• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuck in the Past - a 33 RPM thread for vinyl listeners and collectors

The most valuable thing I had was some rare Fall Out Boy album. It was their first major release that I'd picked up for like $10 at a Virgin Records in Las Vegas when my now-wife and I went about a decade ago. I don't even like FOB, but they were having a sale so I grabbed a bunch of stuff.

8bsZDis.jpg

ude0kPt.jpg

A friend was looking through my stuff one day and told me I should look it up because he knew there was some rare FOB out there. Turns out it was a limited edition of only 1,000 exclusive to Virgin Record stores. I'd never even listened to it since I don't like them. So, sold it for $150 on eBay. It went pretty quick too, so probably could have gotten more out of it. I was happy with turning one album I don't like into a bunch that I do, though.

BeeDog

Awww yeah, finally received my Four Tet - Pink vinyl and some other assorted stuff:

Have been craving to have the Pink tunes on vinyl for a long, long, long time. Plus points to whoever can identify the other vinyls to the left and right. (hint for the right one: repress of two insanely popular 2003 tunes from the minimal techno scene)

8bit

Knows the Score
After a bit of discogging, it seems my most valuable item is the Amon Tobin boxset from a few years ago, there's one listed at 500 euros. After that it's the aforementioned Massive Attack / Burial - Inhale Gold at 300 then X-TG - Desertshore at about 200.

big ander

only nominally valuable thing I have is WU LYF record, of which I have both the US pressing (one I listen to) and a sealed UK pressing with a lyrics sheet not included in the US.

CRS

Holy shit at the rise of Demon Days.

What. The. Fuck.

Last time I checked, it was only 100. I don't have my Discogs updated but it does have most of my collection.

So I guess Captain Murphy's isn't my most expensive. The price on it went down drastically. Was there a re-release?

CO5Uii2VAAAUPBy.jpg

I started adding my records to Discogs so I can keep track of them and the biggest surprise of the night has to be Passion Pit - Manners. I was expecting it to be another $20 record like the other stuff I was buying around that time, but it's averaging at $140! Never saw that coming.

hmm well got to say I regret not coping those early FKA twigs eps before she blew up lol

Most expensive thing I sold was a £140 The XX 7", one that I still own is like
Burial + Four Tet - Moth / Wolf Cub which goes for like £45.

C4Lukins

I usually sell my valuable LPs when I realize they're worth some money, hah. Mostly odd/obscure Japanese groups or assorted stuff in the $200-300 range.

Super envious of your New Adventures in Hi-Fi, though. I'd love for that to be reprinted.

Yeah that is my pride and joy. One of my top 5 favorite albums ever.

Mr. Doop

Don't really feel like checking discogs right now, but if I had to guess, my most valuable album would probably be an original pressing of In the Court of the Crimson King.

RP912

Banned
After taking some advice on a previous thread that I made, I decided to get into vinyl collecting. I have this player on the way.

9557c3c1-215b-4d98-ba74-9f6005c3cc3e._V306896994__SL300__.jpg

Along with some records. Whenever, I receive them...I'll post some pics. I'm so excited getting into vinyl since it's been a long time coming.

After taking some advice on a previous thread that I made, I decided to get into vinyl collecting. I have this player on the way.

9557c3c1-215b-4d98-ba74-9f6005c3cc3e._V306896994__SL300__.jpg

Along with some records. Whenever, I receive them...I'll post some pics. I'm so excited getting into vinyl since it's been a long time coming.

It's a fun (but expensive) hobby! Welcome aboard.

C4Lukins

I have a ton of vinyls worth a ton of money. But I hate that there is dozens of albums I want to buy right now. I just want NIN the Fragile, and Tool Aenima.
I have all sortsoff rare shit but why are those unavailable.

I have bought 4 NIN albums, and 3 Tool albums. But really I just want the Fragile and Aenima, and those are the only two I cannot purchase.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Actually Streets of Rage 2 did have a damn good soundtrack...
Agreed. Way more excited about that release than I was for one. Although I may still pick up one anyways cuz it's still a really good mix of music.

I have a ton of vinyls worth a ton of money. But I hate that there is dozens of albums I want to buy right now. I just want NIN the Fragile, and Tool Aenima.
I have all sortsoff rare shit but why are those unavailable.

I have bought 4 NIN albums, and 3 Tool albums. But really I just want the Fragile and Aenima, and those are the only two I cannot purchase.

I would check some collector forums for The Fragile. I got a great deal on a amazing copy of The Fragile a few years back, only for $120.

Got some good birthday loot:

rxZVkpM.jpg

Also have Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz on the way. Father bought it for me, but they seller on Amazon sent him the picture disc version instead, so he sent it back to get the normal black disc version.

nitewulf

I don't listen to game soundtracks, but if I did, I'd be paying a lot of attention to Data Discs right now.

Their Shenmue and Streets of Rage LPs started making it out to buyers recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Olr2iqkoU

How do you actually order, I don't see any links at the site, the Shinobi 3 soundtrack seems to be available...

I'm assuming these are all unauthorized bootlegs though...they seem to be recording directly from Genesis units.

How do you actually order, I don't see any links at the site, the Shinobi 3 soundtrack seems to be available...

I'm assuming these are all unauthorized bootlegs though...they seem to be recording directly from Genesis units.

Here's their store page. Shinobi goes on sale on Friday. You can also order through Mondos site, I think some people said it's cheaper if you're in the US.

They are 100% licensed and legit. I have the first two (Shenmue and Streets of Rage) and they are fantastic all around from sound quality to packaging.

From their site:

We carefully remaster game soundtracks and present them as officially licensed, high quality packages. Our intention is to promote the work of game composers, which is all too often overlooked, and introduce people to an area of music that, despite being culturally significant in many ways, has seldom been available on any format, let alone on vinyl. We aim to release soundtracks that work as standalone pieces; albums that can be enjoyed by casual listeners as well as game fans, and showcase the creativity and ingenuity of the people behind them. We are based in London, England.

Top Bottom