totally forgot about gmg and bought FF6 on steam too, it could have saved me couple of euros for upcoming sale
not that I will ever refund it

oh well

oh, I didn't know
that's more reassuring, but still, stealth releases and announcements is not a way to go these days, granted, we knew a new Homewold is being made, but that's about all we knew, unless I missed all fireworks and buzz

Yeah, it's pretty strange. Looks like Gearbox is basically sending them out to die.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really appreciate how the psychonauts 2 campaign on fig has been so chill compared to most kickstarters

it's maybe on a daily update but they're mostly short and often come with cool videos so it's ok

Arthea

Yeah, it's pretty strange. Looks like Gearbox is basically sending them out to die.

everything about this release is wrong, releasing in January when nobody buys anything - check, no promotions, previews, interviews (the heck I didn't even know that Relic is making it) - all check. Seriously, what's wrong with Gearbox?

everything about this release is wrong, releasing in January when nobody buys anything - check, no promotions, previews, interviews (the heck I didn't even know that Relic is making it) - all check. Seriously, what's wrong with Gearbox?

Well, I have an answer for that question:

Randy

Grief.exe

Maybe for console, but January is a pretty good month to release on Steam. Really every month seems fairly solid, with the exception of July.

CVni4NsWcAAAU0P.png:large

CVni5P0WUAAjPub.png:large

CVni6N2XAAAs1r7.png:large

Arthea

Maybe for console, but January is a pretty good month to release on Steam. Really every month seems fairly solid, with the exception of July.

sales.data

I have this suspicion that January sales only are as good as winter sales ending in January, nobody has any money after to buy anything.

Well maybe not nobody, but you get my meaning.

Here's a strange one, Steam keys for The Body Changer have suddenly popped up in groupees almost a year after the devs said they wouldn't be honoring bundle deals.

It was in Be Mine 11, among others, which sold an extraordinary 41k copies! The bundle bubble has truly burst.

nPtuBCa.jpg

took me 3 clicks
Same. 3 clicks.
Mid-January to February are going to be very expensive for me
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
  • The Witness
  • Xcom 2
  • Firewatch
  • Stellaris (assuming it is coming in Feb as I've heard on the grape vine)
Dragon's Dogma, Witness and Firewatch for me! Though I'll wait for good prices.
Tbh even it if was only DD releasing, it would be a great month ;)
Dat webm is going to hunt me in my dreams o_o
DS2 was such a huge step-up in performance compared to DS1. Maybe developing a game with PC in mind from the get-go does indeed do wonders for that version. I can only imagine DS3 running like a breeze.

Arthea

stop clicking on me and stalking Palm Desert guys, I suppose steam servers stopped responding because of this!

Talking about a sale being really close already, do we have confirmation that will be no daily deals, for reals? I thought last time we had info only about Autumn, no?

MUnited83

For you.
stop clicking on me and stalking Palm Desert guys, I suppose steam servers stopped responding because of this!

Talking about a sale being really close already, do we have confirmation that will be no daily deals, for reals? I thought last time we had info only about Autumn, no?

It's for the Winter Sale as well. Daily deals are dead.

Lain

Don't worry, Ubi will give us daily deals like they did in the autumn sale. They'll put some of their titles on sale for just 2 days.

Arthea

It's for the Winter Sale as well. Daily deals are dead.

I might manage to have all time low cost winter sale after all, just as planned. (always get carried away by flash and daily deals, now when they are out of the picture...) I guess, I should thank valve for this, otoh, their mobile delinquency negates it.

Jawmuncher

Oh yeah we're getting locked for the winter sale. Time for that community interaction and trying to get new members. Actually with the way the sales are now, it benefits us. With no daily deals, we're basically just taking a break on gaming side for a bit. Since the last sale thread was pretty light due to no dailies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Oh yeah we're getting locked for the winter sale. Time for that community interaction and trying to get new members. Actually with the way the sales are now, it benefits us. With no daily deals, we're basically just taking a break on gaming side for a bit. Since the last sale thread was pretty light due to no dailies.

So all our fluff will get banned because it's off topic in that timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom