• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I've been using this as my profile background for a long time, maybe I should change it.

xrNU0c6.jpg

I moved away from minus way before gaf embedding stopped working because of how they just kept making it worse and worse with dumb shit.

I mostly use imgur when quality doesn't matter, sta.sh (deviantart) and my own hosting when quality does matter. Some people like flickr, but I can't stand their interface.

Dr.Acula

Banned
SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

abload doesn't work well with google too, my friends have to copy and past using hangout

they're all shiiiiit

I save everything to photobucket, and upload them to imgur to post here (Photobucket has *no* bandwidth practically). I guess I could cut out the middle-man and get an imgur acct... naaaaah.

Khronico

Thi4f is.... well... lemme break it down.

+ Looks pretty
+ You can skip all the story bits

- New Garrett is trash compared to old Garrett. New VO doesn't have the same charisma and personality of the old one, he's so generic and uninteresting.
- The story is absolute garbage.
- Laughably easy even on the hardest difficulty.
- World design was clearly constrained by last gen consoles. The world is chopped up into TINY little hubs gated by disguised loading screens.
- You can't jump on command. Such a ridiculously baffling design decision that does nothing but detract from the games complexity.
- Every contextual action uses the same key, which can lead to really frustrating mixups.

It's just so soulless and generic that it's depressing. I'm not a huge thief fan but even I can see how utterly disappointing this game is.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pssht, best backgrounds are those from god blessed Italian indie dev Santa Ragione.

This one is from MirrorMoon EP:

and this other one, proudly backing my profile's ground, is from FOTONICA:

And considering their next game awesome art style, I just can't wait for its backgrounds too!

yea those two are pretty great

Anteater

oh zkylon forgot to ask where did you find that bioshock elizabeth art in your background a while ago? I looked under bioshock inf but it wasn't one of them

Arthea

Pssht, best backgrounds are those from god blessed Italian indie dev Santa Ragione.

This one is from MirrorMoon EP:

and this other one, proudly backing my profile's ground, is from FOTONICA:

And considering their next game awesome art style, I just can't wait for its backgrounds too!

that's gemifying material right here

just pulling your leg, not my thing, too little space and lightplay

zkylon

zkylewd
lol that's hilariouss

The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above the 2,500 mark for the first time, at 2,510.04.

Konami releases Metal Gear (video game) in Japan for the MSX2.

Australian Prime Minister Robert Hawke's government is re-elected for a third term.

World population is estimated to have reached five billion people, according to the United Nations.

Palestinian cartoonist Naji Salim al-Ali is shot in London; he dies August 28.

i'm gonna go with my parents loved metal gear a whole lot

Copons

that's gemifying material right here

just pulling your leg, not my thing, too little space and lightplay

Lol I totally forgot about the gems thing. Are they still useful for something?

Also, yeah you have a pretty bad taste and/or you're a bad person.
And just saying, Santa Ragione Steam backgrounds aren't even their best artworks.
I downloaded all their cards images and often use them as Win desktop wallpapers.
Like, the original art for the MMEP background, used for one of its cards, works amazing as a wallpaper, and I love the shade of red that Win infers from it and uses as the OS highlight color.

Woah, this can't be real. Tried Dishonored at 1440p and it was rock-solid 60fps. Cranked it up for giggles to 4K, not expexting much and still super solid 60fps. What scorcery is this? o_O

No AA is needed even at this resolution. Not being able to see any jaggies is a very new experience. This will be my first 4K gaming experience it seems. (Downsampled to 1080p).

Anteater

Woah, this can't be real. Tried Dishonored at 1440p and it was rock-solid 60fps. Cranked it up for giggles to 4K, not expexting much and still super solid 60fps. What scorcery is this? o_O

No AA is needed even at this resolution. Not being able to see any jaggies is a very new experience. This will be my first 4K gaming experience it seems. (Downsampled to 1080p).

some games from last gen run at super high res, I remember dead space was one of them on a mid range card

Copons

wow card looks so much better

Yeah, they have this ugly habit of darkening or cutting out the middle part of the background artworks for the sake of, I guess, readability of the profile feed, but it doesn't make any sense as the profile feed container already has an half transparent background to improve readability!

Dr Dogg

Dishonored Definitive Edition on XO and PS4 is 1920x1080@30 :p

To be fair I've not looked at it on them to see how much more it's doing or looked at the PC version and see what CPU utilisation is like.

Kriken

It's amazing what can be done with Dishonored at current gen hardware, really makes the definitive edition look like more of a joke

dex3108

You can go even higher. I can rock that game at 4K/60FPS with my GTX 760 :D

MUnited83

For you.

Hardly surprising, the game has always ran on a toaster without issues :p. Hell, you can probably even go higher than 4K!

Red Hood

Banned
IS COD BLOPS3 free week-end related to MP only, or can I play the campaign too?

You probably already had an answer by now, but yes, it's multiplayer only. No campaign, no zombies. And since I got no sound, even after rebooting, I've deleted it a few minutes later.

Dr Dogg

Something about Red Bull readers just doesn't feel right. Now Red Bull drinkers... yeah that shit is horrible no matter how much vodka or Jaegermeister you add to take the taste of it away.

You should open a thread in Gaming about it, because I kinda feel my next couple of boring work days could totally use a new discussion over the "definitive" word meaning.

I'm not getting banned for Christmas!

Chariot

Thinking of picking up Arkham Knight. Is the performance still really bad? Running a 970.
As far as I heard, nothing changed. You might get lucky since some people didn't have many issues to begin with, but you might get not. You will also support a generally trash port. that may work for some, but accompanied by the mean spirit of trash porting.

i know i am so late to the party, but finished ep 2 of life is strange. such a roller-coaster ride. will try to beat the others tomorrow. i just hope i didnt make any really bad choices.
I blamed nathan, how fucked am i? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom