• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thud

Currently have Little Nightmares, What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, Inside, Xanadu Next, and Gurumin sitting in my cart as I try to decide which are worth it at their current prices. Suggestions?

Get xanadu next. You need it directly in your veins.

Tizoc

I got Sonic Generations for $5, because I had a hankering to play an above-average platformer on PC.... And that's all I got from this Steam sale. I want Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley so effin bad, but I'm fighting super hard to wait for Switch ports of those.

Also ended up with Dark Souls 2, but that was from subbing to Humble Monthly for the first time, not from the Steam sale.

Look up the Mario and Unleashed mods to use with it.

Tonton

Currently have Little Nightmares, What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, Inside, Xanadu Next, and Gurumin sitting in my cart as I try to decide which are worth it at their current prices. Suggestions?

Gurumin is not very great, but for the asking price I'd say it's worth it
Definitely get Xanadu Next

DPB

I liked Gurumin but I wouldn't class it as one of Falcom's best games. Xanadu Next is though, if you have to pick between the two that would be my choice, it's really good.

Eila

I liked Gurumin but I wouldn't class it as one of Falcom's best games. Xanadu Next is though, if you have to pick between the two that would be my choice, it's really good.
Yup, easy choice. It doesn't help Gurumin is too easy, as the game forces you to replay it to unlock higher difficulty levels. I think only Easy and Normal are available at first.

thundr51

Ok, so I just purchased a new gtx 1080, what should I buy to give it a workout? I don't really have time for multiplayer shooters (plus I'm terrible at them) Ideas?

Check my Steam profile for what I like.

BUY
PREY
RIGHT
NOW.

Do it.

Seriously.

I like Arkane, but it doesn't seem like a game I'm going to get $40 worth out of.

The Outsider doesn't have any allegiance though, so there's no one for him to betray, and he doesn't actively seek to cause any sort of death or mayhem. He actually mocks or criticizes you for going high chaos, and in Knife of Dunwall he starts appearing to Daud again because he thought it was interesting that Daud had started showing regret. One of the complaints people have about Dishonored 2 is even that they made him more human instead of an indifferent personification of the Void.

DPB

Ok, so I just purchased a new gtx 1080, what should I buy to give it a workout? I don't really have time for multiplayer shooters (plus I'm terrible at them) Ideas?

Arkham Knight? I see that you've played City but you don't have Knight. It did run terribly initially and was even temporarily removed from sale, but it's since been patched and you should have enough power to brute force your way through any remaining performance hiccups.

preta

Definitely get Xanadu Next. Gurumin isn't as good, but it's still quite fun and definitely well worth $3.49.

thundr51

Arkham Knight? I see that you've played City but you don't have Knight. It did run terribly initially and was even temporarily removed from sale, but it's since been patched and you should have enough power to brute force your way through any remaining performance hiccups.

I actually had this on my wishlist, was hesitating because I heard the batmobile puzzles were annoying.

Ladekabel

Hitman Season 1 from last year is great. Don't know if you'll like it but it can be quite demanding even for a 1080 from what I've read.

Aaron D.

A new update and contest just launched for Unexplored...

...but I drank an unidentified potion and the game CTD'd. So I hope they fix that promptly.

RIP Boldr the Bold.

2017-2017

h5FOvJ6.gif

Firewatch is more then worth it's price right now, if a 4 hour long story focused game is something you want, and the setting appeal to you.

Hubble

I would like to recommend the Strategy Game of the Year bundle with XCOM 2 and Civilization VI. With the bundle, you get another 25% off than buying each individually on sale. The total is 41.83 where as if you bought Civilization separate it would be 35.99 alone. $21 for both games is decent. Pretty good savings. That makes XCOM 2 $14. I love strategy games and never played XCOM before and I am a believer. The game is awesome and I am eager for the expansion. I'm a new XCOM fan now lol.

Ladekabel

I would like to recommend the Strategy Game of the Year bundle with XCOM 2 and Civilization VI. With the bundle, you get another 25% off than buying each individually on sale. The total is 41.83 where as if you bought Civilization separate it would be 35.99 alone. $21 for both games is decent. Pretty good savings. That makes XCOM 2 $14. I love strategy games and never played XCOM before and I am a believer. The game is awesome and I am eager for the expansion. I'm a new XCOM fan now lol.

I already have XCOM 2 thanks to Humble Monthly and I'm eying the bundle because I'm interested in Civ VI because it is sub 30€ but probably wait for the next sale. What are the chances that the expansion for Civ will release until the Holiday Sale?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If you are in need of a simulation/puzzle game to relax to and de-stress with, I'm recommending Demolition Company Gold Edition.
Just like it says on a tin, play the part of a demolition and tear down buildings with all sorts of tools from sledgehammers to explosives to cranes. You don't have to do it perfectly to get through them, but I found figuring out how to do it best is satisfying as a puzzle fan.

titch

Far too many effn games.

I could spend a small fortune on a fraction of the games recommended so far

Suggestions for 4 player local co-op that might not be obvious would be appreciated

Aaron D.

If you are in need of a simulation/puzzle game to relax to and de-stress with, I'm recommending Demolition Company Gold Edition.
Just like it says on a tin, play the part of a demolition and tear down buildings with all sorts of tools from sledgehammers to explosives to cranes. You don't have to do it perfectly to get through them, but I found figuring out how to do it best is satisfying as a puzzle fan.

Dem CO. kicks ass.

Like for real.

https://youtu.be/wMgwlWrtEME?t=1m17s

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bacteria -- MB-B98977E202FCD607 - Taken by Intheflorsh

Teggy

Phew, I finished RE7. I think I'm good with horror games for a little while. So many questions, though. I'm off to the wiki shortly. I also need to go back and see why Jawmuncher had issues with the game, although I have an inkling.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Yooka Laylee worth $30 USD? I heard they just patched it to fix some camera issues. I was a massive banjo fan back on the day.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that Playtonic did enough with the idea of expanding worlds, which carried over to the transformations, which are level-specific and not terribly interesting. That being said, if you love collectables, then, well, you're talking to somebody who spent ~20 hours with the game and unlocked every achievement.

In fewer words, there's a lot to love, but also a fair bit to dislike, depending on where your tastes and nostalgia lie.

Edit: Oh, and think nothing of the super-secret pirate skulls. Collecting all of them unlocks nothing but an achievement. No secret world or any such thing.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that Playtonic did enough with the idea of expanding worlds, which carried over to the transformations, which are level-specific and not terribly interesting. That being said, if you love collectables, then, well, you're talking to somebody who spent ~20 hours with the game and unlocked every achievement.

In fewer words, there's a lot to love, but also a fair bit to dislike, depending on where your tastes and nostalgia lie.

Hmmm thanks Jase.... maybe I'll wait for a lower price then, $40 AUD might be a bit much. Unless somewhere sells a Steam code cheaper?

jholmes

Folks, new Doom or new Hitman? Leaning toward new Doom just on price, will probably bite on Hitman when it goes below $20 Canadian, but figured I'd get some feedback. What do you think, sirs?

Kudo

Folks, new Doom or new Hitman? Leaning toward new Doom just on price, will probably bite on Hitman when it goes below $20 Canadian, but figured I'd get some feedback. What do you think, sirs?

From what I've heard both are great games, but I've only played Doom and can vouch for it.
They're different genres though so think what kind of game you want to play, mindless old school shooter or stealth action.

Dr.Acula

Banned

You need a crap tonne of SSD space for Doom. If you're going to play either before the next sale, get the one you're most likely to play now, otherwise, Doom might go on sale for Hallowe'en. Also, both have demos you can DL and try.

Dec

I'm having trouble tracking down one of those PUBG GMG codes anywhere, figure this thread is worth a shot?

Edit: Got one, thank you to those who helped.

That's tough. They're both fantastic for completely different reasons. The former is furiously aggressive action, that encourages you to move and get up close and dive into the midst of battle with smart enemy placements and AI. Super satisfying guns and shooting.

While the latter is a masterclass in level design, with each able to entertain you for a tens of hours as you master the clockwork of NPCs and opportunities and paths to complete your hits. Super satisfying social stealth puzzles, with tons of content and challenges

jholmes

You need a crap tonne of SSD space for Doom. If you're going to play either before the next sale, get the one you're most likely to play now, otherwise, Doom might go on sale for Hallowe'en. Also, both have demos you can DL and try.

Do you know how much? I bought Shadows of Mordor and haven't played it because of just that issue.

Funny that I would spend $10 more on a game because of memory but I guess that's where I am.

Ladekabel

Do you know how much? I bought Shadows of Mordor and haven't played it because of just that issue.

Funny that I would spend $10 more on a game because of memory but I guess that's where I am.

I have deinstalled Doom because it took up around 90GB on my hard drive. Hitman is around 65GB.

Teeth

Hot tip: if you are thinking about getting Arkham Knight, it's quite a bit cheaper on Bundlestars right now:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/batman-arkham-knight

Legit Steam key and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom