• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
mK1vTeT.png
Fuck yeah! Got already two of the tail weapons I missed on my first run. Gaping Dragon and Seath. Later turned out more pain than I liked. Gaping still one of the best bosses. Only Kalameet's tail left. Somehow I have a feeling that's gonna be a real struggle...
Also took care of Sif. Man, I love that wolf. Why make me kill him... and then he limps even :(
But wait, there's more! I even took the Crow tour back home and got rid of the Stray Demon. Pretty cool place and atmosphere. Would have loved more of that kind.
What a gorgeous game. A real modern classic. Probably even timeless. Anyone hasn't played it, don't do yourself a disservice and don't believe in the difficult rep it has. It is easy and tactical and forgiving - but only as much as your patience :)
Dang, that's almost half. Why did you even redeem those games in the first place, if you don't want them now?

Jawmuncher

The last game I put as many hours as veggie has in souls was Resudent evil 5. After that the closest game I have would be Mass Effect 1&2 probably.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dang, that's almost half. Why did you even redeem those games in the first place, if you don't want them now?
I was excited when Steam first branched out to stuff beyond Steam games and was much more open to blind purchasing indie games when they first started to hit the service/when they started to get bundled. My habits have and tastes have changed a lot since then.

I was excited when Steam first branched out to stuff beyond Steam games and was much more open to blind purchasing indie games when they first started to hit the service/when they started to get bundled. My habits have and tastes have changed a lot since then.
Oh yeah, I get that. It's quite the change you had though then. Good that there's a feature like that.

Gaping Dragon is the easiest actual boss in the soul series if you don't count that useless boss from demon's souls. its one of the few bosses that not only that i beat on my first try, on my very first attempt the boss never touched me once, neither did it hit me during NG+ or NG++

Lomax

Even at 1500+ games I doubt there's 300 I genuinely have no interest in at all. Of course I'm sure there's well over that number that I never play, but I've gotten enjoyment out of plenty of really random unpredictable stuff (especially working towards the 52 game year) so I can't imagine just summarily deleting things, especially given how much time and effort that would take.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Annubis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend -- MB-13C33EF7741EACFC - Taken by Cyldman. 11 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-C8D4E91C01199704 - Taken by Jalal. 9 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-827A206512442E72 - Taken by GERGiEV. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3C4A2539ADF546CF - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-16CF908F0E4B0AAA - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
X-note -- MB-EF6FB91050874131 - Taken by pantsattack. 6 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-B5E3DC7FC55AA95A - Taken by GaussTek. 3 entrants total.
Soul Gambler -- MB-443F90C8031CAB45 - Taken by Loptous. 4 entrants total.

t1449291789z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Fuck yeah! Got already two of the tail weapons I missed on my first run. Gaping Dragon and Seath. Later turned out more pain than I liked. Gaping still one of the best bosses. Only Kalameet's tail left. Somehow I have a feeling that's gonna be a real struggle...

Also took care of Sif. Man, I love that wolf. Why make me kill him... and then he limps even :(

But wait, there's more! I even took the Crow tour back home and got rid of the Stray Demon. Pretty cool place and atmosphere. Would have loved more of that kind.

What a gorgeous game. A real modern classic. Probably even timeless. Anyone hasn't played it, don't do yourself a disservice and don't believe in the difficult rep it has. It is easy and tactical and forgiving - but only as much as your patience :)

whats ur favorite dks1 weapon?

mine's the lifehunt scythe

Deitus

Gaping Dragon is the easiest actual boss in the soul series if you don't count that useless boss from demon's souls. its one of the few bosses that not only that i beat on my first try, on my very first attempt the boss never touched me once, neither did it hit me during NG+ or NG++

Sorry, but that title goes to Pinwheel.

Eila

Always had a hard time with it because the stomp is a ohko.

Buraindo

Prowling Magus and Congregation would like a word. So weak they don't even get a proper boss soul.

zkylon

zkylewd
psychonauts is close to reaching 50% in a bit over a day

that's awesome, i bet this thing is huge for fig and i wonder where this'll place fig in the future

Got that Bundle Stars bundle with Guacamelee STCE...and used a couple Steam Workshop mods to add a Shovel Knight costume and a Bayonetta costume

should be fun playing through it with those

Tizoc

Wii VC games go for $15-20 price range on the Wii U but I hardly see 20+ pages filled with rage and whining

PS2 Classics go for $15 on PS4 and every body is bitchin' about it.

BRB gonna go buy a $100 psn cash code and grab me some jRPG goodness for my PS4, also war of the monsters.

FloatOn

Hey steamgaf lets get weird and drink mate from bottles like savages

12291298_10153417909143515_3049708459241689826_o.jpg

Played some rocket league tonight. I'm still a scrub but I'm getting better and the game is so fun.

Is there a Dark Souls armour more iconic than Havel's set? It's the Darth Vader of Soulsian lore.
My man. Beating something to death with a giant hunk of wood is the best.
To be clear, I mean the starter club the deprived class starts with. Not the comically giant Havel clubs.
club.png

i don't like clubs much

i love blade weapons that do that really satisfying swishhhh sound when u swing em

I tried several weapons in DS1 but always went back to the club. Can't imagine playing without the little leap attack the club is capable of. Its animationfeel is out of this world.

It was only in DS2 that I was OK varying my weapons.
(DS2's best weapon is, of course, the Manslayer.)

[Non Steam related - offtopic rant]

Today I got a PS4 C chassis with Bloodborne, both brand new. Updated firmware, updated Bloodborne, bought the DLC, ok time to play... not! BR fun noises and then... Unreadable disk error. Then it works, but, I'm sorry you can't load your save becase installation is not complete.

Googling error codes and similar situation and the hell begins. "Bloodborne messed up because of firmware update", "Disk fails to read because of firmware update", "it's hardware related", "it didn't happened before but now it is this way". And so on.

Solutions: don't attempt to load immediately your save - start a new game and reach the first "light" (no good), clean reinstall Bloodborne (no good), shut ps4 off unplugging everything for a bit of time and restart it (no good), restore your PS4 (no good, after a bit while stealth installing it, br starts making fun noises again, starting the game for the first time another disk read error).

Definitive Solution: your hardware is very probably defective, call Sony.

Ok, tomorrow I'll call Sony :-(

[/Non Steam related - offtopic rant]
Why don't you just get the store to replace it?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hey steamgaf lets get weird and drink mate from bottles like savages

12291298_10153417909143515_3049708459241689826_o.jpg

Morningbus would be proud, wherever he is!

Morning guys, what did I miss?

You all are evil people for not wanting to play KF2 with me, but it's okay,
I played Vermintide with redheads, bakas

I was unfortunately on standby for something else that required my attention most of the afternoon. Probably could have used a day or so's warning so everyone else could be ready too~

it's hard to leave mikami's grip right

Definitely on the Mikami bandwagon. Really hope we see a sequel sometime. I really liked the characters and the general premise of the story allows for some really tense and creepy stuff.

Damn. I kinda wanna give it a shot but Akumu mode scares me. I don't think I have the patience for it. How much of that playtime was spent on it?

At least 18h.
Here's my completion screen, spoilered in case someone doesn't want to have the final boss spoiled for them since it's on the results screen for chapter 15:

I did the first 5 chapters with no upgrades and then I hit the burning house with back to back rooms of pure concentrated evil. What a nightmare... that stalled my playthrough for about a year, since I was just burnt out from trying to get by there. Restart the chapter with upgrades, can't do it. Restart without upgrades to try to combine playthroughs again, still can't do it. So I put it down for a bit. I ended up doing it with upgrades so that meant I had to speedrun the normal game (I just did it on casual) to get the "no upgrades in the campaign" achievement (which still made casual tense since you don't really have a ton of ammo). That added another 4h or so to the total.

44.8 hrs last two weeks / 102.7 hrs on record

The 45h in the last two weeks was chapters 6-15 on akumu, a full playthrough on casual without upgrades, and 100% the 3 DLCs. Though I'm not sure if that includes some times when I would pause and do other things for a bit, so it's probably a bit on the high/over-inflated side.

Ayyyy. If I could vote for that game as my GOTY again this year, I would.

It was #2 on my list last year and it was sitting at #1 until I replayed Dark Souls with the steamworks patch and it made me remember how much I enjoyed DS2 and I ended up switching their positions for my final list.

My HDD while installing Elder Scrolls Online right now...

ma5jOUD.gif

Could someone with the game fully installed let me know how big the file size is? I've already downloaded 30gb via Steam and now the launcher is downloading updates.

tuxfool

Banned
My HDD while installing Elder Scrolls Online right now...

ma5jOUD.gif

Could someone with the game fully installed let me know how big the file size is? I've already downloaded 30gb via Steam and now the launcher is downloading updates.

That desperate for 1m dollars? People will do anything for money these days...

My current installation is 59.4GB but I haven't updated it in a few weeks. So it could be larger now, but that's the minimum you're looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom