• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

I've held off buying any games during this sale for now. I'm going to be strong and actually try to work through my backlog a bit. I've got Wolfenstein, The Banner Saga, and most of INSIDE done in the last week so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Then I just have to try/beat Dark Souls, Hotline Miami 2, and Owlboy and I'll be mostly kind of caught up.
You're an inspiration, I'm so far behind on my backlog and I keep adding to it.

Thinking on getting Dying Light to play with a friend and Prey...

ag-my001

Do any of the other game supply sites (mainly GOG since I've never used them) ever set up sales near the end or just after the Steam sale?

Game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-90714BB97801BF67 - Taken by DataGhost. 1 entrants total.

t1498848742z1.png

Talyn

Do any of the other game supply sites (mainly GOG since I've never used them) ever set up sales near the end or just after the Steam sale?
GOG had their summer sale for the 2 weeks prior to the start of Steam's sale. I believe Gamersgate did likewise.

Edit: No wait, Gamersgate summer sale is still ongoing.

DataGhost

Does anyone have any recommendations for games that sort of have an RNG loot based system like Diablo II? Party based games would be great (in terms of multiplayer or just having control over multiple characters)

I know about Grim Dawn and the Borderland series. Also PoE

I think it is a game.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Catch a Falling Star -- MB-488D30701FBE0B38 - Taken by Sparrowhawk. 1 entrants total.

t1498851126z1.png

Monooboe

It looks like an interesting game, especially since it is free and does not look like a free game.

Vkl35GQ.png

29MzDke.png

Looks pretty cool and one has to appreciate the reason it's free.

EDIT: Missed you adding the second pic.XD

Why is it FREE?
The game was developed to bring awareness to Winston's Wish, a UK-based charity that supports bereaved children. Following the passing of a close family member, who worked as a senior programmer at Creative Assembly, Franco began developing 3:21 as a homage.
See our community page for more information regarding the charity aspect of 3:21.

Does anyone have any recommendations for games that sort of have an RNG loot based system like Diablo II? Party based games would be great (in terms of multiplayer or just having control over multiple characters)

As you already mentioned PoE that is the best one and should be played if you are looking for a Diablo 2 experience. The Division is actually quite good so I recommend that if you are into a shooter. Torchlight 2 is fun but I found it got boring pretty fast.

jediyoshi

Lol what the fuck, prices for the 2B background started rising again

I just want to put up 2B with my extra gabe bucks, f u internet economy

DataGhost

As you already mentioned PoE that is the best one and should be played if you are looking for a Diablo 2 experience. The Division is actually quite good so I recommend that if you are into a shooter. Torchlight 2 is fun but I found it got boring pretty fast.

Yeah I have Torchlight 2 and ...saw Division (not my style). I tried PoE, but I don't know if it was a bad time when I tried it, but I just couldn't get into it

If you like Diablo, you should check out Book of Demons. No multiplayer, but it's still quite fun.

I think I already had half of this bundle. I should have checked earlier.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Freebie -- MB-E4E727FB36CFFC9F - Taken by LogicStep. 3 entrants total.

t1498852551z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Asteroid Bounty Hunter -- MB-07D9B2745F0CA377 - Taken by Sparrowhawk
Gone in November -- MB-6E2EF8D5D01C1D28 - Taken by sadblob
In Between -- MB-15E85901EB787695 - Taken by Mavromatis
Numberline -- MB-E95FDFF0EE32A39B - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
PixBit -- MB-2686EA521D4AFB2E - Taken by arts&crafts
ShipLord -- MB-7A8B675FCDD22056 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Under Zero -- MB-A76A0F19476D2323 - Taken by Mavromatis
hack_me -- MB-296220F4E6FA6139 - Taken by Eila

Apt101

I just got Portal Knights, looks like a multiplayer Dragon Quest Builders. $14.99 USD seemed like a good price, especially given the glowing reception.

Is there going to be / already a GAF community thread for this game?

Edit: ^^^ ooooooo the person who made that tutorial was using an ad blocker I'mma tell the teacher

Yep.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Flesh Eaters -- MB-1E607058BEE3A4B0 - Taken by Azull. 2 entrants total.

t1498853253z1.png

DataGhost

Titan Quest as well is quite good. It is older though so you probably have already played it.

Yeah, I'm going to try it and hope it aged well. Seen it before for sure

If you like Diablo, you should check out Book of Demons. No multiplayer, but it's still quite fun.

Saw it back when it first released from early access first time ( I hug the RPG coming soon releases frequently). Maybe I'll give it a try now. Surprised at how Overwhelming positive it is.

I think I shouldn't buy bundles while I'm drunk. Steam says too many activation attempts so I'll check the rest when it unbans me.
Meanwhile games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Calcu-Late -- MB-607444FBC35190EE - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Clergy Ssplode -- MB-72B52F9096F15258 - Taken by Mikurden
Cosmic Dust & Rust -- MB-57338ED0DEFF4ED4 - Taken by Azull. 2 entrants total.
Escape Machines -- MB-2EC157E2E5151C0A - Taken by Mikurden
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun -- MB-0E1021016943CD8C - Taken by voodooray
Lup -- MB-B923E6A06BB33B3B - Taken by titch
New kind of adventure -- MB-8A11BB81332FAE12 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-4FE489400C114E3E - Taken by Mikurden
Super Mustache -- MB-A1E169C5A1354F86 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Super Space Pug -- MB-BDB5BB6A33D398FE - Taken by Mikurden
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-781B01FC0E78B498 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Tinboy -- MB-1F1E4C15E928CEAD - Taken by Loptous

t1498864028z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
MpASynA.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away PayPal Bucks. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

(PayPal Bucks) USD$20 -- MB-E751F2C550631E7A - Taken by Tizoc Trivia Question: What was Mija's answer when the ALF requested her assistance?

NoPiece

£1.90 in my wallet, is stand alone Dishonored fine or are the DLC essential?

Definitely pick up the main game. The Definitive Edition isn't worth it, you are paying for other non-story DLC content. If you like Dishonored, get the story DLC later - Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore WItches.

The DLC isn't essential for Dishonored, but there is a case it is essential for Dishonored 2 and the recently announced Dishonored 2 DLC. It really ties the games together.

Ladekabel

Seeing that Ghost of a Tale is now on Xbox Preview I really want to see how the game developed since I last played it. Will give it another go once my exams are finished. Has anyone played it and can give impressions? I played it last when it came out on Early Access.

Monooboe

Ok I was maybe little too specific in my trivia answer, does someone verify the answer or is it just about specific string of letters?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok I was maybe little too specific in my trivia answer, does someone verify the answer or is it just about specific string of letters?

The phrase is given to ModBot as stated, but, come to think of it, I'm not sure of the role that punctuation plays. I didn't include the closing period of the sentence and apologise in advance if that has resulted in technically incorrect answers.

Edit: Punctuation is ignored (periods, at least). You answered "Take Okja back to the mountain" -- you missed the "s" at the end there.

Edit edit: And DataGhost's answer, while correct, was denied on account of him being in the midst of a throttle period.

Monooboe

The phrase is given to ModBot as stated, but, come to think of it, I'm not sure of the role that punctuation plays. I didn't include the closing period of the sentence and apologise in advance if that has resulted in technically incorrect answers.

Edit: Punctuation is ignored (periods, at least). You answered "Take Okja back to the mountain" -- you missed the "s" at the end there.

Aaah, I was atleast close!:D

Hektor

Well it was our best chance to get a new fallout that's not complete shit in this day and age (3 and 4 are pathetic garbage dumps and NV is only decent imho) and it was managing it, at least till the dumpster fire that is the last area.

Wasteland 3 could manage if inxile puts some effort into it

Amzin

Well it was our best chance to get a new fallout that's not complete shit in this day and age (3 and 4 are pathetic garbage dumps and NV is only decent imho) and it was managing it, at least till the dumpster fire that is the last area.

I've noticed a lot of games seem to have issues with single bad areas or end-games that I've played lately. Quite a few games where I'm enjoying it and then hit a point and go "well guess I'm done playing this ever"

Fou-Lu

Currently have Little Nightmares, What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, Inside, Xanadu Next, and Gurumin sitting in my cart as I try to decide which are worth it at their current prices. Suggestions?

Currently have Little Nightmares, What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, Inside, Xanadu Next, and Gurumin sitting in my cart as I try to decide which are worth it at their current prices. Suggestions?

For what it's worth, I really, *really* liked Edith Finch and Inside. I was kind of surprised by how much I liked Inside as Limbo didn't do anything for me. Edith Finch was just great, really memorable stuff.

Rest of the games.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ampersand -- MB-61480693B386EF4C - Taken by Emperor_EL. 1 entrants total.
Eaten Alive -- MB-43E957F5F1CC02BD - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Joana's Life -- MB-9430D1F53CC852D5 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Neon Hardcorps -- MB-378879F4ECC730BE - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Project Druid - 2D Labyrinth Explorer- -- MB-74D677022D70137F - Taken by fuzzy123
Star Drifter -- MB-C98D224AAE297416 - Taken by Mikurden
Stellar 2D -- MB-BD01B6E46E8A56AE - Taken by voodooray

t1498857922z1.png

I got Sonic Generations for $5, because I had a hankering to play an above-average platformer on PC.... And that's all I got from this Steam sale. I want Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley so effin bad, but I'm fighting super hard to wait for Switch ports of those.

Also ended up with Dark Souls 2, but that was from subbing to Humble Monthly for the first time, not from the Steam sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom