• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

ultimax

But real men care about handicapped girls!

Yep. Very adorbs and pretty normal.. it didn't really get that deep but meh, can't do that every route. It's easy for them to do, since doing an intricate bad ending would be too hard. Misunderstandings and ignorance are easier. So, do you finally understand the secrets of the shed?

So, will you do shizune's or skip over it and just do rin's?
It was so normal that it almost feels out of place in the game, considering the other routes were so....woof...
The shed...........
This game is way too shameless with stuff and things

And yeah, i'll just do it so i can give a proper opinion on it i guess. i may even start later since i finished so early...

or play more devil may cry ;~;

I'm good with Sin as a character because you all you have to do is block his shit and you can move in a little, but fuck Leo. Even when I'm playing out of my mind, all he needs is a hit and you lose 40% health and you're sent into a 50/50 situation.

Yeah, but you get hit by one of Sin's attacks you get wrecked in a four hit combo which sends you flying across the screen, but at least he does have the eat mechanic to somewhat nerf him (or they could have just nerfed his hit length and damage like they should have).

Leo is just bullshit. I run into the same situation because he literally only needs one hit to start a 40-50% bullshit combo. His mixups are outrageous, he can get behind you mid combo and he's very hard to punish on anything, but his super. All the Ky's migrated to Leo online.

AND WHY DO YOU GIVE HIM COUNTERS? RUSHDOWN CHARACTERS WITH COUNTERS IS THE FUCKING WORST. You don't know if he's gonna rush you down to maul you or throw up a counter that he can spam! Its the worst.

Zenfalcia

It was so normal that it almost feels out of place in the game, considering the other routes were so....woof...
The shed...........
This game is way too shameless with stuff and things

And yeah, i'll just do it so i can give a proper opinion on it i guess. i may even start later since i finished so early...

or play more devil may cry ;~;

Yeah, that's why i said, some things just feel really tacked on. It can't be all depressing!
Although there were some drama and slight feels with emi. It also feels like the VN just has some things added on to meet some fetishes, such as the shed scene in emi's route, the bathroom scene in lilly's, i forget if hanako's last scene had anything special.

Sure, have fun. Maybe you won't find it as bad as everyone else says. Up to you, handicapped girls or being a cool guy and styling on people.

Season 4s the best season, but 2 is fantastic. I don't understand peoples dislike for 2.

You are right sir, 4 is best. I go 4,3,1,2 and then 5, myself. But I'm just saying 2 seems an odd choice for best season, and there seem to be a lot of people with that oppinion.
But as long as they aren't the people who skipped season 5. Those guys bug the crap out of me.

Edit: I hated Ziggy, til I liked him.

With how HxH goes, you'll be forgetting a lot of the small unimportant details and getting hype over the good stuff.

And you should practice Xrd, people online are getting gud and I'm barely keeping up myself with them.

And fuck Leo. And Sin. Fucking DLC boss and long range super damage asshole.

I'm just mad Leo is 8 damn dollars. DLC characters should be 5 tops, it's highway robbery!

ultimax

All the Ky's migrated to Leo online.
Now i dont have to feel like an ass for playing as Ky! Yeah!

Yeah, that's why i said, some things just feel really tacked on. It can't be all depressing!
Although there were some drama and slight feels with emi. It also feels like the VN just has some things added on to meet some fetishes, such as anal, bathroom sex, i forget if hanako's last scene had any fetish or anything.

Sure, have fun. Maybe you won't find it as bad as everyone else says. Up to you, handicapped girls or being a cool guy and styling on people.

Yeah, like i felt pretty bad during the cemetery scene, but other then that nothing really destroyed me. Her strength is to be admired and things! and Hanako's didnt really have anything like that. It was just pure depressing awkward mayhem

But why cant i just style on the handicapped girls!?.....
okay that sounds messed up

Xiraiya

After watching Monster and Kill La Kill, I feel you guys know your shit
7x7qSI.png

Zenfalcia

Yeah, like i felt pretty bad during the cemetery scene, but other then that nothing really destroyed me. Her strength is to be admired and things! and Hanako's didnt really have anything like that. It was just pure depressing awkward mayhem

But why cant i just style on the handicapped girls!?.....
okay that sounds messed up

Yeah, keep playing. Different tones and themes for each girl, which is normal, or everything will feel the same and that's no fun.

That depends on what you mean by style... >_>

Man, it's late. I have stuff to do tomorrow. Toodles~

Now i dont have to feel like an ass for playing as Ky! Yeah!

No you should still feel bad. Be a cool guy and play a character that no one plays!

I'm just mad Leo is 8 damn dollars. DLC characters should be 5 tops, it's highway robbery!

I won't defend ArcSys prices on DLC characters. At least they offer free ones for the first few weeks. Not like I would have bought Leo anyway after seeing how he plays.

Pat's girlfriend doing God's work (or Matt's) by making fun of Pat's height when he goes on a roller coaster, even with Matt being thousands of miles away.

She's the true American Hero

No he should watch Detective Conan, clearly if 200 something episodes is too much, surely 700 episodes is the right amount.

One Piece is actually really well done though (Even though it's not my favorite), so comparing it to Naruto and Hamtaro is just ignorant.

Eh I like One Piece years ago but the sheer amount of time it would take to watch all those episodes is too much.

Pat's girlfriend doing God's work (or Matt's) by making fun of Pat's height when he goes on a roller coaster, even with Matt being thousands of miles away.

She's the true American Hero

She could hold her own on an LP. She made me laugh pretty hard.

Xiraiya

No but One Piece is good, ask Pat.
There's nothing really wrong with one piece unless you're the easily influenced individual who is like "Oh it's one of those mainstream shonens, clearly it's garbage." Or going through that late teen, very early 20's phase we're you're suddenly an "adult" and too good for perfectly fine things.

Oda has managed to stay fairly consistent for over a decade, he remembers what he wrote 500 chapters ago and ties everything together nicely and manages to avoid most pitfalls that other Mangaka write themselves into (Such as Kishimoto)
So aside from the fact it's one of the highest rank JUMP Mangas and is well known, it's actually a really solid story that does what it set's out to do, I don't really get overly hyped about it as I've fallen behind on chapters, but I respect it and think it's popularity is well earned.

Fuck that noise.

Why don't you ask me to watch Naruto and Hamtaro next while you are at it

... You and me? I don't think we're going to get along there, Jack.

I won't defend ArcSys prices on DLC characters. At least they offer free ones for the first few weeks. Not like I would have bought Leo anyway after seeing how he plays.

Well, if he is actually that good and popular, he becomes pretty much a must buy for anyone looking to git gud. At least, the way I do it. I want to beat his shit, I got to drag him into training mode and practice countering that shit.

yea im definately gonna read the gintama manga after the anime
should i start from the begining?
also im getting some MAJOR Hisoka vibes from Kamui

Well, if he is actually that good and popular, he becomes pretty much a must buy for anyone looking to git gud. At least, the way I do it. I want to beat his shit, I got to drag him into training mode and practice countering that shit.

That would be good, but considering the AI in Xrd is FUCKING GARBAGE, it'd be pointless. They're not an accurate representation at all of what you'll see online, even on the harder difficulties. They just spam the same special move over and over again until they stop linking.

I play Faust... Does that make me cool?

That makes you cool in the context of guilty gear, which is too popular a fighter for you to be cool on the whole.

Go play Evil Zone to be the truest cool guy.

ultimax

No you should still feel bad. Be a cool guy and play a character that no one plays!

Yeah, you know who nobody plays? Slayer and Potemkin. i'll just play as one of them.
theres really nobody else i want to play as...im messing around with everyones challenge modes right now
precious time can be perfecting my hype Kirino gameplay
Eh I like One Piece years ago but the sheer amount of time it would take to watch all those episodes is too much.
You dont have to watch them all at once. Just an episode here and there. who cares if you get caught up or not

mike0dude

well, if you watch 7 hours of One piece episodes everyday skipping every recap and opening you can get through it all in a month. the longer you wait the more episode you have to watch.

Shackzam

Yeah, but you get hit by one of Sin's attacks you get wrecked in a four hit combo which sends you flying across the screen, but at least he does have the eat mechanic to somewhat nerf him (or they could have just nerfed his hit length and damage like they should have).

Leo is just bullshit. I run into the same situation because he literally only needs one hit to start a 40-50% bullshit combo. His mixups are outrageous, he can get behind you mid combo and he's very hard to punish on anything, but his super. All the Ky's migrated to Leo online.

AND WHY DO YOU GIVE HIM COUNTERS? RUSHDOWN CHARACTERS WITH COUNTERS IS THE FUCKING WORST. You don't know if he's gonna rush you down to maul you or throw up a counter that he can spam! Its the worst.
Because he needs it. Duh. Fuck Leo. I just want Jam in my Guilty Gear, so I can get some of my kind of rushdown in my Guilty Gear.

You dont have to watch them all at once. Just an episode here and there. who cares if you get caught up or not

Me.

Whenever I watch a show I have to binge watch it.

Kill La Kill was really annoying about this since a bunch of the episodes end on cliffhangers and I watched all 24 episodes in about 14hours.

Xiraya my fear is that I will get hooked

Xiraiya

yea im definately gonna read the gintama manga after the anime
should i start from the begining?
also im getting some MAJOR Hisoka vibes from Kamui
Kamui is not nearly as complicated or mysterious as Hisoka, he exists to fight and get stronger, he's basically like a Shonen Hero archtype who's a complete psychopath, since the Yato race are all basically the equivalent of Saiyans in the sense that Humans shouldn't be able to keep up with them.

You won't need to start from the beginning, besides Gintama starts back in April so you may as well wait for that if you run out of anime before then.

demidar

well, if you watch 7 hours of One piece episodes everyday skipping every recap and opening you can get through it all in a month. the longer you wait the more episode you have to watch.

People got lives, man.

Blasting through the manga is a much faster alternative.

Because he needs it. Duh. Fuck Leo. I just want Jam in my Guilty Gear, so I can get some of my kind of rushdown in my Guilty Gear.

The next expansion for GG better be huge. I know its way too early to even think about it now, with it not happening for at least another two years, but its hard not get excited for a game like this expect with like 20+ characters like Ultimax.

Yeah, you know who nobody plays? Slayer and Potemkin. i'll just play as one of them.
theres really nobody else i want to play as...im messing around with everyones challenge modes right now
precious time can be perfecting my hype Kirino gameplay

If only your Kirino was in Guilty Gear. This game would be perfect.

Hopefully in the next release though you find a character you really like. I'm expecting an Ultimax-sized expansion for this game because there honestly its pretty lacking in a lot of ways like P4A vanilla is.

No, play Virtua Fighter if you wanna be the coolest motherfucker.

Even I've never heard of this "Virtua Fighter"

Are you sure you're not making this up?

That's how I am, I'm about 500+ episodes in on One Piece and don't feel a need to be up to date on it. I'll watch it when I'm in the mood for it.

Though it would suck if I died before I ever figured out what One Piece was.

...you fucking asshole...

The only Sega fighter I know of is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Waifu Climax. I just think you're crazy.

Eh, I am just particular on my anime.

I'm also a piece of shit.
At least thats what my friends and family say

Maybe they're just trying to motivate you to get good, ever think of that?
Or if you're being serious, I'm sorry, and now I feel awkward.

That would be good, but considering the AI in Xrd is FUCKING GARBAGE, it'd be pointless. They're not an accurate representation at all of what you'll see online, even on the harder difficulties. They just spam the same special move over and over again until they stop linking..

Not like that, I record the character doing a thing in training, and then I use the replay to check it out in depth. Find out what beats it, what it beats, and so on.
I get really nerdy with this shit, or at least I did with Persona.

Not like that, I record the character doing a thing in training, and then I use the replay to check it out in depth. Find out what beats it, what it beats, and so on.
I get really nerdy with this shit, or at least I did with Persona.

Eh, I don't get that deep in it. Would rather just practice combos in the lab then take it out on AI and online until I can get it down over 90% of the time. I don't use the AI/lab for anything else usually.

Isn't Akira an original character from that game?

Yup. Akira made his debut in Dengeki Bunko vanilla. Hopefully he can make some appearances in new Sega fighters down the line, because the Dengeki guys did an awesome job on his design.

Top Bottom