• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the library is now letting you give custom aliases to game titles and/or reorder them in the list...does my memory fail me? Was that just wishful thinking on my part?
Possibly allowing the publisher to set a custom or preferred order? I just noticed all the Assassin's Creed games are in the correct order:
SihhnA2.png

Edit: Damn... beaten!

Shade

Bundle stuff. Should all be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Aftermath -- MB-197319C4E7B6772C - Taken by Fox318. 2 entrants total.
Jamestown Legend of the Lost Colony -- MB-95EC92F13C4BD435 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 2 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-550BB6A9E63498E2 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem -- MB-06645070C319CFC6 - Taken by Kryptonite. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-04245050E69CBA5E - Taken by Cyberquake. 4 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-DD750952507F8864 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 4 entrants total.
Vessel -- MB-DF43C139BB65958E - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-EDA471CEE9BB3EC3 - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.

t1406246206z1.png

HoosTrax

You can assign games to multiple categories in the beta client, and apparently you can assign multiple games to a category at once.

Edit: Oh, you meant that:

Kinda like that, but only Publishers can do it right now. See AssCreed or the Far Cry games for example. They are in correct order now.

Possibly allowing the publisher to set a custom or preferred order? I just noticed all the Assassin's Creed games are in the correct order:
SihhnA2.png

Edit: Damn... beaten!
Darn. I was hoping to bring some semblance of order to my new SimBin collection. Like maybe order by release date, since a lot of it consists of DLC for various race championship years.

tioslash

Just finished my first playtrough of Metro 2033. Definitely liked it, and the atmosphere in this game is amazing! Great game, despite the fact I had some issues with a weird stuttering throughout the whole game...

Next week I´ll begin Last Light, hope it´s just as good.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Toki Tori 2. This thing has a huge overworld! I have no idea whether I'm supposed to follow every path to its inevitable end, or like, get through a maze.

While it seems to have positive feedback, other people have posted that it is a departure from the first game.

Darn. I was hoping to bring some semblance of order to my new SimBin collection. Like maybe order by release date, since a lot of it consists of DLC for various race championship years.

I would like to remove the copyright and registered trademark symbols from my games.

Look at Asscreed 3 just sitting there, the only one of the bunch with one. Looks stupid.

I'd also like to remove the Prepare to Die from Dark Souls, and all GOTYs (Batman :L)

Oh and to de-capitalize. The FINAL FANTASYs seem like they're yelling at me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh it's officially Friday now so happy birthday Turf, you old ass bastard!

We're old Turf :(

Hugstable

Banned
SteamGAF my Dualshock 4 that I've been using for all my Steam gaming recently has started to tear in the left thumbstick today :(. Trying to contact Sony support about it right now to see if they do replacements, which I hope they do because almsot all my steam gaming recently outside of FPS has been done on the DS4, most notably Dark Souls.

Turfster

Oh forgot. Happy Birthday Turfster. Thanks for posting new deals in an organized way. You are also pretty fast at that, even with only one hand, lol.

Years of training, my friend, years of training.
Thanks for the wishes (and everyone else that wished me a happy birthday since the last time I said that ;)

Nothing fancy, but I don't need them (and I know some of you love your +1), so I might as well give 'em away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-939049F6FE58E2C3 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-B0DBA1B0E18883D5 - Taken by Catshade
Skyward Collapse Complete Edition -- MB-11CA312E3ECFA226 - Taken by DizzyCrow

t1406246567z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
In my case, that's not only good, but the only reason I entered the giveaway. I hated the first one. :)

Ah no worries then, have fun!

SteamGAF my Dualshock 4 that I've been using for all my Steam gaming recently has started to tear in the left thumbstick today :(. Trying to contact Sony support about it right now to see if they do replacements, which I hope they do because almsot all my steam gaming recently outside of FPS has been done on the DS4, most notably Dark Souls.

Considering the posts in the PS4 sticks thread, it maybe cheaper and quicker to buy a few pairs of third party replacement sticks instead.

Wired 360 still going strong years later.

I'm sure they do replacements.

HoosTrax

That game (Gods Will Be Watching) really seemed to have gotten hyped quite a bit, and I'm not sure why. Devolver, I'm guessing?

Just making an observation, since I haven't played the game. Seems like the rare indie game that manages to build up a surprising groundswell of interest leading up to release. (I do recall seeing some RPS features on it)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Free replacement but you have to pay shipping. You could always swap it at Walmart if you still have the packaging.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Wired 360 still going strong years later.

I'm sure they do replacements.

The original composition they used to cover the PS4 wasn't tested either enough or properly. Sony has reformulated the mixture and released a new controller revision. It shouldn't be a ongoing issue.

Turfster

That game (Gods Will Be Watching) really seemed to have gotten hyped quite a bit, and I'm not sure why. Devolver, I'm guessing?

Just making an observation, since I haven't played the game. Seems like the rare indie game that manages to build up a surprising groundswell of interest leading up to release. (I do recall seeing some RPS features on it)
It promised the moon, and from what I've been reading, failed to deliver in a spectacular way.

Hugstable

Banned
Free replacement but you have to pay shipping. You could always swap it at Walmart if you still have the packaging.

I do still have my packaging (well the box) but I bought mine originally at Best Buy. Would I still be able to do something like that at Wal-Mart?

dot

The left thumbstick is really bad. It started tearing a few weeks after i got a ps4. Maybe a bad batch, i dunno.

Zia

That sucks to hear. The new iMac model this year is rumored to be a 4K screen though if you're interested in that.

Sounds swank. I might have to build myself a budget rig while I wait, though. Just dove into the Dark Souls II DLC, too.

How bad is it?
Dead OS? Dead drive? Dead power supply?

I guess it's the power supply. Reset the SMC but it's a doorstop. Dead-dead.

HoosTrax

How is Ace Combat Assault Horizon?
It's similar to HAWX. Arcade flight sim. I can't really complain about anything in particular, now that GFWL has been removed. It's a roughly ten hour game.

I feel vaguely reluctant about recommending it highly since it's not my cup of tea (too unrealistic and a bit on-rails), but it's competent at giving you the Hollywood fighter pilot experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it has a lot of random non-fighter-piloting sequences, like playing the gunner on an AC130 and a blackhawk, and flying helicopters and bombers

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I do still have my packaging (well the box) but I bought mine originally at Best Buy. Would I still be able to do something like that at Wal-Mart?
Just say it's defective and you want to exchange it for a new one. Most they'll do is scan your drivers license so you can't do multiple returns.

Today is my birthday, you know what that means? Time for a give away!

But not just any give away. It's time for another twist. From the one who brought you the Broken Bad give away may I present:

vQJNRFA.png

The games are:
Witcher 3
Divinity: Original Sin
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Rising 3
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Bad Rats

Choose wisely for I have another twist. I have an avatar for the "Winner" of Bad Rats to wear proudly for one week. GLHF!
(If you already have the game you win feel free to regive it yourself or PM and I'll do another giveaway)

Happy birthday dood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom