• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Hard Reset looks pretty, but mechanically, it's a really crappy corridor shooter with incredibly narrow corridors at times.

Nabs

the bosses suck tho

and the story was pretty lame. I'd like to see that team get a bigger budget and release another fps since the shooting was so satisfying.

header.jpg

What's funny about this is that the shooting wasn't so great, and the bosses sucked even harder.

But that blade. It won me over. So good.

FloatOn

header.jpg

What's funny about this is that the shooting wasn't so great, and the bosses sucked even harder.

But that blade. It won me over.

oh right! they did do this.

I have it and still haven't played it. I'm a sucker for first person melee so I really should get on this some time.

Messiah

It's basically an OCD thing for me. Like when I look at my library of games I get this sense of shame on so many games that turned out to be fucking garbage:

alpha protocol
batman oranges
revengence
risen 2

etc etc
Opinions and all, but if these are the worst games in your library it must have a very high quality overall.

Ban Puncher

Day thirteen of no internet.

And it's Friday evening now so that's at least two more days of this hellish nightmare because of course assholes don't work weekends.

BXGWRyH.gif

Pachimari

No, both game and launcher are started but you have Steam Overlay on top of them so you can use Screenshot function and other Steam Overlay features.

Look for the executables of the games

I believe you can run Blizzard games directly from their .exe files just fine. However, you'll have to run them from battlenet if there were any patch released. Not sure about Shadow Complex though, but from my experience with mmorpgs (which have their own launchers), you can simply put the launcher (or shortcut) as non-steam game and run it from steam.

People judge others all the time, and some people might feel insecure by that.

Hearthstone is different from other Blizzard games, since the only way to login is the client, so it needs special treatment.
Hmm, it might just be easier starting up the launchers. I have all of the launchers lined up in my Windows 10 Start menu anyway.

Vazduh

Broforce patch:
There's a lot of fixes in Deathmatch. A lot of things didn't work and most are now fixed. The default deathmatch levels should be a lot more fun and definitely look better.

Race mode is out for now, as are the community created deathmatch levels. We'll be putting this back in once Ruan gets back from the Playstation Experience event in San Francisco.

A lot of other little things have changed:
  • There are a few adjustments to campaigns. The dashing covert ops got tweaked a little bit. A couple campaigns got extra levels inserted into them.
  • Flashbangs and the Neurolizer respect doors.
  • Doors collapse when the block above them does (so no floating doors).
  • Sand no longer contains ♥♥♥♥♥ (only the sand in Hell does).
  • A couple people who worked on the game have been added to the credits.
  • I think it's possible to skip the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ scene now.
  • The Humonculous is slightly less prone to dying randomly.
  • The Rail Fortress level has been reworked. It is at least half as cruel as it was before. <- THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AGES AGO, I'M SO SORRY.
  • Some of the pickups used to float in the air, and no longer do so.
  • At least one less menu is dysfunctional.
There have been a lot of other minor improvements since the last content update went live. But these are the ones for this little patch.

Lumine

I really wanted to like Hard Reset, but I couldn't get into it. Can't even remember what the issue was. Perhaps the story or too many enemy waves? Honestly Shadow Warrior suffers from the latter a bit too, but overall I really enjoyed it. Great game, can't wait for the sequel.

Dr Dogg

Deathstroke on I Am The Knight separates the men from the boys. Not that it's much harder than New Game + but die once and you have to start the whole game over. Or in other words 'stop mashing!!!'

Are you serious i cant tell

If only my purchasing mistakes were that good

Whatever you do, don't bring up the Deathstroke fight.

I haven't played AK but none of the batman games have had good boss fights. It's always some clunky jank bullshit that can't be over soon enough.

I do respect Oranges for having a great variety when it comes to those fights, though. You can tell that their hearts were in the right place

Can't figure out how the fuck to even download Shadow Complex.

Fuck this I'm going to bed.
After installing and opening the Epic Games Launcher there is a tab on top dedicated for Shadow Complex. There is a big download button there. You might have encountered server issues but the button not showing would be weird nonetheless.
Happy birthday!

Why is his right hand going under the table in the third panel though...
How can the rubbing part in Monpiece work on PC....hm.

FloatOn

oh I forgot to add the evil within to my gaf darling garbage tier games

but we've had this conversation about a million times now

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
After installing and opening the Epic Games Launcher there is a tab on top dedicated for Shadow Complex. There is a big download button there. You might have encountered server issues but the button not showing would be weird nonetheless.

Yep, that was it. Just woke up and logged in and installed it. Last night there were no buttons at all at the top of their client so it was really confusing.

Big weekend of gaming coming up - I plan on playing Her Story, Undertale, and Shadow Complex.

Knurek

Yep, that was it. Just woke up and logged in and installed it. Last night there were no buttons at all at the top of their client so it was really confusing.

Big weekend of gaming coming up - I plan on playing Her Story, Undertale, and Shadow Complex.

No need to hurry with Shadow Complex - Epic reps confirmed it will stay in your library past the December.

It's just me or Valve changed the "Volume and Autoplay videos" buttons to the center of the player?

I see it on both, Firefox and Steam Client...

Pachimari

I really can't get The Evil Within to work. It did work a few months ago on Windows 10, and I'm still on Windows 10. I have tried disabling display scaling, I have tried running in administrator mode and I have tried adding launch options to the game and nothing works.

It starts up fine but with a really low resolution, and when it the main menu pops up, it shows my desktop instead of the game, and I can't get to see the game again.

my windows 10 upgrade broke bluetooth on my PC. Spent 90 minutes downloading drivers and start and stopping services with no luck.

A small price to have paid for 10 cent halo games

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Psychonauts 2. I can't believe this is going to happen. I'm going to be able to play it in (hopefully) about 3 years. Incredible.

Miff

My Hyperdimension Noire figure arrived today wheeeeeeee....

Anyone here know if this arcade stick is good?

Deques, I meant to reply to the Mushihimesama thread earlier.

I'm also in the market for a stick, but haven't really done much research yet. I did bookmark this site for later though, which I found via the GAF arcade stick thread. Hope that helps you out.

Dr Dogg

Well as long as it's a single point of touch a mouse is waaaay better than any capacitive touch screen. Multitouch on the otherhand is a bit more tricky but there's been 5 point+ multitouch tablets available for close to a decade now.

Also Shadow Complex sort of runs on a HD 4000 iGPU. And I'm using that quite liberally but hey at least you can experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom