• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Anung

Un Rama
Is it safe to say Matt doesn't care anymore? Always on vacation, half ass-ing his commentary (he currently isn't even playing an LP, making it inexcusable), and can't even pay attention to watching someone else play a game.

Since Billy is now the main editor of the videos, what's Matt's excuse. I hate bashing Matt all the time (he was my favorite long, LONG ago), but he's lagging behind.

So Matt is being Matt?

He's been the weakest member for a long time and no one can tank and LP the way he can.

KRaZyAmmo

Am i missing out on the yakuzie lp right now? I only stopped at the kiryu and real estate part because that's how my playthrough is right now.

Sucks that my first post in here has to be negative.
But yeah for some reason or another, Matt has never bothered me before this Yakuza LP. It's just so goddamn clear he doesn't care about the game. I'm not watching the Night in the Woods one so I have no idea if he's any different there.
Still really love the guy but it sucks that he just doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm about anything channel-related anymore.

Anung

Un Rama
Matt and Woolie are great in NitW

It's the classic thing though. Unless Matt is directly closely passionate or interested in what they are doing then he doesn't give a fuck.

Also called Yakuza Zero being not great LP material from day one. Thank the Gods that Altus saved us from a Persona LP.

Moaradin

Persona 5 probably would have been a bad LP,
since the game itself is poorly paced and the story isn't that interesting to begin with
, but at least Pat and Woolie would be into it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Eh, I enjoy Matt in Yakuza, but yeah, he's definitley been getting weaker for me over the years and also in the recent parts of the LP. Honestly what's been bothering me most about him is how he reads Yakuza dialogue like he's in NiTW but it doesn't work and it just feels forced. His NiTW reading is so god damn good I kinda think if they ever do a dub of it, they get him to do some voices specifically
Germ-warfare

Also speaking of the Persona 5 lp, being really really far into it, yeah, I don't think it would be good, but fuck I really wish they atleast finished the first dungeon. I think they're hype would have continued to be super strong in it and it would have been dope to watch.

Strimei

Somewhat related to the zaibatsu, apparently Plague's got a new LP coming.

I absolutely love his Dark Souls LP, so I can't wait.

So it looks like his LP is...Dark Souls! Yeah you read that right.

Only its an items randomized one, with amped up aggression and Gravelord active.

This should prove interesting.

Coolluck

I really wish they could find a 4th for in-person stuff. More people to bounce off and pick up the slack. Plus having the hosts of a podcast constantly being tired isn't exactly the most engaging thing.

Edzi

So it looks like his LP is...Dark Souls! Yeah you read that right.

Only its an items randomized one, with amped up aggression and Gravelord active.

This should prove interesting.

Oh god YES

I love his take on DS1 and I just finished going through his first playthrough for the second or third time.

Fat4all

Banned
New LA Noire just hit not too long ago

mgJ9GYj.png

FlowersisBritish

Oh god YES

I love his take on DS1 and I just finished going through his first playthrough for the second or third time.

I dunno, seems neat but I would have liked a DSII lp or something. Been having a bit of a fill on DS1 stuff, though i am curious how random items will change it.

FlowersisBritish

He doesn't really like 2 or 3. No point in watching someone play something they're not into.

I get that, I'm just personally kinda burned out on DS1 footage especially since everyone plays the game so similarly(sword and board) I think DS1 strenght was how the build variety was actually viable compared to the sequels yet everyone always plays the same. Again, personal thing. I tend to stop BB videos the moment I see someone use an axe.

BenjiGAF

I'm curious, what makes a "bad" LP to you other Zaibatsu folk? I think the only thing I can't truck with is awful audio like in The Fall.

aly

I'm curious, what makes a "bad" LP to you other Zaibatsu folk? I think the only thing I can't truck with is awful audio like in The Fall.

Them not paying attention and then complaining about why the game didn't explain something when it did. A few times is whatever and even hilarious. being a constant is just annoying.

Anung

Un Rama

Audio/video issues, apathy and refusal to engage the game or understand its mechanics. Also Matt joke forcing and repetitiveness.

Strimei

A boring game, them clearly phoning it in.

On the upside, Matt seems more into today's Yakuza episode. Maybe the start of a new recording session.

FlowersisBritish

A boring game, them clearly phoning it in.

On the upside, Matt seems more into today's Yakuza episode. Maybe the start of a new recording session.

Yeah, to be fair, can't show up 100% to every recording and I sure as hell never showed up 100% to any of my jobs. Though, in terms of dark speculation, I always assumed it would be him that leaves SBFP next and then quickly after Woolie. Obviously Pat never leaves, he just enacts his suicide pact.

Breads

Banned
Nuzlocke run.

If they lose interest in a game the LP suffers greatly. They stop caring and start talking about random bullshit to keep something on air and that's when I check out.

Some LPs recovered from this. FFX had a lull but then it picked up again and now I'm eagerly awating the FFX-2 shit show.

So yeah as long as they sufficiently have interest, like, or hate for a game it can be interesting. If they are apathetic the content suffers.

FlowersisBritish

Im curious what people consider the "bad" LPs?(Note: airquotes because subjectivity) I cant think of any LP i would outright say were terrible, but i can think of mire than a few one offs (Let it die is the one that immediately comes to mind.

ShadyK54

Yeah, to be fair, can't show up 100% to every recording and I sure as hell never showed up 100% to any of my jobs. Though, in terms of dark speculation, I always assumed it would be him that leaves SBFP next and then quickly after Woolie. Obviously Pat never leaves, he just enacts his suicide pact.

I always get the feeling that nowadays he just gets burned out quickly & frequently. Ever since he's picked up/created the "business" end of things, IMO.

Im curious what people consider the "bad" LPs?(Note: airquotes because subjectivity) I cant think of any LP i would outright say were terrible, but i can think of mire than a few one offs (Let it die is the one that immediately comes to mind.

Haven't watched all their LP's, as I only tend to watch ones where they have a history with the game, or it's something so bad it makes for top tier LP'ing (Sadness Trilogy).

Xux

This Stream's pretty strong.
Pat opening the emote thing on Gael's magic pixel and almost eating it and then Woolie struggling to remember the way and somehow dying.

Dragon Ron Paul was pretty bad, but then, that game was pretty shit. The only good thing to come out of it was Woolie and Liam wanting to kill children.

I feel like any long turn based RPG LP has a high chance of being boring due to how fucking boring the combat is, especially if it's a JRPG. Most of these games don't have great pacing either, which is how you get Megaman Command Mission.

Anung

Un Rama

Dangan rumba is a special kind of bad. It was a bad I never expected from this channel.

The Evil Within. It speaks volumes that the best episode in the entire LP is the one where Pat is on his own and took the time out to learn things about the game.

Other than those I don't think they have that many outright terrible LP's. The Last of Us, Soma and some others are weak or not great.

I can live with this because boy oh boy there isn't anything interesting in this EA conference.

I don't know why they even bother devoting so much time and money to their sports games at conferences. They could just have someone waddle out and shout, "IT HAS ROSTER UPDATES, BUY IT YOU FUCKS!" without a mic and it wouldn't notch their sales on those franchises.

Jamie OD

I don't know why they even bother devoting so much time and money to their sports games at conferences. They could just have someone waddle out and shout, "IT HAS ROSTER UPDATES, BUY IT YOU FUCKS!" without a mic and it wouldn't notch their sales on those franchises.

Trust me, there is an audience out there that the sports coverage matters to. When the BBC covered E3 last year they cared more about Fifa getting a story mode than anything else on the show.

Anung

Un Rama
Very interesting that their Con Bravo cards read their video producer/stream name instead of 2BFP/Super Best/whatever.

I SMELL CONSPIRACY.

Top Bottom