• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

Can we stop going with this Us vs Them narrative? there will always be fanboys on both sides so let's not be blind and paint millions of people with the same brush.

My neighbor has a 10 year old nephew that asked her (my neighbor) if I was a gamer. She told him yes, and that it is what I do for a profession in teaching. He then asked "What consoles does he have?" She replied "I think he mostly plays on his computer." The little boy's response: "Oh, he's a PC gamer."

I had to chuckle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Demented -- MB-19D3734EB978BFF3 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Nightfall: Escape -- MB-77F96F9565510490 - Taken by NingenJanai
Desert Ashes -- MB-B8EFB90B9932EC70 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Chariot

It's amusing.
PS4 and PC dancing around each other, fighting for the second place like it means a damn. Just stand down and enjoy your inferiority in the shadow of the master. Why do you fight, when you will never reach the enlightment that is PS Vita? Just kneel before it's might. Rub it, move your fingers softly around it's buttons and blow it's cartridge for no reason. After tens of dozens of updates it became more stable than an atom, more updated than Wonder Woman's origin story and more LCD than LSD. Vita - our divine protector and goddess.

Sarcasm

All those passive aggressive defending of Console Gaming is the sign that they feel threatened.

And I always roll my eyes when I see the "Exclusives" mentioned. Last year PC had ten times the exclusives with a Metacritic above 75 than any Console. Durante posted that image yesterday.

If we would be posting that image in that thread to debunk the generalization of "Duh! Exclusives!" We would be bombarded with angry posts about derailing the Thread. They should write Exclusives that they like and not just say Exclusives. but arguing that point is pointless.

What picture?

Dr Dogg

I use WinDirStat.

Cheers! Time to find where my missing 10gb went from yesterday.

Also Guilty Gear Xrd patch, despite being mammoth in size, really fixed the UI/HUD filtering and scaling (was slightly perceivable on characters too at bonkers resolutions) so it's even more glorious now!

Messiah

Nice! I'm quite glad to see them fixing some of the complaints.

ArcSys has been quite good with longtime support of their recent releases, actually. They even fixed up that botched dotemu Battle Fantasia port.

Meanwhile europe hasn't gotten a single patch for Xrd's console version.

The Star Wars official thread is now full of idiots giving spoilerish impressions. Didn't read any of them but it sucks that less and less of the Internet can keep it in their fucking pants for at least a weekend.
Is Undertale good or is it "hipster good?"
You're asking a thread filled with LiS fanatics. You'll get no clear answer here

Glasses Geralt is cannon right?

uglywitcherjwu90.png

That Geralt is a bad man, especially in those glasses.

Dr Dogg

It's rare that we see PC hand in a truly transformative experience compared to the console versions

WTF are you on, Eurogamer?
It's rare not to see a truly transformative experience on PC.

Ctrl + F Cloth = 0 results

Ctrl + F UI Scaling = 0 results

Thorough analysis right there. 2 pretty obvious issues that I caught within 5 mins of playing the game. Alright Flandy gave us a heads up on the first but I clocked improper UI elements and constrained overlays and prerendered cinematics when you have a non 16:9 resolution as your highest system res.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JaseC usually makes the sale threads when Salsa's not around.

Or I could do it since it's really just this thread but on gaming side.

Dr Dogg

Y'all gonna have to fight Jase for it. I propose a competition of who owns the most games on Steam makes the sale thread.
Congratz textonly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom