• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I am really glad I have you guys, just wish I got into here sooner. We better be saying this kinda shit next year

Alright so I haven't been here that long..I don't think I've even been here 2 weeks yet I've lost track and I don't really care because you guys have been the nicest anyone has ever been to me in my life. You took me in and befriended me like no one has before, I've never really had a group of friends (outside of that realGAF) so it just feels nice to always have people to talk to. My quality of life and my happiness has gone up considerably since I came here.I was at a point in my life where I would go days or close to a week without communicating to anyone except my parents and that was just because I live with them. Anyway I'm not gonna make this super fucking long and girthy, so thanks for being amazing and not hating me like everyone else does! <3

You fucking amazing shitlords

680b69563aceba3df48b4483d007bce3.jpg

Alright so I haven't been here that long..I don't think I've even been here 2 weeks yet I've lost track and I don't really care because you guys have been the nicest anyone has ever been to me in my life. You took me in and befriended me like no one has before, I've never really had a group of friends (outside of that realGAF) so it just feels nice to always have people to talk to. My quality of life and my happiness has gone up considerably since I came here.I was at a point in my life where I would go days or close to a week without communicating to anyone except my parents and that was just because I live with them. Anyway I'm not gonna make this super fucking long and girthy, so thanks for being amazing and not hating me like everyone else does! <3

680b69563aceba3df48b4483d007bce3.jpg
I feel the same way, fuck it's been like 2 months now and it feels like forever. Wish I got to play more games with you guys.

I might be disappionted that jenny ain't happenin this year but I get to talk to you guys so I'm fine

I feel the same way, fuck it's been like 2 months now and it feels like forever. Wish I got to play more games with you guys.

I might be disappionted that jenny ain't happenin this year but I get to talk to you guys so I'm fine

Skullgirl tournaments are gonna be a thing when I get my fightstick.

Before the new year starts let me tell you guys something my mom always said
you can keep all of your farts in a bag but youll never truly appreciate it until you let it rip.

I'll join the sapfest even though I'm bad this kind of stuff. It's not even new years yet, but lets do it.

This past year has been really special for me. It's hard to believe that almost a year has passed. I never thought that this thread would be what it is now, an amazing community filled with amazing people. Every person here, both and old new, are like family to me. All the things we've done together like sing, play fighting games, talk about our shit taste in waifus, etc. All of it was like a never ending joy ride. I don't know where I'm going with this.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Thanks." Thanks for making this an incredible year.

God, that was so sappy. I'm going to go die of embarrassment now.

680b69563aceba3df48b4483d07bce3.jpg
9FvSe.gif

Just don't pull another self banishment PG

Well frienders, made it back from my longest session at the Seattle Gameworks. About 3 hours spent in there, and it wasn't enough to get through about 120 credits on my card (I originally planned for 100 for 20 bucks, but paid an extra 2 dollars for an additional 20). Left the place with about 40 credits remaining, which will be nice when I start my monthly Bemani regiment at that place.

Played way more arcade games than usual, including ones I had not gotten to in previous visits. Tried the Ghost Squad cabinet, but for some reason the sensitivity on the sensors of one of the guns was fucked up and bouncing all over the place. Still managed to get through one of the levels fine, but it was rather annoying. Too Spicy was still hell of fun, despite remaining terrible at it, and HOTD 4, Hydro Thunder, and Daytona 2 were good times.

For rhythm games, I ended up playing the usual ones at least two or three times. I'm still not good enough to get through a Nonstop playlist in DDR Extreme (that's four songs in a row with no breaks in between), though I kept practicing on Drummania and Pop'n Music. Also more DJMax Technika Tune and I even tried some Taiko Drum Master. Although for that game, I don't know if it was me or the player 2 side, but the right sensor on the drum wasn't being super responsive. Still a good time as always, even though most of the other games I tried I found some control issues with which were unfortunate. I'll just be doubling down harder on the rhythm games from now on.

Pop'n and Taiko actually gave me a couple instances to talk with some people while playing. There was one guy that was frequently playing Pop'n Music during the time I was there and he was good enough to unlock Extra Stage during challenge mode. Talked briefly with him about the game and tips for getting better (as well as how fucking nuts IIDX is by comparison for beginners). One of my Taiko sessions had us playing the Legend of Zelda theme, which a girl nearby wearing a Wind Waker Link shirt got super excited when she heard it.

Fun fact, both Pop'n Music 14 Fever and Taiko Drum Master 9 have a Super Mario Bros music arrangement that is the exact same in both games. Starts with the overworld music, then underworld, then starman theme, back to underworld, followed by sped up overworld theme and ending with the level clear music. It was kinda surreal.

Seattle Gameworks continues to be good fun, especially when there's a crowd going in the evening, since there's at least one cabinet of interest that is available to play if one is currently occupied. It's the good kind of crowded, compared to other places like a restaurant. Speaking of which, I discovered that there was a Cheesecake Factory right across the street from the arcade, and I considered going there for a slice of cheesecake. But then I saw the crowds inside and was like "fuck that shit" and that was about the time I decided to catch the bus back to Redmond.

Anyway, that's my big excursion for the last day of 2014 out of the way, tell me what I missed in the last ten pages you nerds.

Top Bottom