• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
f848eb1316.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
alright bought dying light, not sure if i'll like it but i want to give it a shot

there's some stuff that sounds kind of stalker-y to me so i always want to try that out

edit: ooo 17 gigs? now this is a game

Red Bull's reader's choice for TOP 10 games in 2015

I went in that thread just to see what nonsense did another non gaming web page wrote. But i was shocked when i saw the list. List is actually good guys and girls!!!
I only align my gaming tastes with Red Bull readers one's.
EVO Moment 37 recreated in SFV

Pretty damn cool to see it again really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS5peqApgUA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ

That's cool but man the original footage has some damn charm to it. Gives me chills every time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why is there no hype for the steam sale?

I think everyone's still kinda bummed that there aren't any daily sales. Hopefully we'll get some kind of interesting metagame though!

Uzzy

4K is all nice but I won't really miss going back to 1080p. I can barely recognize differences while playing after all. I'm still very interested in 1440p/4K monitors though but really only for everything non-gaming. The real estate coupled with a big size would be pretty neat.
Reminded me a lot of Killzone.
Not sure if the high resolution causes the weird pattern on the light-shafts.
The art direction really is carrying the visuals more than high polygon counts or many snazzy effects. It fits well and is a looker.

Nah I'm fine. :p The upload process was messing up but here you go.
506a8bd155.gif
Great work, but there is also a video version of this without the news ticker at the bottom:
wait, wrong video link, but I have seen one in good quality, I'm still searching to find it again...

Would be better for making the gif, no?

Uzzy

The art direction really is carrying the visuals more than high polygon counts or many snazzy effects. It fits well and is a looker.

Yeah, Dishonoured's art style and aesthetics really worked for me. There's something great about the Victorian industrial nightmare in games.

Sarcasm

I don't miss the dailies. I mean I think they should have done 12 hour dailies instead of 4 or w/e because it sucks getting no sleep when you live in a timezone that has a few of them reset at such odd hours.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Why is there no hype for the steam sale?

Vermintide, and Pillars of Eternity season pass. Maybe something from my wishlist if I can find a super deep discount. Possible Dragon's Dogma pre-order if it goes cheap enough, but doubtful from the Steam store.

Lomax

Speaking of deals better on other sites, Shadow of Mordor is $9 on GMG right now, which is the cheapest it has been and no doubt way cheaper than it will be dieing the steam sale.

Uzzy

We've all been through dozens of Steam sales, not to mention sales on the multitudes of other sites out there throughout the year. It's common to see Steam sale level prices at all times, if you know where to look. People new to Steam will still get excited over the sale and the amazingly cheap games everywhere. But I think the majority of people here already own most of what they want.

I'm still excited to recommend games to some folks, but I can only shill for Life is Strange and Transistor so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom