• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't really spent too much time with it to be honest so other than what I put in last moths OT it's a bit early impressions really. Jase and shackles have both posted some decent impressions in this and the last threads about it though.
Hmm, thanks. I have mental filter on for most full priced games on steam.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Steam Marines -- MB-25CDBD9624A0BDC5 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Hook -- MB-79436D92F2AE0630 - Taken by redlacs

Kyougar

l0jGUkj.png

it's ok valve support, thanks for waiting three months to tell me to turn it off and on

I worked for an ISP 7 years ago. We had an E-mail backlog of some 50.000 Mails dating back to half a year. Those were people who couldnt access their internet, or phone was down, Router had hickups etc.

Even if it is shitty for the customer, I loved working on that backlog :>
Either the issue was resolved on phone or the customer never answered back after you took the time to reply after 6 months!!!!111 It was stupid work, if it was just a question, we would answer them (in the defined straightjacket of blocktext predefined answers) or if it was an issue that he customer surely wouldnt wait for an E-mail reply after 6 months and would have called us we would send a "is there still a problem" probing E-Mail.

The best part as a Call-Center Drone on working on this? You still had the same AHT (Average handling time) for every E-Mail regardless if the e-mail was a day or 180 days old. it was even discouraged to write more than the daily quota from our bosses, because we were outsourcer for the ISP and the ISP would cut our AHT if we worked faster.
So what most of us did, was to reply to some E-mails and then chill or surf the net.

Even saying that, if i had written this E-Mail you got, and it would have been screened, I would have gotten in trouble. There is no selfconcious mention of the time delay of replying to the Question. We would have included a "sorry for the delay, if you still have this issue [bla bla bla]"

(I have to really work now though, the project I'm in for 6 years has a first Response rate of 24 hours :/ )

C4rter

Some leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Salammbo: Battle for Carthage -- MB-8FA6D77C280CBE88 - Taken by Kuroyume
Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy -- MB-9ED16D84C835F3AC - Taken by Jawmuncher

zkylon

zkylewd
I worked for an ISP 7 years ago. We had an E-mail backlog of some 50.000 Mails dating back to half a year. Those were people who couldnt access their internet, or phone was down, Router had hickups etc.

Even if it is shitty for the customer, I loved working on that backlog :>
Either the issue was resolved on phone or the customer never answered back after you took the time to reply after 6 months!!!!111 It was stupid work, if it was just a question, we would answer them (in the defined straightjacket of blocktext predefined answers) or if it was an issue that he customer surely wouldnt wait for an E-mail reply after 6 months and would have called us we would send a "is there still a problem" probing E-Mail.

The best part as a Call-Center Drone on working on this? You still had the same AHT (Average handling time) for every E-Mail regardless if the e-mail was a day or 180 days old. it was even discouraged to write more than the daily quota from our bosses, because we were outsourcer for the ISP and the ISP would cut our AHT if we worked faster.
So what most of us did, was to reply to some E-mails and then chill or surf the net.

Even saying that, if i had written this E-Mail you got, and it would have been screened, I would have gotten in trouble. There is no selfconcious mention of the time delay of replying to the Question. We would have included a "sorry for the delay, if you still have this issue [bla bla bla]"

(I have to really work now though, the project I'm in for 6 years has a first Response rate of 24 hours :/ )
i have no idea what any of these words you've said mean but i get it that call centers sucks

I'd re download ESO, but the last time I played it about 2 months ago it would crash to desktop straight away everytime. Nope, not even for $1mil.

Deitus

So I just played Shadow Complex for the first time today, and...
this is the game everyone was raving about?
Really?

It came out at a time where there weren't a million Metroid-style games available. It got a lot of credit for that fact alone.

But even at the time, I found it to highly overrated. It was alright, but nowhere near as good as it was hyped up to be.

gelf

All this Steam game removal talk has just motivated me to flag a lot more games as hidden. Out of sight out of mind is good enough for me.

Hinomura

[Non Steam related - offtopic rant]

Today I got a PS4 C chassis with Bloodborne, both brand new. Updated firmware, updated Bloodborne, bought the DLC, ok time to play... not! BR fun noises and then... Unreadable disk error. Then it works, but, I'm sorry you can't load your save becase installation is not complete.

Googling error codes and similar situation and the hell begins. "Bloodborne messed up because of firmware update", "Disk fails to read because of firmware update", "it's hardware related", "it didn't happened before but now it is this way". And so on.

Solutions: don't attempt to load immediately your save - start a new game and reach the first "light" (no good), clean reinstall Bloodborne (no good), shut ps4 off unplugging everything for a bit of time and restart it (no good), restore your PS4 (no good, after a bit while stealth installing it, br starts making fun noises again, starting the game for the first time another disk read error).

Definitive Solution: your hardware is very probably defective, call Sony.

Ok, tomorrow I'll call Sony :-(

[/Non Steam related - offtopic rant]

Hmm, weird.
I never had any issue with the game.

zTL2De3.png

I had the same problem...try running the launcher as administrator

It worked and ran beautifully at launch, non-steam version, but now as soon as I get into the actual game, steam version, and load a character, one slight movement or turn and boom CTD. Tried all the tricks, admin mode, fresh graphics drivers etc... but nothing. Wanted to check it out again since it went B2P but oh well plenty more fish...

It worked and ran beautifully at launch, non-steam version, but now as soon as I get into the actual game, steam version, and load a character, one slight movement or turn and boom CTD. Tried all the tricks, admin mode, fresh graphics drivers etc... but nothing. Wanted to check it out again since it went B2P but oh well plenty more fish...

that sucks...hopefully you can get it working somehow

Tektonic

P.s. did anyone want a banished key from humblebundle? I should modbot it, but all this trivia got me thinking.

Funniest* banishment related joke gets it.

* doesn't actually have to be funny

That Arkham Knight price error (has to be) is tempting...but it'll probably run like a complete dumpster fire for me (spec wise I should be safe but hahahaha...yeah)

P.s. did anyone want a banished key from humblebundle? I should modbot it, but all this trivia got me thinking.

I would like a key but I have no banished or banishment jokes, I should be banished.... from this thread.... I'm sorry I'll leave.

gurm3n

Neo Member

Hey there, I'm interested in Banished if you aren't going to modbot it, but still, the trivia giveaway seems fun!

See ya!

Lomax

The only thing I ever think of with the word banish is from playing as a warlock in World of Warcraft and being on banish duty in raids. Banish made certain mobs immune to damage but also unattackable for 30 seconds and back then you couldn't remove it, it had to run the full time. So sometimes I'd manage to re-banish a mob right as everything else died, so the whole group after a super intense fight would be stuck waiting for 30 seconds to jump all over that last guy. Always made me laugh a little because people would get so twitchy.

I feel like you must have thought you cared about +1s at some point but later decided you didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom