• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Good morning GAF :)

have you decided that it's a good game yet? :p

I'm like 80% sure it will at the very least be a game I'll enjoy. :)

Looks like the current beta client once again plays silly buggers with library game counts: I lose six games when using it.

JaseC I like your current avatar :) much more so than your last!

Thank you
in advance
, MMBosstones!

>As a heads-up, my birthday is very easy to remember, July 11th, or in other words, 7-11. I can go to a 7-11 and pretend I'm getting a free birthday slushie.

Call me the curious type, but I'm wondering what sort of trap it is. But I'm one of those people who will think something bad and tell myself not to say it, but then tell others I thought something bad and have to tell it to them anyways.

Your birthday is getting pretty close mate, and our isn't that far away from each other...

I don't think I have you on Steam. Can I add you mate?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh wow. Didn't realize the Dunder store was back and open for business. Hope it goes smoother for him.

His prices are great, but the frequency of my purchasing habits probably means that I should stick with my usual guy for less expensive stuff, haha. I don't want to litter the document with requests. ;)

Kiru

I thought there are no more retail copies of it too.

Still got the DVD version from a few years ago at home. At release it was 3 CDs. I saw a bugdet retail copy in a shop once, with some weird label, dunno if it really isn't sold anymore.

Morning guys.
For those who like great OSTs, you can head to the neotokyo OT and request the DL link from akoni for the mp3 version. Seriously, very nice background music while surfing gaf/web.

His prices are great, but the frequency of my purchasing habits probably means that I should stick with my usual guy for less expensive stuff, haha. I don't want to litter the document with requests. ;)

That Witcher 3 price is staggering. I paid almost $8 more when it first came up. No excuse not to own it now.

Dr Dogg

I still haven't fully grasped what all of the AA's in a game refer to.
usually just throw that shit somewhere in the middle and call it a day.

Thankfully Durante has made it easy to understand.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757355

Is there any hype for this game? The initial reveal seemed pretty sweet, but the E3 videos didn't do a WHOLE lot for me. I'll probably pick it up down the road though.

Assassin in Middle Earth (despite the plagiarism claims it does have a touch of the Creed's about it). Just needs collectables-a-plenty and I'm sold.

Pachimari

Congrats mate. A absolute classic, dunno if it's worth the extra cash on Steam though. I'll be happy with a retail copy for now.
I already have the retail copy but to me it's worth it. :)

But these weeks I'm on the iOS bandwagon so won't buy anything on PC for a while.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
3 dollars for Pixel Puzzles UndeadZ Booster?
KuGsj.gif

Let me sell that.

takriel

Jesus I can't wait for my new PC to arrive in a week. I'm new to PC gaming and Steam and am looking forward to playing all these gems!

Can you guys tell me what are the absolute must-play titles on Steam? Right now I'm looking forward to playing Dark Souls with DSfix and Skyrim with all these delicious mods. Will certainly buy Witcher 3 when it arrives. So I'd say I'm down for Action-/Roleplaying-/Adventure games.

What do you consider to be your most cherished games on Steam?

Jawmuncher

Jesus I can't wait for my new PC to arrive in a week. I'm new to PC gaming and Steam and am looking forward to playing all these gems!

Can you guys tell me what are the absolute must-play titles on Steam? Right now I'm looking forward to playing Dark Souls with DSfix and Skyrim with all these delicious mods. Will certainly buy Witcher 3 when it arrives. So I'd say I'm down for Action-/Roleplaying-/Adventure games.

Divinity Original Sin is what GAF is going to say. In terms of RPG recommendations.

My most cherished game on steam is Primal Carnage. Just because of all the dinosaurs.

JaseC

JaseC I like your current avatar :) much more so than your last!

I love all my avatars equally. :p If I had to choose an overall favourite, though, I'd probably cheat and pick these two:

sronanav12120kmj.jpg
sronanav1123pk2g.jpg

Is there any hype for this game? The initial reveal seemed pretty sweet, but the E3 videos didn't do a WHOLE lot for me. I'll probably pick it up down the road though.

I'm looking forward to the game myself as in practice it seems to be AssCreed: Middle-earth. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, though.

Kentucky Route Zero is amazing, but it's still some months away from being a complete package (it's a five-parter and only the first three are currently available).

Any idea why shopbot.tf that I was linked to last night would be "unable to trade with corrosivefrost"?

I still need to trade one of my keys for ref.

I'm looking forward to the game myself as in practice it seems to be AssCreed: Middle-earth. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, though.

Assassin in Middle Earth (despite the plagiarism claims it does have a touch of the Creed's about it). Just needs collectables-a-plenty and I'm sold.

Yeah, it does seem awesome in theory. Even $25 seems a bit much out the gate though. Especially since it seems like it could be hit or terrible.

Why is the July thread already at almost 20,000 posts? Did I miss some big announcement? (been totally caught up in Divinity OS the past week)

The amount of Off-Topic discussions have reached biblical proportions. There have been many (odd) phases. That and the influx from the sale have just exploded this thread. Should calm down by July - OT3 though.

HoosTrax

Why is the July thread already at almost 20,000 posts? Did I miss some big announcement? (been totally caught up in Divinity OS the past week)

HoosTrax

Yeah, it does seem awesome in theory. Even $25 seems a bit much out the gate though. Especially since it seems like it could be hit or terrible.

The amount of Off-Topic discussions have reached biblical proportions. There have been many (odd) phases. That and the influx from the sale have just exploded this thread. Should calm down by July - OT3 though.

Some new blood over here, and people were still excited after the sale ended.

Ah, post sale excitement.

Hugstable

Banned

This is gonna be your first forray into PC gaming?! I don't even know where to begin! Play Witcher 1+2, Dark Souls, Civilization, Divinity Original Sin, Bad Rats, and Deus Ex 1. there are so many games on PC I wouldn't know where to start haha.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
This is gonna be your first forray into PC gaming?! I don't even know where to begin! Play Witcher 1+2, Dark Souls, Civilization, Divinity Original Sin, Bad Rats, and Deus Ex 1. there are so many games on PC I wouldn't know where to start haha.

you're evil :p

I underestimated the amount of Jank in How to Survive. Seems like an interesting enough game and I'm enjoying the crafting, but the animations are really on another level.

JaseC

Lost Planet 3 PC MP is still offline or did it move onto that community server?

The Steamworks patch is still en route. The amusing thing is that Capcom has spent the past two-and-a-bit months bankrolling development, but if it hadn't asininely opted for GameSpy in a game that is otherwise Steamworks, there'd be no issue.

How is the workflow of you guys who record gameplay? Wich programs you use like fraps, afterburner, encoder, video editing?
Currently I use Afterburner for recording in either uncompressed or RTV codec and encode into mp4 at ca. 3500kpbs with xmedia recode / avidemux / media coderx64. But I havent found a good editor with good features yet which is free.
Want to make webms too but encoding is very cpu intensive.

Shadownet

Banned

Proceed with caution.

Btw Hugstable. Did you get my steam message last night while you were iddling for cards? :p

And I should be home in an hour or so. I gotta run to GameStop and pre-order myself that Destiny Ghost Edition!! :D then we should play some Payday 2 if you want.

Fallout new Vegas with mods is better than skyrim with mods IMO, not that skyrim is bad or anything it's just that new Vegas has better gameplay than skyrim so it gives it the edge

Dr Dogg

Sweet. Will read this now.
That's way more than I though. I'm going to book mark this.

Yeah there's a lot of info in his article and the thread itself but that's just scratching the surface. There's some great Siggraph paper's from around 2011 and 2012 with some of the research Nvidia were doing on AA techniques that go into waaaaay more details than the average Joe would know about. Some of the Cytek devs also have some great papers on SMAA on their blogs which detail the pros and cons about why you'd use a certain technique over the other. Then again I've always had a thirst for this sort of knowledge :p

I don't think I'm going to preorder it, even at trader prices. I like Monolith's games but they are a shadow of their former selves (and almost different personnel). I'm sure Stall' will be there day one and have some awesome screenshots too boot.

Gifting, gift-begging, gifing, moaning, off topic chatter etc and all amplified by more and more folks contributing to the Steam thread after the last sale. Pretty much like every time but the volume is getting more and more now. To be fair though if you stripped all the OT posts, all the ModBot raffles and the thanks or 'wow great giveaway' posts and all the subsequent moaning about said posts there would still be on average 30,000* posts a month such is the volume of people in here these days.

*figures plucked from my arse.

MisterM

I underestimated the amount of Jank in How to Survive. Seems like an interesting enough game and I'm enjoying the crafting, but the animations are really on another level.

Me and a friend played this for the first time the other night, he seemed to enjoy it, I thought it was pretty mediocre. Because I was the host I kept getting weapons through the story (even the stick you're first given), my friend had to forage for his stuff which I thought was weird. Why weren't we both given the items?

We might try it again at some point but we only gave it a go because PAyday 2 was updating.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Steamworks patch is still en route. The amusing thing is that Capcom has spent the past two-and-a-bit months bankrolling development, but if it hadn't asininely opted for GameSpy in a game that is otherwise Steamworks, there'd be no issue.

I'm still amazed that of all Capcom's games, they picked that one to patch Steamworks into. A game with super dead multiplayer and no singleplayer issues. And then RE5/DR2/OTR with death for co-op (an important part of the campaign experience) hanging over their head are ignored.

Jawmuncher

Yeah was odd to see gamespy since as you said the entire game was steam works basically.

Anyone know what time (normally) new episodes are up for telltale games, games?

Should be 1 or 2 est.

Jawmuncher

I'm still amazed that of all Capcom's games, they picked that one to patch Steamworks into. A game with super dead multiplayer and no singleplayer issues. And then RE5/DR2/OTR with death for co-op (an important part of the campaign experience) hanging over their head are ignored.

Yeah Dead Rising and Resident Evil 5 seem like a big oversight. One is your best selling game of all time apparently. Then the other 2 would keep their legs when DR3 comes out since people might want to see how the series was.

While I'm not going to list any game I'll link to the SteamGAF GOTY list and the[url="http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=766928]IndieGAF recommends[/url]

JaseC

I honestly believe that GFWL's death was postponed due to publishers, such as Capcom, being too slow to act in time for the originally-scheduled date of July 1st. There's a distinct possibility that the stay of execution may engender a change of heart as far as RE5 and the DR2 games are concerned, but, yeah, I wouldn't consider it likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom