• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

Details, now!
Heres what the tv tropes page says
In as much as a draconic hermaphrodite Duel Monster can be a Yandere, Yubel from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX fits this trope to a tee. S/he tortures and "kills" all of Judai's friends, possesses the object of his Ho Yay-implied interests, tries to cause The End of the World as We Know It, and does his/her very best to make Judai suffer as much as possible. Why? Because in a past life, Judai pledged to love only him/her, s/he's jealous that he's forgotten him/her in favor of his other friends, and an unfortunate trip through space has severely screwed up his/her concept of love and pain, leaving him/her unable to distinguish the two and having him/her believe that only through suffering can you truly feel love. S/he gets better, tho.
also she posseses jadens super close friend and I think she says she posses him because jaden likes him so much
also as a kid yubel would send people to the hospital if they beat jaden at duel monsters.
GX is fucking great.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Watching those Berserk bloopers, and its some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while.
Every time Griffith sings it's hilarious, Guts saying, "Which one of you is Goku" as well as Griffith singing the Batman theme song when he turns into Femto is also hilarious.

10/10

Watching those Berserk bloopers, and its some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while.
Every time Griffith sings it's hilarious, Guts saying, "Which one of you is Goku" as well as Griffith singing the Batman theme song when he turns into Femto is also hilarious.

10/10

Oh god that sounds amazing. I'll have to watch them for myself sometime soon.

Heres what the tv tropes page says
also she posseses jadens super close friend and I think she says she posses him because jaden likes him so much
also as a kid yubel would send people to the hospital if they beat jaden at duel monsters.
GX is fucking great.
Man...I always forget just how fucking dark a series about children's card games can get...

Man...I always forget just how fucking dark a series about children's card games can get...
GX season three I think gets the darkest any of the series get. Like even in season zero it was pretty light hearted even if there was murder. GX though, that shit gets serious in season three, season four ruined some moments though. Theres a dude named zane whos deck is killing him so in season three she supposidly goes out with a bang, but season four hes fine.
Also the anime makes yubel look a bit less transvestite

in her card art shes half man, half woman straight down the middle.

GX season three I think gets the darkest any of the series get. Like even in season zero it was pretty light hearted even if there was murder. GX though, that shit gets serious in season three, season four ruined some moments though. Theres a dude named zane whos deck is killing him so in season three she supposidly goes out with a bang, but season four hes fine.
Also the anime makes yubel look a bit less transvestite
yubel1.jpg~c200

in her card art shes half man, half woman straight down the middle.
Wait, so like Baron Ashura? Like this thing?
best2009-ashura.jpg

Squishy3

Wow, people actually watched YuGiOh past it's first season.

I didnt even know it was physically possible.
What even constitutes a season in Yugioh? Do we consider the end of the first season after they get off Pegasus' Island or the end of the episodes with Yugi? I think I actually stopped watching when they started playing that one guy's dice monster game.

What even constitutes a season in Yugioh? Do we consider the end of the first season after they get off Pegasus' Island or the end of the episodes with Yugi? I think I actually stopped watching when they started playing that one guy's dice monster game.

The Egyptian arc is super hype. They don't even duel with cards anymore, they just fight with real monsters.

Wow, people actually watched YuGiOh past it's first season.

I didnt even know it was physically possible.
I watched till the end of battle city. 5 episode duels were getting annoying. I watched all of GX, and I watched some of 5Ds, literally half of Zexal and I need to catch the fuck up on arc-V. Right now apparently a character just went on a maniacl rant about how much fun it was to hunt down and kill another characters faction. Hes a protagonist.

joe2187

Banned

After Pegesus I consider that series over. I liked his toon cards tho, those were cool. And I couldnt stand Seto and his terrible Kid-child brother thing.

demidar

After Pegesus I consider that series over. I liked his toon cards tho, those were cool. And I couldnt stand Seto and his terrible Kid-child brother thing.

The Pegasus island arc was bullshit because all the card effects were made up. It was only after that that the duels actually took from the proper ruleset of the CCG.

Top Bottom