• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, GAF, prepare to get schwifty in here.

I have five beta keys for my game, Army of Tentacles: A Cthulhu Dating Sim. I know that you chuckleheads will go for it if it is a giveaway. I'm looking for five dedicated peeps to tell me when the game fucks up. Some of you will get detailed instructions, others of you will be allowed to play with yourselves. PM me once you get the key for instructions on how to be able to access the beta on Steam.

Make no mistake, gentlemen and/or ladies, you will be heroes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cthulhu Dating Sim Beta Key Blue -- MB-AC5489ED966E4C1B - Taken by pantsattack
Cthulhu Dating Sim Beta Key Alpha -- MB-B37416F277FA05D7 - Taken by Man Puncher
Cthulhu Dating Sim Beta Key Beta -- MB-95E0A40BC41E2196 - Taken by rainking187
Cthulhu Dating Sim Beta Key Charle -- MB-03C6DD240FBBAD5B - Taken by ExoSoul
Ctthulhu Dating Sim Beta Key Echo -- MB-910AB3B9964FAD12 - Taken by Servizio

ExoSoul

Banned
Man, Dragon's Dogma is garbage on PS3. Not sure how I put 100 hours into it, lol. Upgrading to super high end video cards in the past two years has changed me.

Has anyone managed to finish Bioshock Infinite on 1998 mode? Was thinking about a replay and I already beat it on hard so that seems the way to go.

Did it on the PS3, if you go for optimal plasmid/weapon build you'll be fine

zkylon

zkylewd
Man, Dragon's Dogma is garbage on PS3. Not sure how I put 100 hours into it, lol. Upgrading to super high end video cards in the past two years has changed me.

Has anyone managed to finish Bioshock Infinite on 1998 mode? Was thinking about a replay and I already beat it on hard so that seems the way to go.
i got up until the last zeppelin thing and got tired of it

i didn't find the game to be more enjoyable on 1998 mode tbh, the combat on infinite was more about the spectable than the substance and the mechanics don't scale that well with difficulty, unlike regular bioshock in which difficulty made scavenging and conserving ammo and eve and healthpacks way more important and made encounters in general have more decisionmaking to them

Tizoc

Mods are starting to pop up.
3-3-1450286111.jpg

1-0-1450216198.jpg

2-2-1449874213.jpg

Nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When does dd go up for sale? The day it is released?

There will be a pre-purchase period, so it may show up as a highlighted deal on the first day of the Winter Sale a la Dead Rising 3 and last year's Summer Sale.

…Oh, you… You're no Hollow, eh? …Thank goodness… I'm done for, I'm afraid… I'll die soon, then lose my sanity… I wish to ask something of you… You and I, we're both Undead… Hear me out, will you?

FUCK FROMSOFT FOR REMOVING OSCAR'S CONTENT

Got me a mechanical keyboard for the first time earlier tonight. I like the feel of it. It's not the best thing ever though. Logitech G710. Yes, yes before you say it:
"Logitech"
"Gaming anything. lol"

It's not bad.
24 hours til i watch star wars
At the earliest >.>

There is a lightsaber in it.

Sorry for the spoiler.

titch

just under 7.5 hours for me to TFA - think i am going internet dark.

Saying that was walking to my office at work(in a school) and it goes like this.

Lad 1 - Steven have you seen the new star wars move yet

Lad 2 - Mumble mumble

Lad 1 - Oh did you you know spoiler spoiler spoiler.

Me - Aw eff. :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Something, something nobody reads my posts
alway wanted to say that :p

Btw, star wars was great fun, but I can see why some people have problems with the movie after sleeping over it... That's all I say and sorry for more OT SW talk :)

Tizoc

Everybody get Legend of Dark Witch that goes double for shackles, Dusk Golem and Durante :p
It's an easy to pick up and play game but canbe challenging.
Make sure to meddle a little with the options since the FOV of the area is important to avoid hazards.
Oh and on normal diff. and higher there are no life recovery items
Just as it should be.

Got me a mechanical keyboard for the first time earlier tonight. I like the feel of it. It's not the best thing ever though. Logitech G710. Yes, yes before you say it:
"Logitech"
"Gaming anything. lol"

It's not bad.

There is a lightsaber in it.

Sorry for the spoiler.

It's OK.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unium -- MB-7EE922DBE2C35724 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Demented -- MB-419019264FB30A8A - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Aero's Quest -- MB-EADFE1B43E33686B - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
AoF World Online -- MB-6B2DD5F5BFD69EE8 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Desert Ashes -- MB-2BA8CF526F35E5B7 - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.

t1450347614z1.png

The Letter J

Dr Dogg

Console gaming or more over their champions appear to have taken a bit of a shoeing the past few days. Don't know why anyone gets so bent out of shape, just play on what system makes you happy with the games you want to play. Every single platform has advantages and disadvantages that can align to a persons wants and needs with only the more belligerent types ignoring or not understanding this. To be fair consoles as they were, cutting edge tech, simple plug and play gaming, with no barriers between you and the game have had their lines blurred further and further as technology moves on and an internet connected box became the norm.

Although it would probably cost you £100 you could go pick up a copy of Chrono Trigger, pop it in you SNES and from the moment you flip the switch you're in the game. Now take most games on PS4/XO, first you have to install a portion of them (waay less on PS4), then there's the possibility of various patches, and of course consoles aren't the top dog in terms of tech so there are compromises made here and there which can lead to an inconsistent performance that you are able to do very little about. I don't think the mobile phone model is a good one either (as the premise in that thread is closer to that platform than PC) because sooner or later you get to the point where titles aren't compatible with older iterations due to lack of power and you current games hardly if ever take advantage of the extra hardware due to the way they were made at the time. Unless games would be made truly flexible and scalable for future hardware (which is probably isn't such an easy task as you might think) then it's kind of pointless in that space.

Kyougar

All those passive aggressive defending of Console Gaming is the sign that they feel threatened.

And I always roll my eyes when I see the "Exclusives" mentioned. Last year PC had ten times the exclusives with a Metacritic above 75 than any Console. Durante posted that image yesterday.

If we would be posting that image in that thread to debunk the generalization of "Duh! Exclusives!" We would be bombarded with angry posts about derailing the Thread. They should write Exclusives that they like and not just say Exclusives. but arguing that point is pointless.

Dr Dogg

Most the the 'discussion' has turned to a parody in of itself with half the participants in such threads just taking the piss to try and rile up the crowd. How some folks take this stuff so seriously and try and argue against positions that are obviously bananas I'll never know. Do they see Andrew House, Phil Spencer and Reggie as their mates they need to stick up for?

Can we stop going with this Us vs Them narrative? there will always be fanboys on both sides so let's not be blind and paint millions of people with the same brush.

And to be honest the fanboyism here is getting toxic. Every page or two there is someone saying "lol console gaming" or "oh no Sony fans are unbearable"

Anteater

gaming side would have their mind blown if they find out there are people that buy a thing called Macintosh over building a pc, and they refresh every now and then

Kyougar

Can we stop going with this Us vs Them narrative? there will always be fanboys on both sides so let's not be blind and paint millions of people with the same brush.

And to be honest the fanboyism here is getting toxic. Every page or two there is someone saying "lol console gaming" or "oh no Sony fans are unbearable"

THEY are the Problem! Not WE!

Dr Dogg

Never going to happen, especially in the land of the internet. Ignorance is bliss in my eyes but it's hard to avoid on a popular forum like GAF. I mean this is a hobby I do for enjoyment, not some point scoring exercise where I take every little 'victory' as a rousting success and take 'defeat' to heart that I'm then out for revenge. Bang on about which platform has the more exclusives all you want but you're not playing Uncharted, Infamous, The Order etc on any platform but a Sony one. Likewise with Nintendo's IPs and until Microsoft starts to do what they've said they'd do you're not playing Halo, Gears (bar their previous PC versions and Gears Ultimate and Halo Wars 2 when they come), Forza etc on another platform either. If these games matter to you and you have a keen interest in them then any other platform can have infinite number of exclusives and it won't matter one bit. Arguing with lists and numbers really gets away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom