• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Yup.
pB9EVRs.jpg

Valve comes prepared.

Sooo...
Does it have haptic feedback?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No need to hurry with Shadow Complex - Epic reps confirmed it will stay in your library past the December.

I know, but it's a great game and I haven't played it in years since Microsoft fucked me out of my Live purchases. I've been hoping that one day it'll come to PC, and that day is today so it feels like the right time.

I'll also buy it on Steam / PS4 when it's released for realsies.

Jawmuncher

Please bring the spark back Dark Souls 3. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 lacked that for me.

Heh. Yeah, I just watched it. Visually reminds me of BB a lot. Combat looks faster than usual. No hype for now though by me. It has major shoes to fill. I rather be pessimistic and positively surprised than hyped and let down.

Lol you'll still sink 300+ hours into it

Dr Dogg

I know, but it's a great game and I haven't played it in years since Microsoft fucked me out of my Live purchases. I've been hoping that one day it'll come to PC, and that day is today so it feels like the right time.

I'll also buy it on Steam / PS4 when it's released for realsies.

It's also got quite a few more achievements too. Alright they're not 'proper' achievements as they're just listed in game under Extras but there was great potiental for SC achievement wise only handycapped by the 12 and 200 points Microsoft was mandating for XBLA titles as the time.

Hektor

This seems a lot more similar to Bloodbourne than Dark Souls 1. I'm not sure how to feel about that since I haven't played Bloodbourne due to not having a PS4.

How are you able to tell then? :p

The Dark Souls 3 Demo (Couldn't play that one mysef) looked simiar to bloodborne in terms of beeing a bit faster than the other souls games, but it stil looks more like souls to me, with the magic, shields, kicking and backstabbing and all.

How are you able to tell then? :p

The Dark Souls 3 Demo (Couldn't play that one mysef) looked simiar to bloodborne in terms of beeing a bit faster than the other souls games, but it stil looks more like souls to me, with the magic, shields, kicking and backstabbing and all.

I watched a play through.

You're right that it does seem to have those things that Bloodbourne lacked but it looked to me like the shield he was carrying wasn't very important, he hardly used it. I was a big user of the shield in Dark Souls 1.

Bloodbourne combat is obviously very far removed from the shield/blocking playstyle. I hope they don't drift too close to it, that said I may actually love Bloodbourne gameplay even more (if only it would come to pc so I could find out...).

Jawmuncher

Bloodborne Gameplay for shield users from Dark Souls. You put a bunch of points in stamina still, just now you dodge and zip all over the place instead of hold the line.

Grief.exe

I love From, one of the best developers of all time, but I can't justify a PS4 for one game. Maybe 2017 or 2018, but I may just skip this generation entirely.

What? It's PSX already?
Can't wait for FFVIIR premiere.

'First on PS4'

You know that PC port is coming in hot.

Square even lied about the Dragon Quest Heroes, 'Sony exclusive in 2015.'

zkylon

zkylewd
Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 probably share the same engine, show art stuff is gonna carry over somewhat.

they obviously do and the 'feel' sort of carries on from one game to the other

i'm sure the final game will have lots of non-bloodborne looking stuff, they're only showing the first few areas

That would be surprising since you have to think Dark Souls brings them a lot of money.

Maybe Sony are paying them enough for the PS4 exclusive Bloodbourne?

I wouldn't be shocked if it's just the last Dark Souls games but not the last Souls games. Maybe we'll see a true sequel to Demon's Souls or something entirely new.

Space Souls anyone?

That would be surprising since you have to think Dark Souls brings them a lot of money.

No, he meant it's gonna be the last Dark Souls game. They haven't said and will definitely make other Souls(-type) games.

Jawmuncher

The fans aren't dumb. They can make a new game called Dark Essence and the fanbase will know it's "souls" inspired just like we saw with Bloodborne. Also there will be another series that Multiplatform. PC makes them too much money. Bloodborne wishes it had that PC money

I wouldn't be shocked if it's just the last Dark Souls games but not the last Souls games. Maybe we'll see a true sequel to Demon's Souls or something entirely new.

Space Souls anyone?

No, he meant it's gonna be the last Dark Souls game. They haven't said and will definitely make other Souls(-type) games.

Oh that makes more sense! I would certainly be interested in Space Souls.

The fans aren't dumb. They can make a new game called Dark Essence and the fanbase will know it's "souls" inspired just like we saw with Bloodborne. Also there will be another series that Multiplatform. PC makes them too much money. Bloodborne wishes it had that PC money

Yeah guess I just wasn't thinking straight.

Hektor

Space Souls anyone?

While the literal comment about Dark Souls 3 being the last game in the franchise was only made in regards to 'Dark Souls', he said that they dont want and cant make more dark souls and bloodborne games, so i assume it was meant in regards to the concept of the games rather than ip's.

If DS3 would be the last soulslike game i would find that to be a good thing, 5 games are more than enough for the time beeing, make something else and comeback a few years later when you got really good ideas to innovate the formular.

MUnited83

For you.
Dark Souls will dip in quality like Armored Core with this milking. Bookmark me.

I don't give a shit, give me more Souls. It has yet to dip in quality so I'm confident it will stay great for quite a while.

While the literal comment about Dark Souls 3 being the last game in the franchise was only made in regards to 'Dark Souls', he said that they dont want and cant make more dark souls and bloodborne games, so i assume it was meant in regards to the concept of the games rather than ip's.

If DS3 would be the last soulslike game i would find that to be a good thing, 5 games are more than enough for the time beeing, make something else and comeback a few years later when you got really good ideas to innovate the formular.
They didn't say anything about Bloodborne. Bloodborne 2 is pretty much a lock at this point lol.

Dr Dogg

Space Souls anyone?

Could be cool. As much as gothic fantasy is a good setting for that type of game after 5 games it's getting a tad tiring for me. Sci Fi themed Souls type game could be fucking crazy.

chronomac

I can see the function being useful for solving not being able to purchase certain game packages, but unwanted games? There's already a hide function, why throw away the +1s?

Some people don't care about the +1s. I know I don't and I'll probably put this to use. If anything it might motivate me to go through everything in my library and dedicate, say, 20-30 minutes to each. I think someone in here challenged them self to do that.

Hektor

They didn't say anything about Bloodborne. Bloodborne 2 is pretty much a lock at this point lol.

Did you read the interview?

Over the last few years we've had a lot of Souls games: Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne. Is there a worry that people may be over-exposed to the franchise?

It'd be a lie if I said I have no concerns about that. I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom