• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Best co-op games in the sale? RPG elements a big plus.

Victor Vran and the Divinity: Original Sin games come to mind. Path of Exile and Warframe if you feel like dipping into F2P.

TheTrain

I don't know. COD is a dead franchise on PC. I would never buy a COD game again on PC unless you just enjoy the SP aspect.
A couple of month ago I played advanced warfare without any issue, same thing for MW2 and Black Ops 8 month ago. The franchise isn't in a good shape for sure but it's far from dead. As long as there are hundreds of player in a game I've found that it's really easy to play even in multiplayer. Hell even frozen synapse is still alive in multi, and we are talking about a player base of a couple of hundreds in a niche game

Why do I want to buy all the COD games?

I very much want to buy all the CoDs and Assassin's Creed games, but they're all way too expensive. I've played most of the early entries on consoles, so it's
really only for collection purposes. I especially regret not getting Assassin's Creed stuff when they used to regularly hit $5 or less. I always told myself I'd buy them when money was less tight, but not that isn't I refuse to pay more for something that old. I get the Assassin's Creed games are cheaper on uPlay,but it's not the same.

I very much want to buy all the CoDs and Assassin's Creed games, but they're all way too expensive. I've played most of the early entries on consoles, so it's
really only for collection purposes. I especially regret not getting Assassin's Creed stuff when they used to regularly hit $5 or less. I always told myself I'd buy them when money was less tight, but not that isn't I refuse to pay more for something that old. I get the Assassin's Creed games are cheaper on uPlay,but it's not the same.

Yeah a couple Steam sales ago I added all of the Assassin's Creed games to my cart... but then thought better of it. I'm not sure I will actually play them.

I bought everything on my wish list but Prey. Interested in AC4 Freedom Cry, but this is twice its usual sale price.

You are being dishonored. Blah blah dark evil god, blah. Get super powers for free (possibly at the cost of you soul). You get your revenge and kill/non-terminally get rid of a couple of "important people". The end.
For the DLC: There be witches. They don't achieve anything.* The End.

* To be determined

The Outsider isn't evil, and the powers have no cost. It's purely to serve the Outsider's curiosity. GOSH

I may go with Cosmochoria. I currently have 6000ish coins.

EDIT: Now I have 2000ish coins. And own Cosmochoria.

The daily game, Intrude, looks pretty swell, too

Why do I want to buy all the COD games?

Because you're one of us now.

Welcome to the fold. The sweet bodily comfort and wallet distressing embrace of SteamGAF.

We buy shit to complete collections of things we'll never play. Not because we want to, no; we buy because we must.

And it feels so, so good.
Sometimes it doesn't and we purge like crazy.

Kassu

Banned
Hmm, I wonder if I should buy Hollow Knight. Kinda want to play it soon but I also expect it to be in a Humble Monthly at some point.

Wonder what the odds are for it to be in the July Monthly bundle or early unlock for the August bundle..

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hmm, I wonder if I should buy Hollow Knight. Kinda want to play it soon but I also expect it to be in a Humble Monthly at some point.

Wonder what the odds are for it to be in the July Monthly bundle or early unlock for the August bundle..
Hollow Knight is a ridiculously good value even at full price.

Ascheroth

Was just looking through my discovery queue and I found a game for Jawmuncher :p

Based on the reviews it seems to be just average though.

A couple of month ago I played advanced warfare without any issue, same thing for MW2 and Black Ops 8 month ago. The franchise isn't in a good shape for sure but it's far from dead. As long as there are hundreds of player in a game I've found that it's really easy to play even in multiplayer. Hell even frozen synapse is still alive in multi, and we are talking about a player base of a couple of hundreds in a niche game

Yeah but I imagine the only mode with people is TDM

I wish divekick was on sale, got it in a bundle ages ago and finally playing it and enjoying it but nobody I know has it and the online is dead :/

I am almost certain it wont be, but you can just buy now, wait for next Friday until Humble announces lineup/August unlock and if it is included you just refund Steam. If it isnt included you play it as it is amazing.

I'm finally doing it. I'm buying The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

I must experience the game that killed XCOM, in preparation for the upcoming XCOM 2 expansion; the latest in the series that saved it.

Teeth

Does anyone know why Dirt 2 was pulled from Steam? I'm playing right now for the first time and it's just the right blend of arcade and sim racer.

Is it because GFWL shut down? I'm still able to launch the single player and it hasn't stopped other devs from still selling their games.

Infinite Warfare is a good singleplayer campaign.
Heresy.
Chrono has new games for coin farmers:

#60457 » [Instant Rewards] Chrono Store: Cosmochoria - 1% claimed - 4000 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop
#60458 » [Instant Rewards] Chrono Store: Ancient Planet - 1% claimed - 3500 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop
I don't know why I'm keep chrono.gg tab open. I mean, those 2 are fine but i already own them, and i have 14000 coins.

Paragon

Does anyone know why Dirt 2 was pulled from Steam? I'm playing right now for the first time and it's just the right blend of arcade and sim racer.
Is it because GFWL shut down? I'm still able to launch the single player and it hasn't stopped other devs from still selling their games.
Licensing sadly kills a lot of racing games.
DiRT2 is probably my favorite of the series as well, if I'm just looking for a racing game that is fun to play.
I don't like a lot of the changes they made for DiRT3, and while DiRT Rally is great, it's more about the challenge than fun.
So besides Hollow Knight, are there any other "I will post this every time someone asks for a recommendation" gems this sale?
Prey?

Licensing maybe?

Teeth

Licensing sadly kills a lot of racing games.
DiRT2 is probably my favorite of the series as well, if I'm just looking for a racing game that is fun to play.
I don't like a lot of the changes they made for DiRT3, and while DiRT Rally is great, it's more about the challenge than fun.
Prey?
Ah, that's probably it. It's too bad, the game is awesome and has just the right balance for a non-gear head who doesn't want to spend an hour shaving two tenths of a second off of a run (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I guess to everyone...find a DiRT2 key if you can? It's awesome.
Edit: I should say: I have no idea if it would run on Win10 though, so buyer beware.

I must experience the game that killed XCOM, in preparation for the upcoming XCOM 2 expansion; the latest in the series that saved it.

It's really not *that* bad. it's just... not X-Com. It's basically a janky version of the combat segments of Mass Effect 2 or 3, with team-mates who occasionally have complete AI freakouts.

Erheller

Nah, you gotta play X-COM: Interceptor or X-COM: Enforcer for that. 2012 XCOM came out before The Bureau

Well, this specifically involves the Sale, so...

Is it legal? Then go for it.

If you're still unsure, PM jshackles (mod.) He's a longstanding SteamGAFfer prior to getting his red wings, so he not only knows the ins and outs, he knows them with this scenario's specificity.

---

Question for the Steam numbers guys/gals: here -> http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I use this a lot for MP games, as it's a pretty decent heart rate monitor for MP games I might be considering.

The question comes in with Steam UbiPlay titles... would player numbers still reflect using Steam's stats? For clarity, I'm trying to look at For Honor's PC base. I know that there's a contingent that could theoretically own this just through Ubi.

I know it's not the best game, but my problem with the Bureau was always its ties to XCOM. But I really can't begrudge it any longer.

As an aside, there's an incredible The Bureau postmortem by Polygon. If y'all are curious how it went from Bioshock to Mass Effect 2 to The Bureau: there's-another-XCOM-game-stop-screaming-at-us, it's a really fascinating read.
Nah, you gotta play X-COM: Interceptor or X-COM: Enforcer for that. 2012 XCOM came out before The Bureau

Ah, I know. But The Bureau was announced first, IIRC near the Syndicate FPS. It just seemed like the death of strategy games at the time--the direct wrong way to bring those franchises back.

Of course, no one knew a proper XCOM was deep in development back then. Must've been weird being at Firaxis and 2K, during the "this isn't XCOM" backlash.
Unexplored seems to be getting a bit of traction as a hidden gem.

A new update and contest just launched for Unexplored...

...but I drank an unidentified potion and the game CTD'd. So I hope they fix that promptly.

RIP Boldr the Bold.
1EF5B3D28F11DBE9222565B4740799CF862ED85C
2017-2017

Alrighty; I have several Steam keys I'm willing to trade for a US-valid Gift of BeamNG.Drive. I'll trade as many keys as you'd like for it. PM me if you're interested!

Home (Steam)
Neverwinter Enthusiast Pack (Key) EXPIRES DECEMBER 31, 2017
Blade and Soul Yogscast Pack (Key) POSSIBLY EXPIRED; I'LL GO FIRST
Battlerite Yogscast Mount (Steam DLC)
Bohemian Killing OST and Art (Steam DLC)
No Time to Explain! (Steam)
Guns of Icarus Online (Steam)
Overlord (Steam)
VVVVVV (Steam)
Rituals (Steam)
Crusaders of the Lost Idols Legendary Starter Pack (Steam)
Quest for Infamy (Steam)
Merchants of Kaidan (Steam)
BlockStorm (Steam)
Wasted (Steam)
Frozen Synapse (Steam)
Lumino City (Steam)
Galak-Z (Steam)
Baseball Stars 2 (Steam)
Broken Age (Steam)
Westerado: Double Barreled (Steam)
Small Radios, Big Televisions (Steam)

LogicStep

So Dying Light has mostly positive reviews on Steam and my friend has the game. Kinda want to get in on that for the coop. I tried the game when it originally came out by myself and it was fun, I just don't remember why I stopped playing it.

Game?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turbo Pug -- MB-121DC56EF4AA69A2 - Taken by Sparrowhawk. 1 entrants total.

t1498847547z1.png

I've held off buying any games during this sale for now. I'm going to be strong and actually try to work through my backlog a bit. I've got Wolfenstein, The Banner Saga, and most of INSIDE done in the last week so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Then I just have to try/beat Dark Souls, Hotline Miami 2, and Owlboy and I'll be mostly kind of caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom